What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front and rear exb arms these arms just suck split at the hinge pin every time got one set left then going to RPM and problem solved.
image.jpg

I finally broke a stock 6s wing mount after 2 years on my Kraton. Both left and right.
I guess I am a member of the club now???:)
Nothing a boiled and simmered RPM set cant handle.:p

View attachment 136376
I do it to all.my rpm now. Thanks for the heads up on it. Figured ide do it to help out. Thanks my friend+

Rock got into the spur on my Ecx Torment, made a nice groove in the pinion.
20210404_223116.jpg

Motor came loose and stripped the spur on my 2Pede, I also bent both rear shock shafts and broke the wheelie bar.

20210404_223656.jpg

HPI Vorza - 1 broken rod end.
Traxxas Monster Slash 4x4 - Finished off the rear a arm.
Arrma Always Broken 3s - yet another a arm.
20210404_164522.jpg

And I am pretty sure I stripped the rear diff in my EMB-T.

Rock got into the spur on my Ecx Torment, made a nice groove in the pinion.
View attachment 137303

Motor came loose and stripped the spur on my 2Pede, I also bent both rear shock shafts and broke the wheelie bar.

View attachment 137306

HPI Vorza - 1 broken rod end.
Traxxas Monster Slash 4x4 - Finished off the rear a arm.
Arrma Always Broken 3s - yet another a arm.
View attachment 137309

And I am pretty sure I stripped the rear diff in my EMB-T.
Dang bro you went as hard as I did today didn't you? Lol was it at least a good bash session at least??

Dang bro you went as hard as I did today didn't you? Lol was it at least a good bash session at least??
Oh yeah I was out for about 4 hours today.

Wicked weekend totals. No photos.
-Left rear arm on KEXB
-Motor pinion came loose on Notorious, but no damage
-T3/6S busted the front right hub when it careened into a curb on a 40 mph standing start attempt. Thanks @K-BASH
-T6S burnt two esc's. Castle MM2 and an only slightly used BLX 185.
-Tried running the Felony 107mm Hoons on the T6 and ended up upside down less than a quarter way into the run. Luckily no real damage except for a rash on the roof. Only good to come of this is I now have street tires for the KEXB and Notorious 6s. Will never run these on a speed runner again. Yes @The Donut Man, you were right.
-Attempted running the T3 w/Flysky GT5 in the same place as the T6 with Radiolink RC6GS V2. What a mistake that was. Just a few overhead wires on the side of a country road and this thing was completely unusable. Lost signal all the time but was lucky it was just dirt ditches to ride into.

The rc gods are separating THE TRUE RC HOBBIEST from THE FAT WALLET 6 MONTH RC PROS...which category will you fall in noto-J??????after the weekend you had could go either way🤷‍♂️..I was running about neck an neck till I read 2 esc burnt part.thats your 3rd one in about 3 months isn't it???keep your head up brother,you can't have reward without some loss.your next outing will be full of reward.if i was you I'd set car up just like you had it on last 112mph pb run.it was fast,apparently went strait an stayed grounded.was that pass before you installed new hi-speed diffs???????

The rc gods are separating THE TRUE RC HOBBIEST from THE FAT WALLET 6 MONTH RC PROS...which category will you fall in noto-J??????after the weekend you had could go either way🤷‍♂️..I was running about neck an neck till I read 2 esc burnt part.thats your 3rd one in about 3 months isn't it???keep your head up brother,you can't have reward without some loss.your next outing will be full of reward.if i was you I'd set car up just like you had it on last 112mph pb run.it was fast,apparently went strait an stayed grounded.was that pass before you installed new hi-speed diffs???????
It was the one before the dif change, and the reason was to find that little bit of extra speed. As far as the esc's are concerned, I'm definitely bummed that the Castle didn't hold up. I'm sending it back to Castle to see what they say. It never reached a speed higher than 97 mph, so I'm not sure what caused it to fail. It has only ran about 15 times in total between November and now. The BLX was just my stupidity. No way that esc could handle that gearing. The bigger Hoons played a huge roll in not being able to control it as well. Even with slow and steady pulls, the minute you started to give'r, she just went squirrelly. As far as the category I fall into, it's a bit of both. I'm learning a lot as time goes on, but I'm also taking unnecessary chances and risks that could be saving me a lot of money. Call me a FAT RC HOBBIEST.

