What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll delete my post of cracked chassis from this weekend, it doesn't count anymore after seeing this....😳

This one...😅
Big crack, small crack, we need a new chassis in both cases.
poopy thing for me is that I need some parts then just the chassis. I am especially pissed about the servo, was the first driven with this servo.

Big crack, small crack, we need a new chassis in both cases.
poopy thing for me is that I need some parts then just the chassis. I am especially pissed about the servo, was the first driven with this servo.

If you still have the missing corner of the servo top housing, try and epoxy that portion back on.
It's still Useable for bashing. 👍

And, same goes for the chassis.
You just need to have some carbon fiber or aluminum angle irons to "weld"/strengthen the forward portion.

If you need to know how to make your own CF angle irons, let me know. 💪😎👊🍺

If you still have the missing corner of the servo top housing, try and epoxy that portion back on.

You just need to have some carbon fiber or aluminum angle irons to "weld"/strengthen the forward portion.

But make sure servo still works (that none of the gears are stripped/ sheared off teeth) before attempting repair

I found the missing pieces of the servo and it still works, so I will try to glue it back together.
Epoxy or superglue? Thanks for the inspiration!

Not going to repair the chassis that costs new 26 euro, not worth the effort.

I found the missing pieces of the servo and it still works, so I will try to glue it back together.
Epoxy or superglue? Thanks for the inspiration!

2-part Epoxy is best.

Not going to repair the chassis that costs new 26 euro, not worth the effort.

Hold onto that chassis..
Just in case.

Because these 3S & 4S plastic chassis are in SHORT supply... Just a heads up.

20230404_202310.jpg
20230404_203146.jpg
20230404_205343.jpg

Epoxy is not very sticky, so to actually adhere the pieces together was a challenge. In the end I used superglue for the casing of the servo. Shape was to complex to hold together.

The radio housing went pretty well.

Tomorrow morning I know if it will hold, this is pretty slow epoxy. Fingers crossed, wil save me 45 euro.

View attachment 290478View attachment 290480View attachment 290481

Epoxy is not very sticky, so to actually adhere the pieces together was a challenge. In the end I used superglue for the casing of the servo. Shape was to complex to hold together.

Tomorrow morning I know if it will hold, this is pretty slow epoxy. Fingers crossed, wil save me 45 euro.

Super glue may not hold once any impact force(s) hit those parts...

I put the 18t pinion gear on the dbxl-e 2.0. I gave it full trigger in my driveway and the front right tire ballooned up for a second and snap went the spindle! I gave the tire a good look but it didn't appear to come off the rim. Must be a very unbalanced tire is all I can think of. Ordered some aluminum replacements, two to three weeks out for shipping:poop:

IMG_9895.jpg

None of this was broken today, but found during my weekly fix it session tonight. Last burnout/donut fest blew all the fluid out of the center diff in the typhotank. Guess one of the screw heads broke off of the cup. Found a broken m2c captured hingepin in the front of the Derecho- I don't have any more spares so it'll be down til I can get more. Then on to the Black Sheep- another servo that got teeth mangled & stripped. Ugh, one more amazon cheapo left. Really need to figure out why I'm tearing all these servos up🤬

20230404_190548.jpg

20230404_191231.jpg

20230404_181541.jpg

20230404_202825.jpg

View attachment 290478View attachment 290480View attachment 290481

If you have that case sealed up well you can armor it up with some CA and baking soda. Just spread a bit on and then put a drop of thin CA on it, it's like a rock 1/2 a second after you do so don't expect to sand it easy or come off anywhere you accidentally put it.
Really need to figure out why I'm tearing all these servos up🤬

View attachment 290581
That's pretty simple, the servo saver is too tight/hard.

Last edited:
If you have that case sealed up well you can armor it up with some CA and baking soda. Just spread a bit on and then put a drop of thin CA on it, it's like a rock 1/2 a second after you do so don't expect to sand it easy or come off anywhere you accidentally put it.

That's pretty simple, the servo saver is too tight/hard.
Thanks for the baking soda/CA tip, didn't know that.

Checked the glued parts this morning and everything seems solid.
Lets see when I start to screw stuff back together how it holds up.

I put the 18t pinion gear on the dbxl-e 2.0. I gave it full trigger in my driveway and the front right tire ballooned up for a second and snap went the spindle! I gave the tire a good look but it didn't appear to come off the rim. Must be a very unbalanced tire is all I can think of. Ordered some aluminum replacements, two to three weeks out for shipping:poop:

View attachment 290514

Epoxy Time!
Just use a generous amount all around the little arm-tab.
May want to give a sanding to scuff up the surface before you start.

It's still salvageable 🍺👊

What's up baddest of the bashers? It's that time again when I peruse the last month of carnage. Guess the weather must be better where most of you are cause there was a lot of posts in the month of March. I'll start by thanking as many of you as I can for continuing to contribute to the cause: @Sledgy @parcou @BashTillBroken @real_name_hidden @PeighDay @SenorWickedStix @Johnny b @fozzy71 @Pinepig @EJunlimited @HooknBook @Warby @Radiocontrolsoul @Cypher @ARA8611V5 @Moonstonemike @Michael24 @sumguy75 @cosmom3 @Hammer Down @Smilinbri and @@9G. Some worse then others, but always fun to see that the damage never ceases. Don't feel that your damage is any less sh!tty than anyone elses. Breaking sh!t sucks, but there are some people who just get smacked up side the head when the hits come.
Now once again, I had a hard time picking a winner. One person had some bad luck and the other just seems to go for broke (literally) every time he goes out. Because I present the award, I'm allowed to do whatever the fluck I want, so once again, this month there's a tie. Let's have a roaring round of applause for this months "WDYBT" champions, @djrahbee & @joshludden! Way to keep emptying out those wallets you two. This thread wouldn't be the same without you.
leonardo dicaprio GIF

March 2023.png

Last edited:
Back