What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke my right rear FT shock standoff screw yesterday. Nothing new. Some 20 footer mislandings.
Anyone notice that M3 x 28mm 12.9 grade screws are hard to find. Arrma gets $1.00 each for them. MCmaster-Carr has 30mm lengths. And Not cheap IMHO.
I really should ugrade to BQ CF towers and M4 M2C standoffs ....I know.:giggle:
BTW, Don't even think about using the EXB Standoffs. They crack so easily if you just sneeze at them. What was Arrma thinking?? I rather use the standard and just replace the long M3 screws when they snap. But I am low on them. Have only one spare left on the side. Need to stock up or just go with M4 Standoffs. Someone twist my arm already.:giggle:

Let's have a roaring round of applause for this months "WDYBT" champions, @djrahbee & @joshludden! Way to keep emptying out those wallets you two. This thread wouldn't be the same without you.

Way to break stuff!!!! Great job?? 🤣👍

Broke my right rear FT shock standoff screw yesterday. Nothing new. Some 20 footer mislandings.
Anyone notice that M3 x 28mm 12.9 grade screws are hard to find. Arrma gets $1.00 each for them. MCmaster-Carr has 30mm lengths. And Not cheap IMHO.
BTW, Don't even think about using the EXB Standoffs. They crack so easily if you just sneeze at them. What was Arrma thinking?? I rather use the standard and just replace the long M3 screws when they snap. But I am low on them. Have only one spare left on the side. Need to stock up or just go with M4 Standoffs. Someone twist my arm already.:giggle:
I've heard this before.. wonder what's up with that, I've cartwheeled mine hard and have even landed on the top at different angles, is this just the standoffs or the towers too.. mine seem to be holding up pretty well so far!? 🤔

Had the Kraton out and took a hard landing on the front end. Next jump I hit, my power hobby twin setup flew out…completely ripped the wire apart. Impressed with the durability of these fans. As you can see in the pictures, my RCP fan that was in the ESC did not do well at all compared to the power hobby set.

Gave me a chance for a go at soldering. Damn it’s ugly but the fans run! I’ll be looking into a PH fan for the ESC soon. In the meantime, gonna try to fit a rocket fan that I’ve got in the toolbox.

782FD274-6FD6-43A9-9594-CCB237A8D646.jpeg

D36BEA93-95B0-4C48-AC0E-9FB37595D199.jpeg

Not sure if gone missing counts as broken? Lost an m2c pillow ball retainer while hooning around in the street. If it were a stocker I could have a much better chance finding it. Kinda turned out being a wash in the end cuz while I was looking for it I found the wheel hex that I lost on my ill-fated nighttime shake down run w/ the Chinook about 2 months ago!!😆

20230406_163323.jpg

20230406_163715.jpg

20230406_171445.jpg

What the heck! Pro-Line Badlands MX38 HP centers split... Just saw it while re-assembling my shock mounts. I was just running 6s, sheesh.

IMG_5711.JPG

SO there goes another 80 bucks for M2C hubs, lol. I need to claim my Kraton as a dependant on my taxes... My opinion on the tires? Awesome... Hubs? Disappointing...
Just do it.
IMG_5703.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I'm leaning towards that. Haven't ordered yet, so maybe I'll just get one for next time.👍

I burned up 2 3s versions with the factory plates as well as the Hot Racing plates, but I'm running 6s on the big rock with a Castle 1515 so not surprising, lol. The 4s version has been good with the factory plates.... So far. I just back the pre-load screw 1/4 turn vs the factory recommendation of 3/4 turn. If I rip it up again, I may just figure out a way to lock it.

Last edited:
What the heck! Pro-Line Badlands MX38 HP centers split... Just saw it while re-assembling my shock mounts. I was just running 6s, sheesh.

View attachment 291020
SO there goes another 80 bucks for M2C hubs, lol. I need to claim my Kraton as a dependant on my taxes... My opinion on the tires? Awesome... Hubs? Disappointing...

Just do it. View attachment 291022
I think that's why they made the hubs replaceable. I've had a few crack on my Slingshot paddles. Sucks, but better than having to replace a whole wheel and tire. I stick to Arrma wheels when I know I'm doing heavy jumping.

Damn u really did a number on it!! What happened !?
Well I have got a video but you can only see the start of the crash then hear the rest of it 😂.
Outside my office there’s an Incline in the road so I hit it doing around 75mph it took off then landed and rolled about 15 times

Back