Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s marked as a 1/6th but yeah, definitely not a 5th scale. Buyers have to get a Losi if you want a 5th scale MT.
Would agree ?. I love that Losi 5IVE T 2.0 what a cool truck
Is that a RCMK XCR?
Yes The XCR-1000 from Dave’s. It’s a good solid buggy!

Would agree ?. I love that Losi 5IVE T 2.0 what a cool truck

Yes The XCR-1000 from Dave’s. It’s a good solid buggy!
I want one sooo bad.

I’ve made up my mind and will try out the x maxx after hearing only good things about it and it’s durability. Just looks like a massive beef cake. I want a pretty big truck so it should fit my wants perfectly.
Check out my abuse of both the xmaxx and the Outcast ?;

I asked over on the traxxas forum and didn’t get much help?. (Shocker). I was wondering if the stock spur and pinion on the newest version strip or break easily and if the pinion comes loose very easily still.
I abused mine for a while with no issues with the stock spur gear and pinion. I did add red loctite to the pinion set screw and waited for one day.

Who was driving what ? The guy driving the O8S was sending it pretty well !!!! Guy driving the Xmaxx shaking his arms every time the body popped off ! LOL Nice job to both of you !
Was driving the O8S and my step-dad was driving the xmaxx. He's been out of the hobby for a long time, so he's rusty and getting used to the xmaxx. Thanks. What's crazy is that I didn't even know that the Outcast 8S was broken and I kept driving it. That's how good it is ?. Two shock shafts were bent, and one shock eye was broken. I got scared because when my dad was driving it, he lost sight of it and the O8S ended up in a busy street. Luckily cars were swirving around it ?

any traxxas electrnics are poop. youll want the torque biasing center diff. all the new 8s already have it..if you buy an old 6s ,the rear diffs don't hold up when you start launching it.
Yep, trying to get the newest version and sort out any problems the truck has out of the box.

IMG_20201003_184903.jpg

I really like the monster truck feel

Yep, trying to get the newest version and sort out any problems the truck has out of the box.
Stock ESC might be an issue sooner or later (replaced with max 6 esc) rear hubs break easily (replaced with rpm ones. No more issues), hinge pins fall out on arms (replaced with rpm threaded hinge pins), the body will fall apart (gorilla tape to make it last longer, but was replaced with Russian body). Make sure to vent and tape the stock tires and put extra tire glue on them. Inner front hub bearings don't last long.

Had some friends over yesterday for a day of RC , so we took out all three of the big guys !!! So , again , they are all great , they drive with their own traits .
DBXL-E died first , LOL , K8S next . Went back to our cars to get our 6s models , came back , other friend still driving the Xmaxx !!! LOL . They are friends that we race 1/10th with , they never drove these big rigs , but were highly impressed to say the least , they loved how the K8S flies thru the air , and how it lands / handles /speed !!! Side note : I'm starting to see my upper T2T brace starting to " bow " , chassis doesn't look bent . I never did the upgrade 1.5 braces yet , looks like I should !!

GOPR0209.JPG

GOPR0213.JPG

I’ve made up my mind and will try out the x maxx after hearing only good things about it and it’s durability. Just looks like a massive beef cake. I want a pretty big truck so it should fit my wants perfectly.
Sounds good Bigtim29 !! I don't know how to find out what V mine is , it is 3 years old now . Kept mine stock and is has been nothing else short of dependable . As said , typical stuff : orig body is destroyed ( put on my show body now to use up , ugh ) , rear hub bearing ( $10 ) and super easy to replace , fr and rr bumper/braces from bad landings ( again very inexpensive ) . So far , no diff/electronics/shock issues ,still orig tires , even the 3 year old batteries .
DO NOT use the self righting feature !!!!!!!!!!!! , and if you land and the truck is on its side , DO NOT floor it to try and get it back on its wheels
!!! Tires will explode , I haven't done it . but seen it happen a few times .
I'm not on this Arrma forum endorsing a TRX product , but it is an awesome truck .
With that said , great for your first , but highly recommend the K8S after this !!!!

Are the mod 1.5 gears on the stock motor in an xmaxx a good idea? Any disadvantages to it? Or should I just stick with mod 1 gears, still haven’t gotten the xmaxx but hope to soon.

Are the mod 1.5 gears on the stock motor in an xmaxx a good idea? Any disadvantages to it? Or should I just stick with mod 1 gears, still haven’t gotten the xmaxx but hope to soon.
Like I mentioned before, I have beaten the crap out of the 18/54 stock gears and they didn't give me any issues. I did use aftermarket ones for the 20/50 gearing though. HR spur and Robinson Racing pinion.

T
Stock gears are fine. You done need mod 1.5 gears on a stock motor.
Thanks for responding quick. Good to know.
Like I mentioned before, I have beaten the crap out of the 18/54 stock gears and they didn't give me any issues. I did use aftermarket ones for the 20/50 gearing though. HR spur and Robinson Racing pinion.
Good to hear that the stock gears aren’t as bad as everyone says. I guess it all depends on gear mesh, I’ll probably be manually setting the mesh instead of using the pin system , already used to manually setting.

T

Thanks for responding quick. Good to know.

Good to hear that the stock gears aren’t as bad as everyone says. I guess it all depends on gear mesh, I’ll probably be manually setting the mesh instead of using the pin system , already used to manually setting.
Actually the pin system with the stock motor and the stock gearing out of the box is what I was using. Stock motor mount too. I would just put some red loctite on the pinion before running it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back