What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happens soooo fast..I do the same thing on the regular basis brother.for you does it seem like when ya get 4,5+cars your more likely to push it to the limits,,if I got 4 cars running I'm a manic with them,if I got 2 running I'm puzzyfooting it...had esc go down today so I'm down to 3 running cars...about time for another shipment of bad escz to castle,,lol...I MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO RIP AT ALL TIMES,FOR MENTAL REASONS..😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆

Well I got the motor direction figured out, took it out to make sure everything was working properly. Everything seemed fine, just driving around in circles @ about 5-10 mph. Heard a nasty grinding noise, then nothing- gears obviously not touching any more. Not sure what happened, had the pinion threadlocked on there. Brand new motor, been powered on twice. Now what do I do? Will tp warranty this?

20220814_130044.jpg

20220814_141256.jpg

Well I got the motor direction figured out, took it out to make sure everything was working properly. Everything seemed fine, just driving around in circles @ about 5-10 mph. Heard a nasty grinding noise, then nothing- gears obviously not touching any more. Not sure what happened, had the pinion threadlocked on there. Brand new motor, been powered on twice. Now what do I do? Will tp warranty this?

View attachment 236160

View attachment 236161
Looks like the shaft got really hot.

Screenshot_20220815-032252_Samsung Internet.jpg

View attachment 236160

View attachment 236161
FUUUUUU,,where did you buy the motor from...hopefully tp USA...had same thing happen to a 4060....imo 4060 an up really need 8mm shafts...think ya had something wrong.that powerhobby gear looks rough
Think ya had mesh to loose by the looks of pinion an spur..binded an snapped shaft

FUUUUUU,,where did you buy the motor from...hopefully tp USA...had same thing happen to a 4060....imo 4060 an up really need 8mm shafts...think ya had something wrong.that powerhobby gear looks rough
Yeah, I bought it from tp directly. Think they'll warranty the motor? I made sure to triple check the gear mesh & everything seemed good. That pinion got chewed up after it broke off.

Yeah, I bought it from tp directly. Think they'll warranty the motor? I made sure to triple check the gear mesh & everything seemed good. That pinion got chewed up after it broke off.
Sign into your account like your gonna buy a motor then email them,only way I've found to get in contact with them

View attachment 236160

View attachment 236161
Hmmmmmm......join the TP club :unsure:, I dunno now!! 😂

It happens soooo fast..I do the same thing on the regular basis brother.for you does it seem like when ya get 4,5+cars your more likely to push it to the limits,,if I got 4 cars running I'm a manic with them,if I got 2 running I'm puzzyfooting it...had esc go down today so I'm down to 3 running cars...about time for another shipment of bad escz to castle,,lol...I MUST HAVE SOMETHING TO RIP AT ALL TIMES,FOR MENTAL REASONS..😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆
Yeah i didn't expect it, did do many runs this weekend
I think we need the same, faster car's 😂😂😂 i already ordered a new mmx8s and a hobbywing 1100kv motor 😁☺️
No what ESC did you go bad with
My Typhon thing is only for mental people, no pussy trigger 😂😂 but i ha pussy fingers with this
DSC_3713.JPG

Yeah i didn't expect it, did do many runs this weekend
I think we need the same, faster car's 😂😂😂 i already ordered a new mmx8s and a hobbywing 1100kv motor 😁☺️
No what ESC did you go bad with
My Typhon thing is only for mental people, no pussy trigger 😂😂 but i ha pussy fingers with this
View attachment 236213
Xlx2,getting low on escz,time to re-up..lol.tryed running a mmx6s on 3,4s..couldn't even hang 5 mins in my 1/10th cars without overheating lol...bad when ya need a mmx8s or xlx2 to run the motors in your swb an lwb 1/10 cars....high kv tp in both..lol...I got a tp4030-4400kv in swb an mmx8s can barely handle it.very radical little motor...

View attachment 236160
Bad news, no warranty. Good news, you can buy just the rotor. I contacted them through Facebook and got an answer almost immediately. Could have been fatigued already but that happened to me when I tried to stop the car from over 120 mph. Be careful when you take it apart. Don't mess up the spacers and shims for if/when you have to put the new rotor in.

Well, I'm keeping my incredible hot streak of destruction going this weekend. Decided, against my better judgment to run the pseudo tlr w/ the spektrum & the bent motor shaft. After a solid 20 minutes of ripping around it just kinda seized up & quit moving. It would roll on only front or rear wheels, but not on all 4. Figured it was the center diff that I just put in- nope. Took out the motor & could immediately smell the cookedness, opened it up & let's just say now I'm down 2 motors in one afternoon!! Jenny's here I come 🤣🤦‍♂️

20220814_205553.jpg

20220814_205601.jpg

Broke a drive shaft last time it went out. Can't beleive it, nothing broke this round. Sealing the power modules on these 3s rigs is a must!

Also, I can't beleive that little Mega slipper is still holding on!

20220814_164956.jpg

Well, I'm keeping my incredible hot streak of destruction going this weekend. Decided, against my better judgment to run the pseudo tlr w/ the spektrum & the bent motor shaft. After a solid 20 minutes of ripping around it just kinda seized up & quit moving. It would roll on only front or rear wheels, but not on all 4. Figured it was the center diff that I just put in- nope. Took out the motor & could immediately smell the cookedness, opened it up & let's just say now I'm down 2 motors in one afternoon!! Jenny's here I come 🤣🤦‍♂️

View attachment 236292

View attachment 236293
This might help

Screenshot_20220814-211713_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-211716_Messages.jpg

Back