What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once “cured” a ceramic coating to some s10 small block Chevy shorty “swap” headers in the oven… My girl wasn’t as impressed as I was that they fit…🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
I rebuilt a Beretta 92 and cured Cerakote in the oven while my wife was at work. Took 2 days for the smell to completely go away. She was PISSED. 🤣

Also, if you have a bolt that's hopelessly rusted into a Jeep part, a deep fryer works amazingly well. That hot oil goes right into the threads.

Before I retired I entered a customers kitchen to find them rebuilding a truck transmission on the kitchen table.
I've worked on dirtbike motors on the kitchen table before. Might as well be comfortable.

Today I did nothing. I was 100% totally useless. I have no regrets.
were the millers no ragrets GIF

Today I did nothing. I was 100% totally useless. I have no regrets.
I worked on my K6 yesterday. Alot. The 4990 forever build. It's reel close. Just need to mount the ESC, set it up & set steering link, adjustment. Today, same here. I did find a awesome spot about 5min from here at a huge industrial park for street bashing/speed runs. So maybe I'm at 99%. No regrets either bro

Finally decided to get my old S-Maxx working. Ran a tank in my backyard. Ran great for a vehicle that's been on the shelf for at at least 8 years. Everything original except bumpers. I was using the original AM transmitter. Miss the smell of nitro fuel!

20240512_155938.jpg

Got it back together. This is one Traxxas that I missed dearly after I sold it. When I got a chance to trade to get it back, I jumped at it. This is the very truck that was the star of this immortal classic:

View attachment 366221
Man, I got my truck pretty good the other day and need to see if I caught it on video.

WOW dude, you’re brave. I do mine one at a time so all parts go back where they came from. If I tried to do multiples simultaneously I’d screw them all up six ways to Sunday. And you’re doing entirely different kinds of diffs! If I tried that there would be a “large bag of assorted differential parts for cheap” in the classifieds the next day. 😂

Man, I got my truck pretty good the other day and need to see if I caught it on video.
It was the next day before I thought to check the ring camera, and I am glad it caught it. All it did was pull out a motor mount screw and the pinion came loose. That's all that was wrong with it. I was back out running it 10 mins later.

Got it back together. This is one Traxxas that I missed dearly after I sold it. When I got a chance to trade to get it back, I jumped at it. This is the very truck that was the star of this immortal classic:

View attachment 366221
Those wheels look perfect on there!

Back