What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't seem to keep this thing on there......
15531423820828655537444819629511.jpg

Diff and input gear are toast. Took my BRCC to the skate park yesterday. This was the result, lol.

View attachment 33340
I've seen a lot of posts on this topic. Is there a way to extend the life of these parts, or is it just better that these less expensive ones go first? Don't have my 1/10 yet, but good to know for the future.

I've seen a lot of posts on this topic. Is there a way to extend the life of these parts, or is it just better that these less expensive ones go first? Don't have my 1/10 yet, but good to know for the future.

This is only the second diff/input gear I've broken. I keep my slipper almost full tight. I don't like when it slips, lol. I have the running video up. I'm sure I did it on one of the big air jumps. Under normal operation and a properly set slipper, these diffs/input gears should last a long time.

I must not be bashing properly and I run fast, into and over things just cuz I can, but break only relatively minor things

This thread teaches me I might still be in the single A bashing league. You guys are playing in the majors here ??

I must not be bashing properly and I run fast, into and over things just cuz I can, but break only relatively minor things

This thread teaches me I might still be in the single A bashing league. You guys are playing in the majors here ??
Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it?

Stampede 4x4 vxl chassis - cracked in half. Held together only by my roll bar support.
Revo front right RPM arm - shattered my front right lower arm and bent my pushrod pretty good
Revo shock shafts - snapped a rear shaft and disintegrated the spring cup and dubro super duty ball end
Revo shock rebuild kit - tore up/lost bump stops
Traxxas VDK system - assuming I broke at least one disk

Also broke my antenna mast on my spektrum transmitter... I think I can fix that though.

On a positive note, the HW Max10 sct/3200kv system I put in the stampede did really well!
Haven't gotten around to fix the ERBE yet, waiting on TiNi shock shafts (probably have some... too lazy to dig, so ordered a pair). But I did tear the stampede down. It had about 3/8" of plastic on the side skirt still holding, but otherwise my roll bar braces were all that held the truck together for the last 15 minutes of my skate park thrashing.

2019-0317-Stampede-CrackedChassis-Bottom.jpg

2019-0321-Stampede-BrokenChassisDisassembled.jpg

YRAGXxC.jpg

:):):):):):):)

Haven't gotten around to fix the ERBE yet, waiting on TiNi shock shafts (probably have some... too lazy to dig, so ordered a pair). But I did tear the stampede down. It had about 3/8" of plastic on the side skirt still holding, but otherwise my roll bar braces were all that held the truck together for the last 15 minutes of my skate park thrashing.

JB Weld and some more sheet metal/rivets and that baby is good to go!

YRAGXxC.jpg

:):):):):):):)

Did Traxxas update the chassis or could that happen again?

Did Traxxas update the chassis or could that happen again?
It looked the same... I didn't pay a lot of attention. However, I may have made mine weaker as I got a bit exuberant with my dremel at grinding out the motor bay. However, after doing that... I'm not 100% sure I needed to because I had it geared with a smaller pinion with the 3800 which forced me to grind some of the chassis down so it would mesh right. The stock motor is a 3550, the castle was 3654 I believe and with zipties around it to hold the motor fan on, I couldn't lay it down far enough.

Oh well... was only $12 and an hour or so's worth of work. So...
cx8xisK.png

My pride. A little bit. Drove to my usual place, got the Kraton out (all nice and clean) and realized I left the body at home and the field had lots of standing water and long grass.
Yes. I ran it. And discovered hydroplaning is pretty cool.

9596AE16-F122-44FE-95F8-8593240EF76A.jpeg

Not broke... but bent the front shock tower by having a tree jump out from... behind a tree. :)
A few smacks with a hammer and precision adjustments with a couple adjustable wrenches put me back in shape (no pun intended).

This is only the second diff/input gear I've broken. I keep my slipper almost full tight. I don't like when it slips, lol. I have the running video up. I'm sure I did it on one of the big air jumps. Under normal operation and a properly set slipper, these diffs/input gears should last a long time.
Good to know, Ed, thanks!

My pride. A little bit. Drove to my usual place, got the Kraton out (all nice and clean) and realized I left the body at home and the field had lots of standing water and long grass.
Yes. I ran it. And discovered hydroplaning is pretty cool.

View attachment 33626
Do the Minnekowas work better mounted backwards? I've seen a few other sets of tires that do.

Back