What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After eating 2 hotdogs became ambitious and washed and waxed Paula's car...hopefully back to old self soon!

IMG_20240423_160930794_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240423_160947591_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Picking up girlfriend at Airport tonight at 11:30. Hope I can make it. She's been gone for 6 days and during that time something became very apparent. All my cleaning supplies, washer/ dryer, vacuum cleaner and stove would last me the rest of my life if I were single. Glad that's not the case though.

At Daytona Beach airport. Short term parking lot is jammed packed, however walked into airport and not 1 single person ANYWHERE!! Upstairs or down. Finally seen a maintenance guy. I feel I'm in an episode of walking dead! Very very erie!!!

View attachment 362793

Twilight Zone......

At Daytona Beach airport. Short term parking lot is jammed packed, however walked into airport and not 1 single person ANYWHERE!! Upstairs or down. Finally seen a maintenance guy. I feel I'm in an episode of walking dead! Very very erie!!!

View attachment 362793
I love messing around in empty airports😂
My family had a dance party in GR, I tried to roll down the ramp laying across multiple suitcases tied together… crashed into a wall

Where did you source your bolts, if I may ask..

I need to do the same.
I’m not sure if you like the gold screws Tex. I like the look, and they don’t rust. 50x pack of screws, and most are under $10 for the pack
M3x10 cap
M3x12 cap
M3x16 cap
M3x10 flat
M3x12 flat
IMG_4878.jpeg

Today, I worked on my drift car. Been designing battery trays to adjust the weight shift and balance characteristics. For a RTR, it drives freaking fantastic now! I still love my Arrma’s and all, but the amount of drive time I get on 2WD drifting is pleasurable. Not that I don’t like working on my cars, but 2 hours of work for 30 minutes of bashing doesn’t compare to almost 0 hours of work and almost endless drive time. I’ll wear my bearings out before I break something.
IMG_5284.jpeg

After eating 2 hotdogs became ambitious and washed and waxed Paula's car...hopefully back to old self soon!

View attachment 362740

View attachment 362741
Beautiful car, beautiful job 👍👍. I use to enjoy doing that. Was a bit of a detailer years ago. Nothing major. No major exterior paint stuff like wheeling them out. Was just starting to get into that, then I had a stroke. But anyway, it's rewarding work. For windshields, I'd scrub em' with 1000grit steel wool heavily dampened with glass cleaner after vehicle was all washed and dried. Takes any contaminants like tiny tree sap droplets from the wind right off. Then wipe with isopropyl alcohol. Then apply Rain X. Spray with distilled water after it dries and wipe crystal clear with microfiber. Can do that with all exterior windows if you like. I'd wash door jambs and would even polish and wax em.' Clay bar the paint, use polish, then wax. I never made the tires have the greasy used car-lot shine. Always natural looking, but completely blackened. Use degreaser like LA Awesome or Purple Power to remove the dull brown oxidation from the rubber. Full strength, then scrub and never let any of that stuff dry. Was all fun to me.

You should see her with her top down. :LOL: j/k. She loves the car but I worry about her. She does homecare as a nurse and drives a lot. Its a death trap and people down here are extremely rude and aggressive road rage idiots.
put her in a CyberTruck and rest easy 😂

Back