New Castle 1/6 Mamba Monster X 8s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How? Rocks?
You got me. I was just jumping it in my yard. I actually busted both that I ordered.

20200803_201634.jpg
20200803_201640.jpg

I wanna hear your guys thoughts on the MMX 8s? I took a healthy break from the hobby just about when this thread was created. Curious if it’s worthy of replacing my venerable mamba monster 2.

I wanna hear your guys thoughts on the MMX 8s? I took a healthy break from the hobby just about when this thread was created. Curious if it’s worthy of replacing my venerable mamba monster 2.

Thoughts on it are throughout this whole thread and many others. As far as your MM2, if it ain't broke......

Thoughts on it are throughout this whole thread and many others. As far as your MM2, if it ain't broke......
Just read through em all. I was only asking that for an overall consensus.. less “in the moment” stuff. I guess you’re right on the don’t fix it part. Imma let it ride till I get the smoke.

Just read through em all. I was only asking that for an overall consensus.. less “in the moment” stuff. I guess you’re right on the don’t fix it part. Imma let it ride till I get the smoke.
Might be a little early to tell. I really like mine in the k8s. its well over the 25lb rating at 30 with a 56112 780kv. Throws it around like a toy. Only time it gets hot is when the fan breaks. Its small enough to fit in the 6s rigs with not much of a weight penalty. I just hope it last.

Things that aren't great, the on/off switch, short wires, 6.5mm (not 8mm) bullets, and the fan. I also don't like the fact that in order to have all the program options you need a PC (apple don't work...) or a 50$ link thing to hook it to your phone. Your controller can program the very basics but if you want to change the bec from the default lazy 6v to snappy happy 8.4 you need a pc or phone thingy. And no, the program card doesn't have all the options either. Another thing is the price of the motors, yikes...I'm just running non censored alternatives...

So that's my thoughts on it, really nice, seems solid but I think most of us are only a few packs into this thing.

Might be a little early to tell. I really like mine in the k8s. its well over the 25lb rating at 30 with a 56112 780kv. Throws it around like a toy. Only time it gets hot is when the fan breaks. Its small enough to fit in the 6s rigs with not much of a weight penalty. I just hope it last.

Things that aren't great, the on/off switch, short wires, 6.5mm (not 8mm) bullets, and the fan. I also don't like the fact that in order to have all the program options you need a PC (apple don't work...) or a 50$ link thing to hook it to your phone. Your controller can program the very basics but if you want to change the bec from the default lazy 6v to snappy happy 8.4 you need a pc or phone thingy. And no, the program card doesn't have all the options either. Another thing is the price of the motors, yikes...I'm just running non censored alternatives...

So that's my thoughts on it, really nice, seems solid but I think most of us are only a few packs into this thing.
Lmao! As a long time castle enthusiast, this is kinda funny. Mamba monsters were always having switches go bad... guess that hasn’t changed. Hopefully that means they escs will still be ultra reliable and on the road 10 years from now like the old mamba monsters? The computer thing has always been a hot topic that I never understood. Castle link is one of the finest and definitely the best programming system in the business, ever since it came out so many years ago. I guess for people without computers it kind of sucks but let’s be real, everyone has a computer it’s 2020. Shame to see they’re charging $50 for castle link instead of the old $20 though? Never knew. Are the 6.5 bullets getting hot for your liking?

Also by the way, thank YOU for the reply, very educational and I seriously appreciate your take on it!

So you ask for thoughts, the posts sits there for 24hours I give you mine and you bust my stones. If you knew it all already why ask? And I do have a computer and its an Apple and yes its 20freakin20 so lets be apple compatible...how flippin hard is it. Pay a hs kid a few bucks to make a program for goodness sake.

So you ask for thoughts, the posts sits there for 24hours I give you mine and you bust my stones. If you knew it all already why ask? And I do have a computer and its an Apple and yes its 20freakin20 so lets be apple compatible...how flippin hard is it. Pay a hs kid a few bucks to make a program for goodness sake.
Guess u took my final paragraph as sarcasm lol? All I did was say I found it funny that castle still had switch issues (which i still find funny). Then I said how I hope they’ll be as good as the old escs- then I explained my standpoint on the castle link topic, then I asked about the 6.5 bullets, and then i thanked you for replying with your honesty ??‍♂️

Sheesh man, didn’t mean to offend you maybe you misread my reply??

Guess u took my final paragraph as sarcasm lol? All I did was say I found it funny that castle still had switch issues (which i still find funny). Then I said how I hope they’ll be as good as the old escs- then I explained my standpoint on the castle link topic, then I asked about the 6.5 bullets, and then i thanked you for replying with your honesty ??‍♂️

Sheesh man, didn’t mean to offend you maybe you misread my reply??
I think my switch issue was tied to a bad fan possibly? I replaced the fan today and the switch is working again. Either that or it got a drop of water in there that dried out. I did hit a puddle in that last run. Not anything crazy like it was submerged or anything.

I think my switch issue was tied to a bad fan possibly? I replaced the fan today and the switch is working again. Either that or it got a drop of water in there that dried out. I did hit a puddle in that last run. Not anything crazy like it was submerged or anything.
Hah yeah man takes me back to old times. You run an old monster in the morning dew and it’d kill the switch ? I felt bad for people in Florida with moist air, I bet the switch dies just sitting in their basement. But at least yours fixed itself... interesting how replacing the fan fixed it though ? either that’s one major coincidence or the switch is wired into the fan circuit maybe

I'm almost certain it's the water then, this always happens to me when I'm running in the snow/water. It works again once dry, usually I have problems turning my car off though ?

I'm almost certain it's the water then, this always happens to me when I'm running in the snow/water. It works again once dry, usually I have problems turning my car off though ?
Most likely is the water bro, moisture is what did it to all the old ones. They got it right with the MMX switch being rubber I hear but to be fair I’ve never owned one so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm waiting for the Castle MMX8S XFE to be released. The XFE otherwise know as the eXtreme Fan Edition will feature a fan guaranteed to last TWO full batteries. Pre-order now!

All jokes aside, the fans that come with this $200 ESC are an embarrassment. I run it three times and I've broken the fan twice. The first time a blade cracked and got bent up. That prevented the fan from spinning. I removed that blade and when running it again today the same thing happened to another blade. I've removed that one but I'm not holding out hope. I did try 2 different WTF fans and both of those lost blades. @robert@castle Is there a fix for this? How can I go about claiming warranty for a fan? This is really unacceptable.

20200805_175725.jpg
20200805_175731.jpg
20200805_175758.jpg

All jokes aside, the fans that come with this $200 ESC are an embarrassment. I run it three times and I've broken the fan twice. The first time a blade cracked and got bent up. That prevented the fan from spinning. I removed that blade and when running it again today the same thing happened to another blade. I've removed that one but I'm not holding out hope. I did try 2 different WTF fans and both of those lost blades. @robert@castle Is there a fix for this? How can I go about claiming warranty for a fan? This is really unacceptable.

View attachment 93074View attachment 93075View attachment 93076

did you put a spacer/washer between the fan and the fan cover?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back