What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@slick2500 Looks great run with it! Says every manager who has never belonged in management. :banghead:
Maintenance guy said it would be down all day. It broke about 6:30 and he had it up and ready to go by 8:30ish.

For all of you who think I’m not a hard basher
I was running oils in my diffs for those who are asking I just push my cars to the limits also I found this after i was repairing 120$ in rear damage:rolleyes:
9AFE9BE8-DA89-48C8-87BC-DC5A14E1CA51.jpeg

1A641CDD-6549-461A-933E-BF23A80836DF.jpeg

2A32D37C-FDE3-4BFD-9BB6-46537E7DFC90.jpeg

Last edited:
don’t worry I fixed it

What happens Is that the aluminum arrma diff case actually cracked shooting all the internals out melting everything and I did set my mesh probably gonna stick to hot racing now

Last edited:
You know I couldn’t resist. 😝

Get the pps brace to replace the melted one. 👍
Probably will eventually don’t worry I just ran out of kids to beat up for oh wait I mean extra money in my pocket

Last edited:
Well this explains why I couldn't get a voltage reading off the main lead on my Rhino 3s 5000mah lipo. Now I need to figure out why it only shows up as a 2 cell on both of my lipo checkers.

20220924_114132.jpg

Well this explains why I couldn't get a voltage reading off the main lead on my Rhino 3s 5000mah lipo. Now I need to figure out why it only shows up as a 2 cell on both of my lipo checkers.

View attachment 245627
I've had one or two batteries where one of the leads of the balance connector just didn't make proper contact anymore. Re-crimping them with new balance connectors solved the issue.

I've had one or two batteries where one of the leads of the balance connector just didn't make proper contact anymore. Re-crimping them with new balance connectors solved the issue.
I was plugging in a lipo to charge this week and kept getting a high temp alert on the charger. After some review, found one of the balance leads had broken at the base where its attached to the lipo. Took a bit of time to peel back the layers on the Bashing series Genns Ace, but managed to solder it, Gorilla tape the F out of it, and return it to normal duty.

I was plugging in a lipo to charge this week and kept getting a high temp alert on the charger. After some review, found one of the balance leads had broken at the base where its attached to the lipo. Took a bit of time to peel back the layers on the Bashing series Genns Ace, but managed to solder it, Gorilla tape the F out of it, and return it to normal duty.
Balance leads are terribly fragile. I have to agree with @slick2500 that they're my least favorite part of modern lipos.

My first clue something was wrong was it wouldn't power anything so I opened it up, pretty sure it is fubar the plate the red power wire is attached to was just held in via some sort of tape. I'm guessing the tab broke off.

Balance leads are terribly fragile. I have to agree with @slick2500 that they're my least favorite part of modern lipos.
+1 I feel like I have to crack open and re-solder all the time. If they just made them a few inches longer so you don’t need to crank them into charging position it would make a huge difference. Also a clip built into hard cases. Also maybe some sort of ‘finger trap’ solution to keep stress off the internal solder point.

+1 I feel like I have to crack open and re-solder all the time. If they just made them a few inches longer so you don’t need to crank them into charging position it would make a huge difference. Also a clip built into hard cases. Also maybe some sort of ‘finger trap’ solution to keep stress off the internal solder point.
All by design. Cant have RC products lasting too long. 💵💵💵

All by design. Cant have RC products lasting too long. 💵💵💵
Guess it’s on us to design, part of the fun I guess

Lowest hanging fruit I can think of is to tuck the whole balance lead inside the case and cut a slot for the plug to poke out, then build an extension for connecting battery -> charger

Back