What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rough day for the 50T

697AA71C-B1F9-427B-B20F-48F8A1300F1B.jpeg

I tested my first Hot Racing spool (24/36) today in Typhon #3 on 6s and it didn't fall apart. Thank You Permatex Threadlocker Orange. 💪

Broke two shock standoffs on the Kraton 6s EXB's maiden run. It didn't happen until about 20 minutes in and maybe 5 cartwheels, lol. The stock standoffs have a really crappy grain structure, so rather than replacing the stock 3mm ones, I ordered a set M2C 4mm standoffs. I ran it on both pavement and grass and hit 61 mph on pavement with the Proline Street Fighters, lots of grip and I really had to fight flipping it over in the limited space I had, but a joy to control otherwise. Popped a front driveshaft too, but that was an easy fix, cup is fine. After the parking lot, I hit the park with the Proline Badlands and man, what a ripper! 20t pinion, ESC temp never got above 135, motor temps I would guess was about 140... Sensor cable popped out so I've got no log there. I could hold my finger on it, and it was hot, but not blistering. Hit 60 on the FatRock on 4s in the lot too, but I just couldn't get traction.
IMG_5693.JPG

Proline Street Fighters
PRO1016710? Do you know (or have digital calipers and a scale to check) the Width and Diameter in millimeters and Weight in grams? My Google-Fu is weak so far but I am curious how they compare to the SRC Road Crushers I have on my FireTeam

PRO1016710? Do you know (or have digital calipers and a scale to check) the Width and Diameter in millimeters and Weight in grams? My Google-Fu is weak so far but I am curious how they compare to the SRC Road Crushers I have on my FireTeam
Yes, they are part number 10167. Width is 80.58mm at the sidewall bulge, 78.77mm at the tread. Let me grab the scale, brb. 404 grams.

Don’t have a photo of my full timber but took it for a hard 3d fly (first full pack) and did a snap and it the elevator came out didn’t know at the time and it nosedived strait into the ground breaking the plastic motor mount totaling the aircraft
EE9C59C9-2941-4C6B-A82A-B00C65A01375.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I'd rather deal with that than breaking them every other run though.
On my Typhon I broke 4 or 5 wings, never a stock wing mount. Tried the 3dRC mounts to try and keep my wings from breaking and one of those mounts snapped so fast I thought surely it was a fluke. Got another set and got the lower profile version, snapped both of those literally the first cartwheel I did. That and constantly having to glue tires was the reason I dismantled my Typhon for spare parts, lol.

On my Typhon I broke 4 or 5 wings, never a stock wing mount. Tried the 3dRC mounts to try and keep my wings from breaking and one of those mounts snapped so fast I thought surely it was a fluke. Got another set and got the lower profile version, snapped both of those literally the first cartwheel I did. That and constantly having to glue tires was the reason I dismantled my Typhon for spare parts, lol.
I've been using @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts since the first version and this includes bashing all winter. I've obviously split a few but only because I've landed on the wing more times than I'm willing to admit, plus endless cartwheels. Don't know what you're doing differently than me, but I'll never switch back to regular mounts on my Typhon, Kraton or Notorious.

I have no idea why the first one broke. The second time, both of them broke completely off at the same spot. I don't know if running carbon fiber towers with them is an issue, but it looked to me like the wing got pushed up or down so hard that they sheared off, maybe the edge of the carbon fiber where they go through the tower is enough of an edge?
Really don't know what happened, I just know between the trouble I've had with wings and wing mounts, I don't run wings on 6s rigs anymore. 🤣

You should have converted it to a street basher with belted wheels and removed the wing so it doesn't break when you hit a curb at 80mph. :troll:

I have 3 typhons, and only 1 has off-road wheels (belted mx28 and truggified) but I am afraid to jump/break it so it will probably put on a set of Hoons soon, spool it, and slam the suspension. ;)

Back