What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman style!

That's a lot of beef! You intending on 8S or just looking for a more durable 6S setup?

6s with a motor imo equal to the older CC 1717
I'd like to be able to bash in big open spaces at 75-ish without overheating or adding a lot of weight.

I think I'll end up with a similar setup on 8s in the Talion if it performs like I expect it will

Modified the heatsink and added a second fan.
20190426_114308.jpg
20190426_114415.jpg

Working on a tower brace for the 6s. Friend of mine patented one from me, but he's a bit too short… I will have to grind;

On the other hand, a track buddy told me that I don't really need it because the truck is already over braced by the middle triangles arms…
What do you think?
PL

Working on a tower brace for the 6s. Friend of mine patented one from me, but he's a bit too short… I will have to grind;

View attachment 36537

On the other hand, a track buddy told me that I don't really need it because the truck is already over braced by the middle triangles arms…
What do you think?
PL
If you're running mostly on tracks, and don't do a lot of big jumping, those chassis braces that run through the center should be enough. The tower to tower is only functional when you are landing from huge air, and want to minimize the flex/bending towards the middle, when landing heavily on either the front or rear. Looks like you already have something to help offset that, with those turnbuckles that are attached to the center from the front and back.

Hobbywing fan and heat sinks on Kraton and Typhon. Anyone know if Arrma makes risers for the Typhon to lift the shell a little?
TBone parts came in so thinking about taking the Kraton center tower off and letting the cage protect. Then the fan will fit on heat sink.

Pull front end off, replaced dog bones, knuckles and the bushings on my steering rack for bearings. I then installed my TBR rear wheelie bar that for some reason I hadn’t gotten around to in the last 4-5mths

Installed my hr hubs front and back on my V4 Kraton, I stripped out the plastic stocks, got some in under warranty just to keep as backups.

Also got a buddy’s old HPI firestorm back up and running, he crashed it during the break in and never had the ambition to fix it almost 10 years ago.

Put a stock servo in, as the gears on my Savox 0231-MG, might be a little shaved. I also had to put the stock bumper back on, as I snapped my T-Bone in two, ripping through massive clumps of hardened dirt that felt like cement after drying up from all the rain. I also did something else, and you guys can tell me what you think. The camber on the Noto is adjusted by two plastic shims that go on the outside of the upper and lower front arms, where the pillow balls screw in. I've been having an issue with the front dirveshaft popping out of the out drive on hard landings. So I removed the shims, and only replace the lower one, with the one that was on the upper. The lower was 1.5mm and the upper is 1mm. There's still negative camber, but a fraction less. Since I only bash, and camber doesn't really play into it that much, The change means the drive shaft since slightly tighter in the out drive, and doesn't bind or come to close to anything because of the change. To be honest, I could probably run with no spacers/shims there, and I don't think it would negatively impact how the truck runs or turns. The tolerances of these 6s trucks, isn't that precise to begin with, and with the big back flips on there, not sure how much camber will come into play anyways. Thoughts?

Put hobby wing fans on Kraton and Typhon. It wasn't exactly a perfect fit as you'll see in pics below. The Kraton required the most modifications and this $10 upgrade almost cost me $50+ in damage if I didn't notice. First off the fan won't fit with the center support cage. 2nd the HW heat sink find don't allow the motor to slide back in place to mesh pinion and spur. I cut off a segment of the final to make it work. I only went without the cage bc my TBone exocage came in and that provided plenty of protection. The Typhon only needs a few cm extra space from shell, but it fits snuggly. I ordered riser options so hopefully that'll give a little extra clearance.
Took both out bashing today and the HB set up worked great. Kraton with Trenchers never got above 140F and the Typhon never got above 110F. Both on and off with bashing and speed runs.
15565052765592880382997416650378.jpg
IMG_20190428_141654527.jpg

Put a stock servo in, as the gears on my Savox 0231-MG, might be a little shaved. I also had to put the stock bumper back on, as I snapped my T-Bone in two, ripping through massive clumps of hardened dirt that felt like cement after drying up from all the rain. I also did something else, and you guys can tell me what you think. The camber on the Noto is adjusted by two plastic shims that go on the outside of the upper and lower front arms, where the pillow balls screw in. I've been having an issue with the front dirveshaft popping out of the out drive on hard landings. So I removed the shims, and only replace the lower one, with the one that was on the upper. The lower was 1.5mm and the upper is 1mm. There's still negative camber, but a fraction less. Since I only bash, and camber doesn't really play into it that much, The change means the drive shaft since slightly tighter in the out drive, and doesn't bind or come to close to anything because of the change. To be honest, I could probably run with no spacers/shims there, and I don't think it would negatively impact how the truck runs or turns. The tolerances of these 6s trucks, isn't that precise to begin with, and with the big back flips on there, not sure how much camber will come into play anyways. Thoughts?
I run with no spacers on my Kraton. What you did is fine ?

I run with no spacers on my Kraton. What you did is fine ?
Thanks @bicketybam. Just wanted to make sure that others had already tried it, and aren't having any issues. Gonna replace those stock lower arms with RPM too. (y)

I like that set up! Especially the fabbed fans. Curious about that little box right next to the servo that looks like some line is coming out of it...what is that?
Thanks

That's the on/off switch for the ESC
IMG_9715.JPG

Excuse the dust, I've been running the snot out of this thing for the last few days trying to dial everything in

Excuse the dust, I've been running the snot out of this thing for the last few days trying to dial everything in
Only a true gentlemen would ask to be excused because his rc truck is dirty. Love the fan set up @Mr.Duke. Clean install makes the inside look almost as good as the outside. Almost ;)

Back