What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord! Lots of knife lovers! Maybe start your own thread called, " who did you kill today?"
There is already a thread

A fixed blade I carried for several years before I got my 350. Same abuse almost, never really used this one as a hammer. The handle is rubberized on the finger holds and palm area which is really nice. Sheath is positive retention in addition to the button strap.
IMG_20240504_222108350.jpg
IMG_20240504_222103513.jpg

There is already a thread
Link please?

A fixed blade I carried for several years before I got my 350. Same abuse almost, never really used this one as a hammer. The handle is rubberized on the finger holds and palm area which is really nice. Sheath is positive retention in addition to the button strap.View attachment 364552View attachment 364553

Link please?
Sorry my bad, it's actually on RCTalk.

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/posts/1384408/

Actually here it is:
Thread 'For the pew pew & stab stab lovers' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/for-the-pew-pew-stab-stab-lovers.48414/

Yall crack me up. We could start a thread here, I'm not goin elsewhere for one thread 😅
Couple of my KaBar bk9's. Esee 5, esee 4, esee izula 2 and a bk2.

These are my most used fixed blades. I often carry the esee 5 when I'm out. I'm in the country. Pretty normal to see bigger fixed blades on folks around here.

We should really start a thread, could be fun 😁 😂

20220919_115131.jpg

20220910_140930.jpg

20220926_045738.jpg

20201030_211810.jpg

20210115_175614.jpg

DX5C fell apart. My DX5 RUGGED has been doing much better, so I got another one. I like driving more than one rig at a time usually
View attachment 364621
Can you elaborate on "fell apart" please? I've recently picked up a DX6C and kinda have buyers remorse. Wondering if I should sell it and get a Radiolink.

Can you elaborate on "fell apart" please? I've recently picked up a DX6C and kinda have buyers remorse. Wondering if I should sell it and get a Radiolink.
The power button fell off. The DX5C is kind of weak if you throw around your radios like I do like a dummy. The DX5 RUGGED is way more durable. I don't know why, but I've had very bad luck with radiolink and flysky RX. They either fall apart (radiolink 6 channel one) or the flysky has very bad range??? 😢.I do some insane jumps sometimes, end for me personally, only the spectrum Rx have been able to take that abuse and be dependable. User error I guess? 🤷. The DX5C still works actually. I just use a pick and put it through the hole where the power button was and I turn it on like that. But it's annoying

The power button fell off. The DX5C is kind of weak if you throw around your radios like I do like a dummy. The DX5 RUGGED is way more durable. I don't know why, but I've had very bad luck with radiolink and flysky RX. They either fall apart (radiolink 6 channel one) or the flysky has very bad range??? 😢.
I passed on the Rugged because of the touchpad and no backlight, love the rest of the design though.

I passed on the Rugged because of the touchpad and no backlight, love the rest of the design though.
Yeah it's kind of clunky indeed. The backlight doesn't bother me that much since I only run my rigs in the day time. But I understand why you passed 👍. I would personally keep that radio that you bought. Just don't drop it or throw it around all over the place like I did with my DX5C 😅. They also have a DX6 rugged 😁. Not sure about the touchpad on that one TBH

Last edited:
I'd honestly say, I'll totally put the blame on @3x9rtse for this project.... This is my first "real" competition grade kit, Also I've never been on a real track before!!! But lucky for me, Paul was totally willing to give me some pointers and a bunch of good advice for a first timer!!! Stay tuned for a new build log and a new adventure!!!! Mike
Everything will be here by the end of this week... buggy Wednesday, esc combo Thursday and servo Friday!!!!!! I haven't been this excited about a build in a long time!!! Mike

Everything will be here by the end of this week... buggy Wednesday, esc combo Thursday and servo Friday!!!!!! I haven't been this excited about a build in a long time!!! Mike
That’s awesome!! I realllllllllllly want another one baaaaaad… Hope ya do a build thread, so I can at least live vicariously through you for another month or so… 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

What servo did ya get?

Also, did ya pick up any kit upgrades like aluminum sway bar collars, spare a,b,c, and d-block pills, suspension arm sleeve inserts, etc? I do believe Tekno includes the billet servo horn now in 25t spline. Can’t wait to see pics of the horde/haul as it arrives! Where’d ya end up scooping everything from?

