What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mildly scary moment today,
Went out for a drive a few minutes ago and I get on the throttle and nothing, then a little shutter and inches forward.
Go back to check on It on my bench and I pick up my battery and my hand has this sweet, acetone smelling liquid stuff on it. Somehow my battery was punctured. Not puffed.
Kinda sad, it’s my last 3s, so to the Amazon I go…
Oh it lives outside now, because I am mildly uncomfortable with it, even if it’s in a lipo bag.
533C5401-E4E7-47E0-AF9E-F2DAE3B094B6.jpeg

Mildly scary moment today,
Went out for a drive a few minutes ago and I get on the throttle and nothing, then a little shutter and inches forward.
Go back to check on It on my bench and I pick up my battery and my hand has this sweet, acetone smelling liquid stuff on it. Somehow my battery was punctured. Not puffed.
Kinda sad, it’s my last 3s, so to the Amazon I go…
Oh it lives outside now, because I am mildly uncomfortable with it, even if it’s in a lipo bag.
View attachment 242566
Not that it matters, but what brand?

Does dumbassery count? For over a month or so I've scoped out a place for high speed runs... I wake up super early to get there before work (the wife is not happy, we work at the same place) get there, place the "Fat Rock" straight down the given area.... And it ripps backwards flipping 3 times. ;)

Well it had been a solid week of running/bashing without an entry for me so it was inevitable- skidded on some gravel under braking @ the end of a run & flipped/ cartwheeled about 10' into the ditch. Damage is quite minimal I think, just a shock rod end. Did get a new pb tho-107mph!!🙃😅

20220916_075217.jpg

20220916_075146.jpg

Well it had been a solid week of running/bashing without an entry for me so it was inevitable- skidded on some gravel under braking @ the end of a run & flipped/ cartwheeled about 10' into the ditch. Damage is quite minimal I think, just a shock rod end. Did get a new pb tho-107mph!!🙃😅

View attachment 243837

View attachment 243838
Awesome!! It's always great when there's minimal damage! 😁👍✌️🍻

View attachment 243837

View attachment 243838
No pain No gain..🍺🍺🍺you'll need 3 cold ones and you'll be set for rebuild

Thought I drowned the Bigrock today. It landed in a puddle, off a jump. I usually avoid water but since it was already wet and muddy, I thought I'd try and see if it would aquaplane a large puddle. It didn't. It stopped dead in the middle of the muddy water.

After retrieved it and I found it had steering but no throttle so disconnected the battery and took it home. After a cleaned and blow dried, I opened the receiver box and it was completely dry inside, so I connected a battery to test it and found it worked ok. 🤷‍♂️

Its now drying by the wood fire.

So no, I didn't break it today. :LOL:

Arrma. Built tough.

Last edited:
Thought I drowned the Bigrock today. It landed in a puddle, off a jump. I usually avoid water but since it was already wet and muddy, I thought I'd try and see if it would aquaplane a large puddle. It didn't. It stopped dead in the middle of the muddy water.

After retrieved it and I found it had steering but no throttle so disconnected the battery and took it home. After a cleaned and blow dried, I opened the receiver box and it was completely dry inside, so I connected a battery to test it and found it worked ok. 🤷‍♂️

Its now drying by the wood fire.

So no, I didn't break it today. :LOL:

Arrma. Built tough.
I spoke too soon. After letting it dry by the fire all night, I pulled the gearbox out to find it full of moisture. Slipper bearings are u/s. Can't turn the diffs without excessive force. It's going to need a complete new bearings set. 🤷‍♂️ oh well it was probably overdue anyway.

Edit: Bearing tally: both slipper bearings, diff pinion bearings, 2x diff output bearings and at least 1 wheel bearing dead. From just 2 puddles😞😆

Last edited:
New to the go fast game…..made my first rookie mistake….I was just getting the feel for my new Vendetta. Wanted to run it with the stock pinion at 50, then 75, then 100%. Drift it a little, that’s all. Area was good for 55/60mph, as I did that with my Big Rock.

Things were going well………

4EE88179-C975-440F-9842-637EE33DB2A8.jpeg

Then I got cocky…….put in the 26T pinion……carnage at about 70mph…..

09EA75A1-0B2F-4055-B3F7-77D0630F5B82.jpeg
E952EE64-D034-439B-BF53-21E175517338.jpeg

I knew it was not the right time or place…….🤣

Last edited:
New to the go fast game…..made my first rookie mistake….I was just getting the feel for my new Vendetta. Wanted to run it with the stock pinion at 50, then 75, then 100%. Drift it a little, that’s all. Area was good for 55/60mph, as I did that with my Big Rock.

Things we’re going well………

View attachment 244878

Then I got cocky…….put in the 26T pinion……carnage at about 70mph…..

View attachment 244879View attachment 244880
😬

Back