1/5 Outcast 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since going with the SWB chassis, I will not be getting the OC8. My chassis is like 10mm longer, and I prefer the equal length between the f/r diffs from the center diff. To me it is more balanced in power transfer. I can easily make mine an OC8 by putting the rear shock tower on the front lol.

That big 'ol front end doesn't seem to have much trouble getting up in the air.

That truck is just so nice looking. Look at it! Haha. I’d buy it just for looks over my Xmaxx. Hmm I wonder if they would do a EXB 8S Outcast. Either way as I said before this purchase of the O8S will have to wait until next year for me , I wanted a Infraction before end of year so that’s what I’m saving for, but by then who knows what they release for next year.

Since going with the SWB chassis, I will not be getting the OC8. My chassis is like 10mm longer, and I prefer the equal length between the f/r diffs from the center diff. To me it is more balanced in power transfer. I can easily make mine an OC8 by putting the rear shock tower on the front lol.
And you can probably use the O8S body, when it's available, to make it look good.

Boy how the tide has turned! Who remembers how disappointed people were when they revealed the Kraton 8S? "It’s not a true monster truck! If it were an Outcast I’d be all over it! Sign me up!" Where are those people now? ?
I ended up with the K8S and xmaxx 8s and I don't regret it. Yeah, I was one of those complaining about the K8S until I bought one and realized how durable and fun this thing is. I guess $900 Arrma trucks are not that hot sellers because you can easily find K8S online even right now. Except for the Unicorn O8S ?
I still find it sorta strange that the busted promo truck would end up at my LHS a week b4 the Asians got it - yet I had no desire to run it at all :ROFLMAO: A pitiful motor will do that to you. I guess the earplugs in the diff was too much for it. But it did flip a few times & took out a ramp b4 the transmitter died & ESC crapped out :ROFLMAO: Nearly a month later, it's still there gathering dust . . .
That's what they get for doing standing backflips too many times. I try not to do that too often. It only looks cool, but it destroys your drivetrain.

Last edited:
I ended up with the K8S and xmaxx 8s and I don't regret it. Yeah, I was one of those complaining about the K8S until I bought one and realized how durable and fun this thing is. I guess $900 Arrma trucks are not that hot sellers because you can easily find K8S online even right now. Except for the Unicorn O8S ?

That's what they get for doing standing backflips too many times. I try not to do that too often. It only looks cool, but it destroys your drivetrain.
At least you've seen the light ?

It's arrived in the uk guy's not seen any running videos yet has anyone else?

My 2nd pair of rear tires are already pulling off the rim just like the 1st ones that I had to return hopefully that's not gonna keep being a problem If so I'm gonna have to buy Bead locks

My 2nd pair of rear tires are already pulling off the rim just like the 1st ones that I had to return hopefully that's not gonna keep being a problem If so I'm gonna have to buy Bead locks
Nah, just get some powerhobby belted (I think some people are using those too) xmaxx tires or duratrax belted 22mm tires. Cheaper and lighter no? What pinion do you have? Stock electronics? I know that the stock tires suffer with those insane bigger motors that some people put in the K8S.
Looks like the oc 8s has less ground clearance then the XMaxx

Waiting for the side by side comparison!!!!???

Like I said before, the K8S and xmaxx have the same ground clearance at the axles. The cool thing about the O8S is that it is freaking WIDE. So it's wider than the xmaxx, but a bit shorter. From my experience, the 8s electronics on the Arrma trucks are very good. They sweep the floor with the stock xmaxx esc. The stock motor on the xmaxx is pretty good. And the K8S can be geared higher than the xmaxx with little issues too. I wouldn't go higher than 20/50t gearing on the xmaxx, Max 6 esc and stock motor. And the stock xmaxx body is only good for a shelf queen ($130 indestructible body is needed for serious bashing) . The body on the K8S is very durable.
Kevin torture test :

Last edited:
Nah, just get some powerhobby belted (I think some people are using those too) xmaxx tires or duratrax belted 22mm tires. Cheaper and lighter no? What pinion do you have? Stock electronics? I know that the stock tires suffer with those insane bigger motors that some people put in the K8S.

Like I said before, the K8S and xmaxx have the same ground clearance at the axles. The cool thing about the O8S is that it is freaking WIDE. So it's wider than the xmaxx, but a bit shorter. From my experience, the 8s electronics on the Arrma trucks are very good. They sweep the floor with the stock xmaxx esc. The stock motor on the xmaxx is pretty good. And the K8S can be geared higher than the xmaxx with little issues too. I wouldn't go higher than 20/50t gearing on the xmaxx, Max 6 esc and stock motor. And the stock xmaxx body is only good for a shelf queen ($130 indestructible body is needed for serious bashing) . The body on the K8S is very durable.
Kevin torture test :
So your saying arrma is better built? Lol rhetorical... So with the suspension fully preloaded they both have the same ground clearance?

So your saying arrma is better built? Lol rhetorical... So with the suspension fully preloaded they both have the same ground clearance?
Out of the box, to me it seems the xmaxx and Kraton have about the same ground clearance. And yes, I think the V1.5 Kraton is better built out of the box and it's a better value. That's been my personal experience. Not hating on my xmaxx at all, it's just my experience. Don't get me wrong. I love the xmaxx, but I've said many times that it's overpriced. For sure the ESC on the Kraton is way better than the xmaxx stock ESC.

Out of the box, to me it seems the xmaxx and Kraton have about the same ground clearance. And yes, I think the V1.5 Kraton is better built out of the box and it's a better value. That's been my personal experience. Not hating on my xmaxx at all, it's just my experience. Don't get me wrong. I love the xmaxx, but I've said many times that it's overpriced. For sure the ESC on the Kraton is way better than the xmaxx stock ESC.
Awesome!!!

So when does your outcast come in so i can swing by? ? jokin.

Kevin torture test :
Running stock electronics for now but gotta a Max 6 and 5687 motor For the X Maxx But it's good to know that there's tires that aint gonna cause the same problems
Right now I just got too many projects my Limitless to inferno my trx 4 to 4s And change out the portal drive axles My outcast 4s still need one metal diff and metal yokes my talion wich I took motor and esc to put in infraction So I can get it to run since it was just sitting on the shelf and I couldn't wait And last but not least mini 8ight t Which I crashed trying out the Merv motor and esc Still trying to get the right gearing keep the motor from overheating and still getting top speed So my plates full

Last edited:
Awesome!!!

So when does your outcast come in so i can swing by? ? jokin.
If you live in San Antonio TX you can come by whenever you want! We could race with my few rigs ?. Actually I canceled my first ore order because I chose the wrong payment method and just pre ordered AGAIN ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back