Using Castle Creations B-Link

Thread starter #1

GuyFromCanada

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
So I was super excited to find an iPhone 5S for $50 that I could use for the Castle Creations B-Link hardware...it works just fine, but the B-Link that I bought seems to lack documentation and information on how to make it work properly.

I can see the ESC just fine, and connect. However, after I connect it says to turn off the ESC and turn it back on. That's where I get stuck...how to turn off the ESC without turning off the B-Link? I must be missing something.

I'll try connecting with my USB link and see if things work there. I'm quite disappointed with the process so far.

Ideas? I did find @WoodiE brief discussion here:

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/castle-b-link-bluetooth-adapter.114634/

Thread starter #2

GuyFromCanada

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
I made some progress tonight, so I'm pretty happy about that. I connected the ESC to the USB link and successfully made some changes, downloaded the data log, etc. After that, I plugged the B-Link back in, and it magically started working. The App is quite good, has all the features of the PC based app, and only requires you to cycle the power on the ESC to send new settings.

Can't wait till they have it on Android!

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Senton, Typhon
That's great that you got it figured out. I have just always used the Castle Link and my laptop and haven't used any other method to change settings. I'm an Android guy as well and would have to wait for an Android app before I could use it.