m2c deranged customer service rep avery looper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered some exb outdrives (to the uk). They listed/labeled the value of said parts at $192! This meant I incurred customs charges of £52 ($60 ish) on $50 worth of parts. Anything under £135 = no customs charges here in UK. I emailed and was basically told "suck it up buttercup". No apology, nothing. No more money from me Mr m2c.

as much as I enjoy "most" of the m2c stuff I've bought I've run into a dud or two and I also think their customer service is really really bad. justbashitrc makes good chassis and parts as well.

https://www.evshobbiesusa.com/collections/jbi-chassis
+!
Same experience here. A dud or 2. And Mr Looper does have a temper. Others stated the same. Spoke with him once, years back on some new part release. A testy MF for sure. Like he had little time for me and some questions. Back when M2C was a small Company. As Crusty as they come. Daughter is a fast talker as well. ;) Avery I never spoke with. Many didn't like him. Every so often I see threads like this in regards. QC could be a tad better considering their High Pricing. Cust service could also be better IMHO. But they are among the best. JBI and Scorched rank up there, and if not better these days.

Last edited:
Avery is nothing compared to his predecessor. Mitch may be a little grumpy or short at times but always takes care of his customer. I’ve gotten short (rude) replies from Avery almost everytime since he took over.

This is another example of children taking over a business and living off the rep their parents laid down before them. I will say with 100% certainty that if they continue to treat their customers like they’ll always have them… they are gonna start losing them and eventually shut their doors down. Cause at the end of the day, WE are how they stay in business… sometimes “frustration” gets in the way of that but…. They need to start paying attention…

Avery is nothing compared to his predecessor. Mitch may be a little grumpy or short at times but always takes care of his customer. I’ve gotten short (rude) replies from Avery almost everytime since he took over.

This is another example of children taking over a business and living off the rep their parents laid down before them. I will say with 100% certainty that if they continue to treat their customers like they’ll always have them… they are gonna start losing them and eventually shut their doors down. Cause at the end of the day, WE are how they stay in business… sometimes “frustration” gets in the way of that but…. They need to start paying attention…

With Salty customer service.. at their Premium prices.
They better watch out..

Not many companies (Big or small) will last Very long with a reputation like that.

With Salty customer service.. at their Premium prices.
They better watch out..

Not many companies (Big or small) will last Very long with a reputation like that.
100%!!

With choices like jbi, scorched and vitavon available… they don’t even have the corner on the market anymore…

I’ve stepped away from rc at the moment but if I was chassis shopping I’d go with vitavon!

100%!!

With choices like jbi, scorched and vitavon available… they don’t even have the corner on the market anymore…

I’ve stepped away from rc at the moment but if I was chassis shopping I’d go with vitavon!
JBI and Scorched are really nice stuff, and it is really cool to have all that titanium. I try my best to buy American whenever possible since I work in an American manufacturing facility. I’ve had to go Vitavon on a few of my rigs because nobody else makes aluminum parts for them, and I have to admit, they’re beautiful parts. I have a bunch of cool stuff coming for my USA-1 (ironically) from china as we speak lol.
But back to the subject at hand, I had a 24mm hex adapter on Big Chungus that I didn’t over torque, the threads were very clean, and the nut seized onto the adapter. This isn’t uncommon, either the threads were cut too deep, or the pitch was slightly off, but it seized halfway off the adapter. Spun freely for about 1/32, then no bueno. Messaged them, got a reply that it was my fault and the threads must have been dirty. Had to purchase a new one, at half cost mind you, but you’d think with the pics of it, showing that it was spotless, and not even tightened down, a machine shop would see that the issue wasn’t me. Nope. So I replied with what I thought the issue was, and got a smart-butt reply.

Fast forward a few weeks and Kevin Talbot had the exact part seize albeit in a different way. SMH. I do still love their products though.

Last edited:
Wait ?? VITAVON makes chassis ?
Yessir!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2855312039...SgpnzFsTL6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
JBI and Scorched are really nice stuff, and it is really cool to have all that titanium. I try my best to buy American whenever possible since I work in an American manufacturing facility. I’ve had to go Vitavon on a few of my rigs because nobody else makes aluminum parts for them, and I have to admit, they’re beautiful parts. I have a bunch of cool stuff coming for my USA-1 (ironically) from china as we speak lol.
But back to the subject at hand, I had a 24mm hex adapter on Big Chungus that I didn’t over torque, the threads were very clean, and the nut seized onto the adapter. This isn’t uncommon, either the threads were cut too deep, or the pitch was slightly off, but it seized halfway off the adapter. Spun freely for about 1/32, then no bueno. Messaged them, got a reply that it was my fault and the threads must have been dirty. Had to purchase a new one, at half cost mind you, but you’d think with the pics of it, showing that it was spotless, and not even tightened down, a machine shop would see that the issue wasn’t me. Nope. So I replied with what I thought the issue was, and got a smart-butt reply.

Fast forward a few weeks and Kevin Talbot had the exact part seize albeit in a different way. SMH. I do still love their products though.
totally understand supporting American made. But yea, the attitude has me shopping elsewhere.