It was the one before the dif change, and the reason was to find that little bit of extra speed. As far as the esc's are concerned, I'm definitely bummed that the Castle didn't hold up. I'm sending it back to Castle to see what they say. It never reached a speed higher than 97 mph, so I'm not sure what caused it to fail. It has only ran about 15 times in total between November and now. The BLX was just my stupidity. No way that esc could handle that gearing. The bigger Hoons played a huge roll in not being able to control it as well. Even with slow and steady pulls, the minute you started to give'r, she just went squirrelly. As far as the category I fall into, it's a bit of both. I'm learning a lot as time goes on, but I'm also taking unnecessary chances and risks that could be saving me a lot of money. Call me a FAT RC HOBBIEST.
I find myself doing the exact same thing.i have no patience.my stretched typhon does the same thing you are describing. Compared to my regular grps they're alot heavier,wider,$hitter compound that doesn't get as good traction as the smaller grps.ive tried gold an white.IMO GRP TYRES ARE ON TOP OF THE LIST.good thing we don't live closer to each other J,if you an I got together for a bash it would be one hell of a $hit-show. Couple old guys tearing up 1000$ rc cars thinking we know what we're doing.🤣😂

I find myself doing the exact same thing.i have no patience.my stretched typhon does the same thing you are describing. Compared to my regular grps they're alot heavier,wider,$hitter compound that doesn't get as good traction as the smaller grps.ive tried gold an white.IMO GRP TYRES ARE ON TOP OF THE LIST.good thing we don't live closer to each other J,if you an I got together for a bash it would be one hell of a $hit-show. Couple old guys tearing up 1000$ rc cars thinking we know what we're doing.🤣😂
We are the hobby store's wet dream.

Didn't break anything somehow, has anyone ever just lost complete control of rc at 96mph???radiolink receiver just stop working half way throu speedrun..all the feelings I had in the 3 seconds while I watched my brand-new 1000$++ stretched typhon veer off the road towards a pole.i think the first an last thought where (Im SO FN STUPID!!!!!LOL.
THEN I SWITCHED TO A DUMBORC AN AN DID ANOTHER RUN.CAR ENDED UP LOSSING SIGNAL AN HITTING CURB.ONLY BROKE 1 FRONT SHOCK!!!!! OH AN AFTER THAT CRASH THIS IS NOW HOW I CHARGE MY GNSS..😅🤣😂😜

20210405_160438.jpg

I had a receiver crap out on me, but I can post here since I must have 'broke' it with a coat of conformal coating. It was an older Spekky 4210 AVC receiver, which is a receiver that I like, so I was sad to see it go... And even sadder for the $80 replacement-equivalent from today's Spektrum lineup.

Instead of a photo, I figured y'all could just go look at any old receiver, and imagine if it stopped working... Shrug.

Didn't break anything somehow, has anyone ever just lost complete control of rc at 96mph???radiolink receiver just stop working half way throu speedrun..all the feelings I had in the 3 seconds while I watched my brand-new 1000$++ stretched typhon veer off the road towards a pole.i think the first an last thought where (Im SO FN STUPID!!!!!LOL.
THEN I SWITCHED TO A DUMBORC AN AN DID ANOTHER RUN.CAR ENDED UP LOSSING SIGNAL AN HITTING CURB.ONLY BROKE 1 FRONT SHOCK!!!!! OH AN AFTER THAT CRASH THIS IS NOW HOW I CHARGE MY GNSS..😅🤣😂😜

View attachment 137463
Yours landed wheels down. Here's mine when my FlySky lost signal last summer. Luckily, it was on the way out to my speed run start point
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF56QfaHU57/?igshid=od25f1enm4xi

Someone Key'd my car on the rear quarter panel. It's roughly 4 inches long.
Why are there so many assholes in the world..!!!
I feel your pain, I had a previous car key'd from headlight to tail light full length of the car 🤬😩..!!

Why are there so many assholes in the world..!!!
I feel your pain, I had a previous car key'd from headlight to tail light full length of the car 🤬😩..!!
I don't understand why someone would do that. I've had more urges to polish a car, rather then key it.

Back