Granite Prices going way up according to LhS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am willing to bet this price hike is typical to horizon... big price hike to soften the blow of the new overpriced 4s line.

Also, the erevo 2.0, I was watching a fairly new video comparing it to Arrma, they said $499 but its $649 when I searched it! I want the big one for my son for Christmas and it's already up $100 too like you said since I started looking at it a few weeks ago. Probably be on sale for $2,000 for Christmas lol. We LOVE our Granite(wide) and Typhon(truggified) 3S so much now we really don't need anything new yet.
Wow, I didn’t see that. Percentage wise that’s quite a price hike going up $150 on a $500 rig compared to $100 on a $900 rig. Would have been nice in my opinion …..which counts for not much of anything…….on their big rig if they would’ve done a $15 improvement on their speed control to warrant The price increase and introduced it as new and improved……..But, they didn’t ask me……so…….dunno if I am going to get one

@Steve38, yep, we have noticed here as well

I blame the lying politicians!!!!
Red blue purple, I don't care what color. They only do what makes thier own accounts increase!! They don't give a rats ass about anyone else as long as they can benefit!!
You don't see any of them complaining about thier mansions, luxuries, well stocked kitchens??
Funny that none of them are middle class or lower!!!! They don't care about inflation because it does not affect them one bit!!
And the worse is yet to come!!!....

I blame the lying politicians!!!!
Red blue purple, I don't care what color. They only do what makes thier own accounts increase!! They don't give a rats ass about anyone else as long as they can benefit!!
You don't see any of them complaining about thier mansions, luxuries, well stocked kitchens??
Funny that none of them are middle class or lower!!!! They don't care about inflation because it does not affect them one bit!!
And the worse is yet to come!!!....
Okay I'll bite - what are some examples of legislation you would propose in order to control inflation?

StephenSchandelmayer I think the names for your hot sauces are awesome!! Have to get some.​

As for the price hikes, one of our LHS said he got a letter from Horizon about that. He ordered a ton of Arrma stock so he can keep the prices down
for awhile anyway. So if I'm understanding the 3S line will be priced like the new Vorteks, $ 369 instead of $319?
I'll be buying another Senton and probably a Limitless soon than.

My lhs social media had last day to buy before price increase post yesterday, it’s coming. We’ll find out how much soon enough.

I’ve said this many times. It works local and out of town in mom and pop hobby stores. Have cash and ask if the price can be a little better. Every non cash sale cost extra and they might pass some savings on. Works on high end bicycle purchases as well. If they don’t bite put it on a card...

If the worst thing happening right now is me paying a little more for this hobby, I’m fine with it.

Heading to my local hobby shop here in Georgia in just a few minutes. Have to get paint to finish my AMG GT3 kyosho kit! I’ll ask ‘old man Dave’ and see if he has any insight. Guy has been in the hobby for literally almost 50 years. I agree though, $369 for 3s, 469 for 4s seems more likely to happen.
Dude. I got a kyosho fazer gt3. It's awesome. That kit comes with some extras that make it possible to drop in a brushless and go fast! Awesome kit, great looking body.

Big rock and typhon are now $369.99, granite and Senton still listed as $319.99. Don’t know how they justify $10 less than vorteks when at least vorteks has dx3 and avc.

Big rock and typhon are now $369.99, granite and Senton still listed as $319.99. Don’t know how they justify $10 less than vorteks when at least vorteks has dx3 and avc.
Wow you weren’t kidding. All three Typhons increased along with the big rock.

6S $550
3S $370
Mega $270

6S $550
3S $370
Mega $270
$550 (~£400) was how much the Typhon 6S was BEFORE Europe's price hikes. In the UK it's currently $695 (£500) and has been so for months!

Same story for the rest of the Arrma cars, and is a big factor as to why I haven't bought any since 🤯🤬

6S $550
3S $370
Mega $270
Just noticed this when I opened a Horizon email from this morning. Getting pricey.

On the plus side, this probably means the 4S are right around the corner at about $470.

I was in Global Finance for over 20 years (before I got run over by a gravel truck I had 4 shops in San Diego building extreme off road rigs & street & dirt bikes). When I opened my first shop Prime Rates, the cost for banks to loan you money was over 20%. With perfect credit I could finance my inventory & building for about 23-24%. All of this had to be passed on to customers. For the last 10 years we’ve had historic low rates of around 2% Prime In the USA. With all of the Trillions of $$ our government is giving away, the people who are working have to pay for it and interest rates go through the roof! On top of transportation costs going through the roof, financing products such as HH must do to build these great machines will go way up, just because our government is adding a huge cost to doing business as right now you can finance under 5%. COVID has severely hurt the global economy. So if you see these huge government give-always continue, remember someone has to pay for it! Businesses across the board will have to implement sizable price increases just to stay in business. The cost of raw product (Plastic, Nylon) Steel etc.) just to build products or create foods are already up 5% to 17% so far this year… I hope this is not too BOORING!!! Buy what you can afford now, prices WILL be going up!

Arrna cars are still great value ... dirt cheap you could say. Try financing a house. Average house price in my country is around 3/4 of a million dollars.

I was in Global Finance for over 20 years (before I got run over by a gravel truck I had 4 shops in San Diego building extreme off road rigs & street & dirt bikes). When I opened my first shop Prime Rates, the cost for banks to loan you money was over 20%. With perfect credit I could finance my inventory & building for about 23-24%. All of this had to be passed on to customers. For the last 10 years we’ve had historic low rates of around 2% Prime In the USA. With all of the Trillions of $$ our government is giving away, the people who are working have to pay for it and interest rates go through the roof! On top of transportation costs going through the roof, financing products such as HH must do to build these great machines will go way up, just because our government is adding a huge cost to doing business as right now you can finance under 5%. COVID has severely hurt the global economy. So if you see these huge government give-always continue, remember someone has to pay for it! Businesses across the board will have to implement sizable price increases just to stay in business. The cost of raw product (Plastic, Nylon) Steel etc.) just to build products or create foods are already up 5% to 17% so far this year… I hope this is not too BOORING!!! Buy what you can afford now, prices WILL be going up!
Add to that supply and demand effects and you can easily see why the market is inflating like a beach ball on a hot beach in Mexico.

I’ve said this many times. It works local and out of town in mom and pop hobby stores. Have cash and ask if the price can be a little better. Every non cash sale cost extra and they might pass some savings on. Works on high end bicycle purchases as well. If they don’t bite put it on a card...

If the worst thing happening right now is me paying a little more for this hobby, I’m fine with it.
As an Armorer, I’ve been active in the gun market since I apprenticed as a gunsmith during college to make some $$$ and have continued as a hobby. It is not uncommon to pay an additional 3-5% to use a credit card for gun purchases. It’s most often listed with a *discount* for cash. Now that Pay Pal has refused to transfer any money for gun purchases, wire transfer & credit card are some of the very few choices left. I hope we don’t see this craziness in the RC World…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back