Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I did have a look but it's been discontinued and not available anywhere.
I've been looking around and not really seeing a whole lot matching my preferences... high watts, 4 channels, and bullet connector for charging leads.
Do see a lot of folks on here liking HOTA D6, but that's only two channels, and doesn't provide any charging leads with the charger... 200W is good, but the HOTA S6 is probably slightly better at 400W but again no charging leads...
Also looked at gens-ace-r-spam D300 similar setup to the HOTA but at300W and comes with some charging connector options (I've got a mash up of different connections and rigs and don't want to futz with making them all one connector).

Guess there aren't any decent 4 channel chargers anymore?

Thanks! Yeah I use SMC batteries and saw the charger there and in other posts on here... How have they held up and any issues with them? know anyone who got the S6?
I'm not sure why you would let charging leads stop you from one of the best chargers. We're talking about adapters that cost like 3$. Hell, you can even get leads included with your order if you order from SMC.

I don't think you're going to find any good 4 chan chargers. I remember I went through this when I first got into the hobby and I ended up settling for the 2x hota d6+ (discont) chargers for those rare moments I needed to charge 4 lipo. Ends up being much faster than 1x 4x chan charger too.

I think your only options is stuff like this

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...v-lipo-ac-dc-battery-charger-ptk-8517/p488513

You could use one hota s6 to charge 4 lipo faster than that 4 chan would charge all 4 at once.
Man I just found this!

Thanks! Yeah I use SMC batteries and saw the charger there and in other posts on here... How have they held up and any issues with them? know anyone who got the S6?

https://oscarliang.com/hota-s6/

How did I not see this before?!?!?! omg it sounds amazing!! @firehawk_77 this is literally what you want if you can get a good power supply
https://newbeedrone.com/products/hota-f6-250w-15a-1-6s-quad-channel-dc-smart-charger

Last edited:
but again no charging leads...
SMC literally has every charge lead option listed on that page, just order what you need. Ask if you are not sure which ones to get, else you end up with anything less than optimal for a lot more money. It's your money though, have at it.

From the page:

HOTA S6 Dual Channel Charger - 2 x 200W AC , 2 x 325W DC​

This charger comes with 2 balance boards 2 charging cables with the connector of your choice​

I'm not sure why you would let charging leads stop you from one of the best chargers. We're talking about adapters that cost like 3$. Hell, you can even get leads included with your order if you order from SMC.

I don't think you're going to find any good 4 chan chargers. I remember I went through this when I first got into the hobby and I ended up settling for the 2x hota d6+ (discont) chargers for those rare moments I needed to charge 4 lipo. Ends up being much faster than 1x 4x chan charger too.

I think your only options is stuff like this

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...v-lipo-ac-dc-battery-charger-ptk-8517/p488513

You could use one hota s6 to charge 4 lipo faster than that 4 chan would charge all 4 at once.
Man I just found this!

https://oscarliang.com/hota-s6/

How did I not see this before?!?!?! omg it sounds amazing!! @firehawk_77 this is literally what you want if you can get a good power supply
https://newbeedrone.com/products/hota-f6-250w-15a-1-6s-quad-channel-dc-smart-charger
A happy S6 owner here. I admit it has way more power than I need atm but, you never know what ya might be using for batteries down the road🤷‍♂️
I did look at the F6 too, but between overkill for me, the cost of a suitable power supply and bench space needed for it all..that brought me back to the S6..
Interesting thing I've been seeing.. the Spektrum S2100 finishes my packs faster than the Hota S6 with all settings being the same. I have done nothing scientific to try and find out why since I'm not concerned but, it is interesting to me.
IDK what the balance output is on the S2100, I do know the S6 is 1.5a..
Ease of use definitely goes to the Hota for me.
Also, the internet seems to be loaded with inquiries about why my Spektrum (ISDT) charger doesn't work..meanwhile my 12-13 year old Hota AC6 is still happily charging away..😉😎🍻

Thanks Everyone... my comparison comments were made against the HOTA offerings on Amazon, not on SMC which I totally missed the cable choices.
Thanks @Moriare for the info and more options with the F6... I've got more to think about now!

One last thing still intrigued with this charger...

gensacearespammers IMARS D300 G-Tech Series Smart Charger Lipo Battery Charger,16A AC 300W DC 350W *2 Dual Lipo​

Amazon has it with with a $50 off coupon so it makes it an even better option, possibly.
Anyone have experience with it, good or bad?

IMARS D300 is a good option. It only has 1 display from what I understand and I personally dislike too many button to fiddle around with.
I believe it's a Hota re-badge but not sure.
According to Gens, it's designed and produced by "Grepow" which I guess is an affiliate of Gens🤷‍♂️
Saw that in the comments for @razorrc Vid review of the charger. Sounds pretty sweet. Has smart tech for those who use it. I'm just too cheap/broke for that stuff..

