New aluminum ARRMA diff case!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it seem like it needs the second shim behind each planetary?
You mean the sun gear? The planetary gears are the small ones and the sun gear is the one attached to the diff outdrive cups.

planetaire-tandwielkast-principe.gif

You mean the sun gear? The planetary gears are the small ones and the sun gear is the one attached to the diff outdrive cups.

View attachment 42137
Yeah I do. When I call it a sun gear I get "It's a planetary and the little ones are satellite gears." and when I call it a planetary I get people posting pics. :LOL:

Bookmarked. The steel part on the end is nice. Not sure if hot racing is aluminum or steel where the shaft comes out, but I've had all aluminum ones in the past and they egg out pretty early on, and that was with nitro spinning them. Have to imagine they don't have a very long life with 6S pushing them.

Just put one together today. Looks like a nice piece so far.

I first assembled it how the instructions show, two shims behind the sun gears, and it looks like nothing behind the planetary gears. It felt way too loose and I think the shaft for the planetary gears were touching the sun gear. So I shimmed the planetary gears based on feel and ended up with 2 shims behind each of the planets and still 2 behind the sun gears.

Filled it with my blend of herbs and spices and it felt good. Seems like a pretty good upgrade for a center diff so a rock doesn't easily eat through it.

Just put one together today. Looks like a nice piece so far.

I first assembled it how the instructions show, two shims behind the sun gears, and it looks like nothing behind the planetary gears. It felt way too loose and I think the shaft for the planetary gears were touching the sun gear. So I shimmed the planetary gears based on feel and ended up with 2 shims behind each of the planets and still 2 behind the sun gears.

Filled it with my blend of herbs and spices and it felt good. Seems like a pretty good upgrade for a center diff so a rock doesn't easily eat through it.
So you have 4 shims per shaft? 0.2 or stock shims?
Mine doesn't get here 'til Fri.

4 stock shims per shaft is what I ended up with.

I quickly slammed one together so I could get out with my Typhon. I'll document the others.
My beautiful artwork to eliminate confusion of Sun, Planetary, and Satellite.

4 stock shims per shaft is what I ended up with.

I quickly slammed one together so I could get out with my Typhon. I'll document the others.
My beautiful artwork to eliminate confusion of Sun, Planetary, and Satellite.
View attachment 42309
It does say 2 shim behind each "planetary" gear so 4 per shaft, the image shows 4 total, but the wording indicates 4 per shaft? But did you have to fit any behind the large gears inside the cup?

I figured a picture should help with all the parts I used. I laid everything out before assembling this one.

This second one feels a tad tighter than the one I assembled last night. I may just run it since its all new parts and it may loosen up once it gets run time in. The left satelite/planetary/spider/idler/whatever name we decided to give the gear got the same shims as the other 3, I had to open a new package after I realized they were different.

I figured a picture should help with all the parts I used. I laid everything out before assembling this one. View attachment 42360
This second one feels a tad tighter than the one I assembled last night. I may just run it since its all new parts and it may loosen up once it gets run time in. The left satelite/planetary/spider/idler/whatever name we decided to give the gear got the same shims as the other 3, I had to open a new package after I realized they were different.

I ended up rebuilding again and like you I used the supplied shims behind the two large gears but only used one shim behind the four small gears as per the plastic case. Used 2 packs Bashing yesterday evening and everything was fine and most importantly no leaks, so well pleased. Thanks to all the members for sharing their info, as a newbie it helped me out a lot.

New guy here so what do the part replace center diff or f/r diff

I put mine to work in the center first. Got 2 more for front/rear built with 100000 when I need them. I used mugen shims. Don't like the flimsy factory ones. 1 ea for sun gears(4) 2 each for planetary (outdrive dog bone cup gears with pins and little orange o ring, gear). 2 mugens on sun gears was too tight. Filled with 500000 and it is sweet! 5 packs in and I like it! (Bashing Kraton)

I put mine to work in the center first. Got 2 more for front/rear built with 100000 when I need them. I used mugen shims. Don't like the flimsy factory ones. 1 ea for sun gears(4) 2 each for planetary (outdrive dog bone cup gears with pins and little orange o ring, gear). 2 mugens on sun gears was too tight. Filled with 500000 and it is sweet! 5 packs in and I like it! (Bashing Kraton)

Have you got a like to the Mugen shims?

So in total 2 on each planetary (4 total)
1 on each sun gear (4 total)
Overall 8 used per diff?

Is that right?

Have you got a like to the Mugen shims?

So in total 2 on each planetary (4 total)
1 on each sun gear (4 total)
Overall 8 used per diff?

Is that right?
Yes, that's it. I would dry fit and see also... MUGEN SEIKI E0206 Differential washer sethttp://www.activepowersports.com/mugen-seiki-diff-washer-set-x7-e0206/?gclid=CjwKCAjw36DpBRAYEiwAmVVDMG0cCkRT3ttApzYuhiVciuY0aTGCGHr9jE_AFebI9cLQUOMK5dkq5RoCqG0QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Arrma have now added this extra picture on that link I posted earlier...

View attachment 42108
Awww... MAN! I did not put those in there! Mine felt ok though as I put in new mugen shims, one uder each spider and one big one under each planetary.

My issue was that I could not fit a shim in on the ring side bearing. There is no room whatsoever to put one in. I destroyed 2 or 3 before I finally gave up. This was on a v2 outcast rear diff and using a diff I got off ebay as my ring/pinion got cooked when my ring side bearing grenaded.

These seem out of stock now. Anyone having issues? Did they just sell like hot cakes or was there QC issues and they pulled them? I need 3 of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back