Sorry so many questions buddy-can ya tell I’m damned near as excited as you are?!? 😅🍻

I'll take my time on this one, so it should be well documented!!!
Got the Tekno from horizon,
HW Xr8 from radio control power
Power hd t50 servo came from an ebay seller...
Nothing for spares or upgrades yet, But I'll decide if anything should be done as I build...Mike

I'll take my time on this one, so it should be well documented!!!
Got the Tekno from horizon,
HW Xr8 from radio control power
Power hd t50 servo came from an ebay seller...
Nothing for spares or upgrades yet, But I'll decide if anything should be done as I build...Mike

Right on! All good stuff for sure! I’m a Tekin guy, but I don’t piss all over whatever I’m not running like most guys seem to do. I feel like once you’re at top tier level, it’s ALL plenty capable stuff, and you oughta be plenty happy with HW, as well as PowerHD.

There are a few items that IMHO; oughta be installed right out of the gate, which I one reason I asked..

Tekno Aluminum swaybar collars (factory are plastic, and they’re garbage) also, I’d replace the included bearings for them with spacers so that you get the most out of your bars. Tekno will be including this setup when the new buggy is released. I got mine from Mugen, but most any 1/10 ball stud spacer will work as well provided they’re the size of the Mugens. Then run your new aluminum collars I just mentioned inside out, so that the bar has play, and can “float”. The bearing design is too tight, and they seize up due to this, and the elements.

IMG_2997.jpeg

You can run it factory, but they won’t last long lol. Would save you some effort just building with these.

Titanium Turnbuckles. Factory are a known weak point in a race scenario, and the the Ti units are larger to come in at the same weight, and are absolutely stronger. I’ve ALWAYS ran Lunsford, but they recently closed up shop, and I now run J&T, JConcepts, or you can find them from JTP, or T-Works.

Hardened steel Spur. Tekno option part. Kit comes with plastic spur. Plastic spur with instant torque of a DC motor is ludicrous to me. And all it takes is one tiny pebble as well, and you’re a DNF..

Use a lexan reamer prior to attempting to start your treads on all turnbuckle/steering link rod ends. Tekno plastic is some of the best I’ve ever worked with. IE-makes new threads pretty difficult to get straight. A slight chamfer with the reamer works wonders.

Tony’s Screws. I’ve built every kit I’ve owned over the past 20+ years with his 12.9 hardware kits. Tekno has stepped up and included PHENOMENAL hardware with their kits, so even though I still use Tony’s, and keep the factory Tekno’s for spares; it’s not required IMHO. I would of course brakekleen all the machine oil off of the screws prior to any loctite.

That’s really IT man! You’ll love the build, and the manual is the best in the biz! Have fun! 🤙

Just ordered the latest Kraton 6S EXB wing mount - ARA320758

Will see what we** can do with that...

** "we" meaning me..
But, my wife will be Eye-ing me HARD -thinking out Loud..
"Why are you buying more RC parts (again) when you don't even own a Kraton 6S EXB v2..."

Last edited:
Ordered some Talion tires/wheels. For $35 a set, I gotta try them.
I've been running Katar T's on my long armed Mojo 6s. The Katars are the perfect size for me, but the tread pattern is a bit too aggressive for hardpack. So hoping these will do me some good, nice tight pin type tire, I'm guessing the compound will be rather hard but there isn't much out there for 5.75" pin tires. Most truggy tires don't hold up to a 6s Mojo in my experience. BF LP's work great for loose terrain for a while, until the foams break down and sidewalls start tearing..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C39VMBWF?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Screenshot_20240506-130405_Samsung Internet.jpg

These appear to be knockoffs of the TLR Typhon DBoots Exabytes, which I also own a set of. They're a pretty hard compound, grip is meh, but they wear like iron! LOL:LOL:
I'm desperate for something that grips the clay in the Katar T size. I do have truggy race tires, but they don't play well with a heavy 6s rig like the Mojo, sidewalls cry and rip apart..

Back