According to Gens, it's designed and produced by "Grepow" which I guess is an affiliate of Gens🤷‍♂️
Saw that in the comments for @razorrc Vid review of the charger. Sounds pretty sweet. Has smart tech for those who use it. I'm just too cheap/broke for that stuff..
Thanks! I checked out the razor rc vid and noticed that he mentioned it didn’t have enough to charge a 6s? I’m sure I heard that wrong… but it looks like a decent option…. Decisions, decisions….

Thanks! I checked out the razor rc vid and noticed that he mentioned it didn’t have enough to charge a 6s? I’m sure I heard that wrong… but it looks like a decent option…. Decisions, decisions….
No, it will charge 6s @6A per channel approximately.. I just rewatched his vid. @1:03 he mentions it..
Some may find 6A unacceptable which I understand but plenty for me, heck I don't even own a 6s brick, LOL.

For the money, 2 of the Gens chargers would be pretty sweet. I know you were looking for 4 channel capable of 150w each.. I'm sure there's capable 4 channel out there too though..
Yeah, I'm leaning the way of the Gens for the price... I only need to have one... I had a think about the 4 channels and it's a nice to have but I can live with just two if that's what is available... I do like the S6 at SMC too, so still thinking and waiting for father's day to come... ;)

So I broke down and went with the Gens charger... the $50 off coupon on Amazon really made the deal for me... Not a four channel but it'll work! I appreciate all the input and just thought I'd share the direction I went this time... hopefully I won't have to revisit this any time soon!

So I broke down and went with the Gens charger... the $50 off coupon on Amazon really made the deal for me... Not a four channel but it'll work! I appreciate all the input and just thought I'd share the direction I went this time... hopefully I won't have to revisit this any time soon!
Fine choice, especially for the price..$80? Actually it's probably the best deal I've seen on a good charger with good specs like that. That's half the Hota S6 price!! Enjoy👍

I went with the Hota S6 myself. The Hota S6 is my first premium charger and as I sat there watching it work effortlessly, I wondered how I ever got along with my previous lipo charger, the Laegendary LGD240.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s worked great for the last 3 years I’ve had the LGD240, but it was slow to charge 2 3s 5000mah lipos, around an hour, and even longer for a single 4s 4500mah.

The S6 charged 2 5800mah 6s lipos in 44 minutes from storage charge. Color me impressed. When the budget allows, I’m going for a second S6 😅

The powerhobby was $120 in 2018. No problems with it, fans are noise.
The AD1 I paid $140 in 2020 it's touch screen fans are very quiet and also no problems. I had a dynamite dio before these t
20230629_092755.jpg
20230629_092703.jpg
wo I have now. The dynamite lasted 9 months and died. Ok for $70 will not buy again.
I hope this helps someone!!!

The powerhobby was $120 in 2018. No problems with it, fans are noise.
The AD1 I paid $140 in 2020 it's touch screen fans are very quiet and also no problems. I had a dynamite dio before these t
View attachment 308476View attachment 308477wo I have now. The dynamite lasted 9 months and died. Ok for $70 will not buy again.
I hope this helps someone!!!
Nice! I had a couple Duratrax onyx chargers that I thought were good. Turns out they weren't actually balancing my batteries, lost a couple packs before I realized it.
Now that I have the Hota S6 and Spektrum S2100, I have the ability to charge beyond 1C on pretty much any of my batteries, yet, I still don't because I want maximum life from my batteries. LOL
The benefit of a high(ish) powered charger for me is being able to actually push a 6s brick at 1C. My Duratrax chargers would take almost 2 hours to fully charge a 6s 5.0a pack due to lack of power.

Nice chargers! I almost bought the hotel. Dynamite and duratrax are cheaply mad. Not going to last long any charger under $90.
When I charge I usually charge 1 amp to .o7 amp less that suggests. Example 5200mAh, not 5.2 amps but 4.5 to 4.2 amps. Seems to help prevent puffing of the lipo.
Nice chargers! I almost bought the hotel. Dynamite and duratrax are cheaply mad. Not going to last long any charger under $90.
When I charge I usually charge 1 amp to .o7 amp less that suggests. Example 5200mAh, not 5.2 amps but 4.5 to 4.2 amps. Seems to help prevent puffing of the lipo
Nice! I had a couple Duratrax onyx chargers that I thought were good. Turns out they weren't actually balancing my batteries, lost a couple packs before I realized it.
Now that I have the Hota S6 and Spektrum S2100, I have the ability to charge beyond 1C on pretty much any of my batteries, yet, I still don't because I want maximum life from my batteries. LOL
The benefit of a high(ish) powered charger for me is being able to actually push a 6s brick at 1C. My Duratrax chargers would take almost 2 hours to fully charge a 6s 5.0a pack due to lack of power.

Last edited:
Back