What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope ya got that on video, love your speed run channel sir!!
The turkey was just a joke 🤣🤘🏻 It was on the road near my spot. I took a photo as I drove by.

Girlfriend wanted in on the action.. so she decided to nose dive and it was a clean break.

20211009_181500.jpg

Well, it's that time again where we crown the member who tried the hardest to empty their wallet. Was a pretty light month unless you ask @Greengaunja, @ABabyEater or @The_Otherside who had some misfortune that definitely hit home and their credit cards, but one person did the unthinkable. He broke M2C sh!t😮. That's right, he actually broke and M2C tower and bent other M2C parts. Talk about a bad landing. Thankfully he posted a video so we could see how it all went down. So if you haven't figured it out already, this month's award goes to @slick2500 👏👏.
I know that the others who tried this month are thinking "what about me?". I commend you all for giving it your best shot and hope that the cooler temps of October will shatter your plastic parts and make you a future champion, but after such a light month of entries, I felt I could only choose one. Congratulations Slick, assuming congratulations are any consolation for the money you'll need to fork out to repair the damage.
View attachment 171943
I will have the next one come hell or high water or a Leafs Cup win. Been brainstorming some REALLY stupid ideas with a friend. All I'm gonna say is we are going to reinvent the meaning of "to infinity and beyond". Im talking about some REAL "here, hold my beer and watch this" moments.

Looks like the rotor is still intact. Think you can get away with a new bearing?
Horizon sent a replacement motor but I will see if it is repairable.
The major problem is the bearings outer race is still stuck in the motor face plate. I would need to pull that out somehow. Any idea if the faceplate on these motors can be unscrewed?

Horizon sent a replacement motor but I will see if it is repairable.
The major problem is the bearings outer race is still stuck in the motor face plate. I would need to pull that out somehow. Any idea if the faceplate on these motors can be unscrewed?
It has to be removable. Is it a Spektrum or BLX motor?

It has to be removable. Is it a Spektrum or BLX motor?
Spektrum- SPMXSM2000
I tried installing two screws to the faceplate as leverage to unscrew the front but almost snapped the screws. Maybe I will try channel locks around the outside edge, but there isn't much to grab onto. I know that on a surplus hobby motor I have , the whole faceplate is threaded in but this Spektrum one won't budge.

Spektrum- SPMXSM2000
I tried installing two screws to the faceplate as leverage to unscrew the front but almost snapped the screws. Maybe I will try channel locks around the outside edge, but there isn't much to grab onto. I know that on a surplus hobby motor I have , the whole faceplate is threaded in but this Spektrum one won't budge.
I just tried removing one of my 3200 kv blx 3s motor and it's a not go. I think you would have to press it out from the top, but since your inner race on the bearing is all chewed up and still on the shaft of the rotor, that's pretty impossible. Maybe you can work out the rest of the bearing that's left inside the cap from the inside with picks of some kind. That motor has life in it if you can find a way to replace that bearing.

Back