What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paid tree trimmers to come out and cut down 2 huge either maple or oak tree's theres some disagreements there.. anyway about 7 Trunks per tree 20-30feet tall.. Just paid them to cut them down 750 for 2 trees.. fiddlesticking rediculus.. So now my whole back yard is filled with poop I gotta chains saw up and move to the other corner of the yard to decompose :(

My back arms shoulder neck and nut sack has never hurt more in my fiddlesticking life. Been at it for 2 days now and theres at least another week or 2's worth of poop...

They wanted 1500 to cut it and haul it away so I said just put it on the ground and i'll deal with the aftermath..

Mistakes were made.. I shoulda just paid them to do all if it.. this fiddlesticking sucks on so many levels.

BUT.. Little did we know both trees were rotting on the middle and within a few years would have fallen down on there own and hit my house sending my insurance rates thru the fiddlesticking roof and likely not covering ALL the damage that would have been done..

So I at least saved the house from total destruction like a boss!

Finally got my new set of Fast Eddy bearings last night, so I was able to get my second set of difs all prepped. 50/1M/30, shimmed and a new Hot Racing dif cup for the center. My other set up that's in the truck is 50/500/30, also with an HR cup in the center. New V4 motor mount also showed up, but I used the rest of my time to install a BLX 185 esc in my Slash, mated to a 2650kv motor. Running that on 4s. Had the BLX in it before, but had to "borrow" it when the Noto went swimming. MIP and RPM at all four corners with 2.8 Badlands. I think there might still be one original Traxxas part on it, but it's hard to say. ;)

Finally got my new set of Fast Eddy bearings last night, so I was able to get my second set of difs all prepped. 50/1M/30, shimmed and a new Hot Racing dif cup for the center. My other set up that's in the truck is 50/500/30, also with an HR cup in the center. New V4 motor mount also showed up, but I used the rest of my time to install a BLX 185 esc in my Slash, mated to a 2650kv motor. Running that on 4s. Had the BLX in it before, but had to "borrow" it when the Noto went swimming. MIP and RPM at all four corners with 2.8 Badlands. I think there might still be one original Traxxas part on it, but it's hard to say. ;)
If you're trying to find it, it'll be the one that breaks next.
My Slash is stacked as well but need a new tranny now. Cheap as it is, I told myself no more upgrades for this truck.
I should prolly just get it, install and put it up for sale.

Put some Banditos on the Typhon. Vented and reamed out center bc it was not quite wide enough. Also put on a cooler spoiler after adjusting mounting holes. Now if it'll just stop raining!!!
IMG_20190503_214253860.jpg

Still cutting trees apart :(

I'll be the fiddlesticking hulk by the time this shits done.. spent from 8am yesterday till around 4pm cutting and hauling.. cleared a huge amount tho.. but jesus there still so much more :(

Today I spent some time making cables and a mounting plate for a Max 8, not very happy though as my battery leads on the ESC are too short and I had to extend them...sketchy ???

Looks like I could be heading to the "what did you buy today" thread soon...???

IMG_2411.jpeg
IMG_2410.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the RPM front bumper on and the Voltage chassis braces. Couple more tricks to do but wanted to run it while the weather is good enough...last week was bad in South Louisiana for rain and wind.
Not a fan of the center brace thing on the Kraton. Is it necessary?

Removed my Tactic from my Granite ready to put into Kraton, preparing for a big strip down at the weekend..??

Loads of new parts to fit..???

Finally got the gears for my diffs. Started on the front diff, where the gear was busted, and decided to do all of them.

The center diff looked the best, no broken parts or leaks.

Found a broken pin in the rear diff, gears still look good.

Now I'm wondering if the broken pins are a case of bad shimming or just the result of all the bad landings. I'll shim properly and try to land better. Time will tell.
20190517_000915.jpg

Brought my ECX Torment to work to fit some new TRX driveshafts and give it a bash after work. Remembered to bring the tools, battery, charger, truck, body clips, hexes, pins, screws... forgot the wheels at home. :facepalm:

IMG_20190516_220726.jpg

Resoldered the power jack on my laptop and worked on regaining my sanity after the wife got on my case about stupid poop.

Couldn't get a therapy session in with my rigs because of all the fiddlesticking rain. Oh well, working on the laptop was pretty therapeutic while listening to music.

Back