The SERPENT 10th Pan Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bag 1

image5.jpeg

Bag 1-2

image4.jpeg

Bag 2

image3.jpeg

Bag 3

image2.jpeg

Bag 4
image1.jpeg

Bag 5

image0.jpeg

Comin along! Don't mind my old cut up table. You'd think someone was a RC'r and got happy with razor blades or something..

After many years away from this %^&*@#& hobby, a random ebay post of a Mugen MRX-4 came up. I was immediatly hooked at the ass on the thing.
The guy talked about how he bought it from a friend who had upgraded to the MRX5, but it was too much for him to understand and get running straight.
Took me a while to get use to the rear wheel drive. And even after getting better at it, I locked the front and then converted it to a castle 1717 system.
Most fun I had with an RC in a very long time. So naturally, I bought an MRX5 and did the same thing. Did 87mph with it which is alot for a 1/10 (they call it 1/8 on-road) car. I still have both of them and hundreds of replacement parts that were included in the original ebay purchase.
IMG-1623.PNG

Last edited:
After many years away from this %^&*@#& hobby, a random ebay post of a Mugen MRX-4 came up. I was immediatly hooked at the ass on the thing.
The guy talked about how he bought it from a friend who had upgraded to the MRX5, but it was too much for him to understand and get running straight.
Took me a while to get use to the rear wheel drive. And even after getting better at it, I locked the front and then converted it to a castle 1717 system.
Most fun I had with an RC in a very long time. So naturally, I bought an MRX5 and did the same thing. Did 87mph with it which is alot for a 1/10 (they call it 1/8 on-road) car. I still have both of them and hundreds of replacement parts that were included in the original ebay purchase.
View attachment 264377
That’s my fav! M brand! I wanted to do a 10th, never owned one.

Something I just found out on this car I’m building, it’s got a standard servo delete and a mini servo add on with aluminum brackets. I’m going that route, this thing feels like it’s going to weigh in less than 1.5 lbs built. Weight wise ratio this is probably going to come in somewhere around a 45 chassis build and a 55 motor/esc/servo/wires.

I bought a couple different gyro’s to play with till I get used to it, don’t want it biting any curbs when I pull my finger through the TX grip💪🏻😎

Got the motor/ESC and started to install. I have to look at it, think, come back and look at it again, think some more.... I hate wires as I've stated many times throughout my RC time. Trying to measure, hide, cut, make new plugs, my brain goes into overdrive, and I need to relax before cutting. Measure 5 times, cut once is the key.

I went with the 5800KV and a 33T pinion for now.

See the rat nest before I'm done with it. Looks like one of my frickin cats was up on my table pokin around, I see cat hair in these pics.. :mad: That rat bastid! Nothing a little compressed air can't take care of once completed.

IMG_2653 (1).jpg

IMG_2652.jpg

Final product before working on the lid..:cool:

Came out very nice. I wish the steering TB's had a bit harder anodize to them, even the new ones look stripped.

Rear to front:

Castle 10th 5800KV, Mamba X running Sensored
Rear track, straight as gotnitro
Front Futaba RX & (GYRO not hooked up yet) need to trim the wires but will do that later.
Savox MINI servo BEC @ 8V
Front track: -1.5-degree toe, -1-degree camber.

She weighs in at a whopping 769 grams or about 1.7lbs with a 1500MAH 3s batt.

She purrs, its soooo quiet! I forgot how quiet 64P is and almost perfectly balanced.

Already a little dusty, took it out in 30 degrees, didn't hook up lol..

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2660.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back