What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pants. 🤣 Time to invest in some knee pads. Might buy some Scorched RC titanium skid plates too. 🤣🤣

20221003_133952.jpg

Had some great fun bashing my rigs with my son on Saturday so these technically didn't break today. 1st up nice and simple, wing screw pulled through and front splitter lost 4 screws on the Felony easy enough to fix with a washer and some new screws. Next up, popped a driveshaft on a Typhon 3s (slipper is set fine, just landed on power with 4s), Have to pull the center diff on the Talion to check it out, doesn't roll forward, only backwards and there's a squeaky sound from the rear left shock or drive cup. The Notorious apparently lost reverse according to my son so that's up to diagnose, and the Vorteks running on 4s stripped out either the slipper hub or the rear diff since only the front wheels are pulling now. All in all, not too bad.

Well team, it's that time of the month again (for some that might have a totally different context). The good news is that it was actually one of the lighter months in the WDYBT catagory, but glad to see many of you giving it your best shot. Don't worry if you didn't win this month as the weather is getting colder and the snapping of plastic becomes more inevitable. Regarding this month's recipient, you might say that the damage might not be that bad. But lets face it, nothing's more satisfying than seeing an rc cracked in half. On that note, let's give a round of applause to this month's WDYBT champion, @Pnutbutterpie (plus that's just such a great name to say over and over again 🙂)

September 2022.png
PXL_20220905_233658331.jpg
PXL_20220905_233711590.MP.jpg

But wait, there's more! I know it wasn't posted for September, but once you see an image, sometimes you just can't erase it.

Now to be fair, there was one other person that could have easily won the worst injury of the month award, but as his post is in a private section of the Forum, I won't post it to this thread. He knows that our thoughts and prayers are with him, hoping for a solid recovery and possibly some bionic attachments thanks to the work of @Tex Koder.

We did get a glimpse of an injury from the Wonder from Down Under though, @Warby. So for the month of September, let's honor him with a plaque that seems fitting.

September 2022 injury.png
20221003_133952.jpg

Last edited:
So here's a new one for me. The wing mount is still solid but both screw heads have snapped off!!!
I wish I had your luck - broke both screws and both wing mount arms clean off yesterday
CA93897C-E012-47C0-BF1F-FAF3C9804F4B.jpeg

Had to disassemble everything to get broken screws out, but took the opportunity to tap all the way through to be able to add a nut, so hopefully stronger on the go forward. If it happens again I’m drilling and tapping M4 💪🏻
8E1E4006-35FC-4AA7-BB95-3848547944DB.jpeg

I wish I had your luck - broke both screws and both wing mount arms clean off yesterday
View attachment 248317
Had to disassemble everything to get broken screws out, but took the opportunity to tap all the way through to be able to add a nut, so hopefully stronger on the go forward. If it happens again I’m drilling and tapping M4 💪🏻
View attachment 248320
Ouch!! I'm still surprised that my stock plastic diff case and the plastic wing mount didn't snap or strip but the monkey metal screws did. Going to install 12.9 screws if it happens again.

Mission failed.

1st attempt went into someones front yard.. managed to bend a damn rear shock and bent one of the front Hoon wheels so it shakes now. See photo of stuck shock. Lol.
Pinion came loose on 2nd attempt

Waaa waaaa. Fix and try again. Hit 89mph. I could of sworn I saw the wheels come up at 80 with this spool I have in it!

20221006_172810.jpg

Mission failed.

1st attempt went into someones front yard.. managed to bend a damn rear shock and bent one of the front Hoon wheels so it shakes now. See photo of stuck shock. Lol.
Pinion came loose on 2nd attempt

Waaa waaaa. Fix and try again. Hit 89mph. I could of sworn I saw the wheels come up at 80 with this spool I have in it!

View attachment 248370
You might wanna think about getting some grps for speedrunning, they grip soooo much better than hoons

Very happy with their front bumper, did not add wing mount to order bc vanity overpowered reason (they did not have a black one in stock)
Ouch!! I'm still surprised that my stock plastic diff case and the plastic wing mount didn't snap or strip but the monkey metal screws did. Going to install 12.9 screws if it happens again.
Update: stronger screws will not remediate issue 😂

@Notorious J do we have a ‘fly boy’ award for most broken wings? I’m tracking toward gold this October
5DE079E4-A231-4ED7-81D0-301A2E6D7F84.jpeg

Last edited:
The Arrma screws are 12.9. The problem with the screws is that they should be M4 and not M3.

Back