What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, 1st session w/ brand new Banditos. I'll give my first impressions of the tires before the damage report. 1st thing I noticed is that 3 of the tires seemed out of round. Not the rims but the tires themselves right out of the bag 🤨😡 Didn't notice going thru the grass but when I got on the pavement the tires looked like they were gonna bounce off the street! Oh well, back to the grass. I might have the typhotank geared a little aggressively cuz the fronts ballooned quite a bit. Not great in grass, was kinda slipping/sliding all over. I did pull a half dozen double backflips before a really awkward front corner landing ended my fun. The ramp claims yet another pillow ball! & I bent the front left m2c axle too!
Before & after...

View attachment 228230

View attachment 228232

I bought those same wheel/tyres, mine are the Louise branded ones, I think mine are the same and slightly out of shape (the tyres not the wheels) other than that they seem ok for their cost 🤔

I bought those same wheel/tyres, mine are the Louise branded ones, I think mine are the same and slightly out of shape (the tyres not the wheels) other than that they seem ok for their cost 🤔
Yeah, I got em from amain for 54$/ set of 4. I'll probably just try to wrap them w/ kevlar string & see if that helps w/ the ballooning & shape. I just now hopped over to amain just now to see if they are still on sale (they are) & happened to check out their reviews. Not encouraging. Probably should've checked them BEFORE I bought them. Needless to say I don't think I'll buy any more of these tires

Screenshot_20220707-014109_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220707-014352_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same experience with them, wast of money and time. Nothing are balance with Louise tires and wheels 🤣

Murdered the bearing housing part.. you can see the bearing has a ton of movement throughout bearing housing.

View attachment 228349
Do you have a metal rear chassis brace on this rig or brace of any kind? That damage is a direct result of a really wobbly drive shaft. It happens in my speed Typhons front after almost every run. I switch the rear to an aftermarket 6mm one, and although not perfect, still 100% better than stock. The reason I asked about the brace is you can see the wear on it if the shaft is rubbing it constantly

Do you have a metal rear chassis brace on this rig or brace of any kind? That damage is a direct result of a really wobbly drive shaft. It happens in my speed Typhons front after almost every run. I switch the rear to an aftermarket 6mm one, and although not perfect, still 100% better than stock. The reason I asked about the brace is you can see the wear on it if the shaft is rubbing it constantly
The current setup removes the brace.. just a carbon fiber brace but I have thicken it up some last night.

20220407_213629.jpg

Oh yeah back again with my Typhon
It flip when doing 130 kmh and hit a big rock sideways, lucky that ESC and motor still working

Body is full of holes also, a busted rim too
DSC_3598.JPG

DSC_3602.JPG

DSC_3604.JPG

DSC_3605.JPG

So new motor mount, motor plate, 2x fans, fan grill, new rear wheel, fan mount, hinge pin, hinge pin holder is ordered now

My m2c chassis is still straight as a arrow 😂

Video of it comes later today 😂

Last edited:
Couldn't one-up my son's damage but here is my own submission.
Glue wore out on my Badlands, replaced with the Copperheads then landed straight on the wing. I think the Kraton actually drove better without the wing and slight bend in tower! 🤣
20220712_111039_HDR.jpg
20220712_111045_HDR.jpg
20220712_122510_HDR.jpg

After charging my brand new 6500mah 120c 3s batteries I decided to take em for a quick parking lot rip. The car & batteries ran beautifully- didn't break a thing (on them) Did however break something...busted open my big toe when the back tires decided to hook up while power sliding around where I was standing. Must've been that light on the front😂🤪🤕

20220712_222519.jpg

After charging my brand new 6500mah 120c 3s batteries I decided to take em for a quick parking lot rip. The car & batteries ran beautifully- didn't break a thing (on them) Did however break something...busted open my big toe when the back tires decided to hook up while power sliding around where I was standing. Must've been that light on the front😂🤪🤕

View attachment 229445
Bumbai pau😜

But seriously sorry to see. Glad it wasn't worse!

Bumbai pau😜

But seriously sorry to see. Glad it wasn't worse!
Yeah, it's throbbing pretty good now & it's gonna suck putting socks & shoes on tomorrow morning, but I was able to finish out my pack before I limped home! 1st time ever I've gone into limp mode before my car!!🤣🤣

Oh yeah back again with my Typhon
It flip when doing 130 kmh and hit a big rock sideways, lucky that ESC and motor still working

Body is full of holes also, a busted rim too
View attachment 228688
View attachment 228689
View attachment 228692
View attachment 228693
So new motor mount, motor plate, 2x fans, fan grill, new rear wheel, fan mount, hinge pin, hinge pin holder is ordered now

My m2c chassis is still straight as a arrow 😂

Video of it comes later today 😂
After flipping my stretched Typhon is up again running, did a short test this morning.
New fans is coming in the weekend
But new motor mount and 50mount
new Toyo Proxes back wheels, one was cracked in the rim, so it not great anymore
Stil need to get a new upper plastic parts for that Mamba Monster 8s ESC, i been glued and works again with a new fan.
New right rear hinge and hingepin to
Also trimmed the wing down and tighten the rear shocks up a little, it got to much downforce on that wing normally
Stil need a fan grill for 2 fans on my motor
Also ordered a clear body

But its really nice it's up again 🙂
DSC_3612.JPG

Back