I offered to do some video reviews of their products that had just released and I pretty much got laughed at. Said they had plenty of “YouTube influence for awareness spreading” 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I bought a mojave chassis from m2c recently i got to the very end and found one of the holes that fasten the skirt moulding (that hold the step rails) was milled incorrectly. i emailed pics and got a response to send it back for a refund. I than called the phone number on their website. I explained to the guy that I just want what i paid for. What am i supposed to do? Just tear it back down and re install it on the factory chassis? It was at this point when this guy avery looper completely came unhinged and suggested i take the chassis and stick it up my a** Wow Ive been a long time customer and spent tons of money with them over the years. I can only access from all this that the old guy has stepped aside and turned the business over to a guy who needs therapy at the least or maybe some big mean guy to straighten him out...which is exactly what will happen if i would ever get the chance to be face to face with this creep. i attached a couple pics Im fully aware that one screw missing from the skirt moulding wont in any way effect the functionality of the chassis,but thats really not the point...for what they charge it should be 100 percent just to be fully transparent. i did get an email saying i will be getting a refund but theyve decided they wont do business with me anymore...which also illustrates a childish mentality...i.e. youve hurt my feelings so i wont play with you anymore...ill be using the refund money to buy a scorched chassis, I honestly think scorched makes better parts anyway.

View attachment 336549

View attachment 336550
About 3 years ago I had a similar problem with Mitch. Total A$$Hole. Needless to say, my money went to JBI!

Just looked at their website, it’s obvious they’re trying to be a one stop shop but don’t have the capability and experience. Best of luck to them on what seems to be a difficult transition.

I guess I’ve been living in a cave. This is surprising to me, and I had no idea they had this kind of history of salty service. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve only bought some odds and ends from them, maybe a total of three purchases in a few years, but I’ll be rethinking my patronage after hearing all of this.
Any business who insults their customers and/or refuses to accept responsibility for manufacturing defects has forgotten who keeps them in business.

I guess I’ve been living in a cave. This is surprising to me, and I had no idea they had this kind of history of salty service. Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve only bought some odds and ends from them, maybe a total of three purchases in a few years, but I’ll be rethinking my patronage after hearing all of this.[ICODE][/ICODE]
Any business who insults their customers and/or refuses to accept responsibility for manufacturing defects has forgotten who keeps them in business.

To be honest..
I might have been in that same cave with ya.

Because I had "fairy dreams" of emulating them...
Of their manufacturing prowess ,their numerous "quality" products ,and by extension their "customer support"...

I had NO Clue that was their SOP and is how they spoke and/or treated their loyal customer base...
Ouch!
😱

I'll make sure if I ever launch my little shop to Not follow in their footsteps.

I ordered some exb outdrives (to the uk). They listed/labeled the value of said parts at $192! This meant I incurred customs charges of £52 ($60 ish) on $50 worth of parts. Anything under £135 = no customs charges here in UK. I emailed and was basically told "suck it up buttercup". No apology, nothing. No more money from me Mr m2c.
That stinks! Sounds to me like they were insuring their time/aggrevation for loss or damage, at your expense! Not cool.
I haven't bought anything from them, but honestly, just the disposition and tone of the guy (Avery) in a YT video is a turnoff to me. I understand that these are custom parts, and if I were buying prototypes or blemishes, I could accept less than perfect. For top dollar CNC machined parts? Nah..combine that with bad service..👎
To be honest..
I might have been in that same cave with ya.

Because I had "fairy dreams" of emulating them...
Of their manufacturing prowess ,their numerous "quality" products ,and by extension their "customer support"...

I had NO Clue that was their SOP and is how they spoke and/or treated their loyal customer base...
Ouch!
😱

I'll make sure if I ever launch my little shop to Not follow in their footsteps.
You have already demonstrated a higher standard many times over here on AF, IMO. I would not hesitate to do business with you Sir.👍😎

Last edited:
To be fair I've made many purchases from M2C over the years and have only ever had 1 issue with their products. But whoever I was emailing with it was like talking to a 4 year old.

That is exactly what happened to T-Bone Racing, The children drove it into the ground. Very poor cust service. And they would always fail to include many hardware parts as well. When you called after numerous attempts for days and weeks with no reply, finally getting the Son,, he had like a 100 questions trying to figure out what screws go with what you bought. He had no clue at all about the products or even RC stuff in general (sold mostly bumper kits,) his dad was making. Then if you were lucky, you received the wrong screws like a month later. T-Bone went under as a result IMHO. Probably poorly managed for the most part. I was never able to speak to the Father/owner when I asked, figured his answers were better. Aways told he is busy doing the production part of the business. Missing hardware and no instructions were their big downfall. And I bought so many of their bumpers for all my RC's, back when. T-Bone prices were always too high IMHO, but they were the only game in town for Upgrade basher bumpers at the time.

Last edited:

This is basically what happen to me with the m2c XRT bellcrank. I watched video after video of the "testers" having no problems with it and I bought it as soon as it was released. Soon as I tried to install it I ran into a problem with the poopy 3d printed part of the item and it broke before I even got it fully installed. I couldn't believe none of the testers had the same issues as me, I didn't do anything weird to the part. I had bought 3 of them at the same time too since we had 3 XRTS.

I emailed them, I wasn't even accusing them! I didn't even ask them to replace the part though I did kind of want them to offer to do it. I basically sent an email explaining exactly what happened, showed pics and it was more of a warning email. Like "hey this happened to me and you guys might want to take a look at it because something is not right".

I'm not sure which one replied to my email but long story short I basically got a poopy "wow" response and no help or anything. I think maybe 2 months later they revised the part and changed from the poopy plastic to the metal in the same location I had the problem. I 100% believe I was the first person to even contact them about it and I literally got zero help and basically no real email replies. A month later I saw a yt video of someone complaining about the same thing and m2c actually replaced the part for him. You can't believe how salty I was lol.

I ended up taking an L on all 3 bellcranks and bought 3 vitavon ones instead. Basically 150$ down the m2c drain and I've never forgotten it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back