What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I could have probably made one myself, but I bought one from killmoderc.

Here’s a video I have watched a few times:

Justin

Bought a castle 2028 and ordered a vxp racing esc 400 amp then ordered the vxp bec to step down the voltage to the servo and other components that don' need that many volts next is 2 max amp 6s batteries for my project 12s outcast the vxp esc is rated up to 16s so 12s should b safe also ordered a co2 regulator I have a idea for a way to inroduce liquid co2 large valve set to a timmer to purge co2 when engine and esc temps get high

Ps I have a computer drafting and design backgound in college and also a organic chemistry backgound so I plan on using as much science and design to make something people hand even thought of does any1 have ne experience building cap packs from scratch if so can some1 five me a basic run thro I kno they need to b ran in series and they act as a voltage containment system so when the esc flips open for throttle per say the caps already have the energy stored to fire the esc so less of a drain on the motor my question with running a cap pack isn' that gonna increase the home of the rest of the wiring from the cap pack out sorry for such a drawn out question but this is the most complex build I've done so far I have a 6s rustler but it was easy to build it has literally a quarer of the parts

I think I could make 1 myself to but for the time and effort it' kinda worth it to just buy 1 that' already tested and will work for Sure

Wow man, this build deserves it’s own thread. Hopefully you decide to include some punctuation. And pics of the resulting carnage. :eek:

O deff will have a video I'm using a co2 regulator from a co2 drink station I happened across on let go and the hole punctation thing just isn' me unless I'm writhing a paper for school I feel I'm still able to get my message across with or without it but thanks

I' kinda new to the rc scene got into it with my son and it really grabbed me due to my backgound and I havnt seen a 12s co2 injected outcast running big rock cvds as center dog bones and drive shafts in my eyes that' what this hobby is about evolution and thinking outside the box nething is possibl if you have the right knowledge and the right people around you yo help make it happen

My "Super Swampers" came in today. I have to say these things have a lot more weight to them than I was thinking they would. Does anyone know what wheels these are? I saw a thread about these one time and some guy mentioned that they were a knock off of something but I cannot remember what.
uKuRkPbl.jpg

Last edited:
I've got my Talion down for the time being due to a battery loss (thank god for fireproof battery bags!) and I've ordered several parts to throw on the car over this weekend. This weekend will be all kinds of fun!

Chassis
  • Voltage Racing Front Brace
  • Voltage Racing Rear Brace
  • Voltage Racing Servo Mount
  • Hot Racing Center Diff Mount
  • RPM Rear A-Arm Set w/ Mud Guards
Drivetrain
  • Mugen Diff Shims (All 3)
  • Tekno Outer Diff Shims
  • Hot Racing Aluminum Diff Cups (All 3)
  • Associated Diff Fluids (60k F/200k C/30k R)
  • Robinson Racing 14T Pinion (1 step up from the 13T in the V3 Talion)
Other
  • Fast Eddy Bearing Kit
  • Savox SC-1256TG Servo (Needs waterproofing)
  • Duratrax X-Cons (C2 Compound)

I can't think if I had anything else on order, but this weekend should be a fun one. I plan on trying to take some images of the process to put up in a build log if anyone is interested.

Looks like I'm going to get a new servo those 3.8 trenches are just to much for the stock servo. And don't you know I call to find the servo gear set to just rebuild it and they are on back order till March any recommndations on a strong fast servo that can push these big tires around without straining.
20180216_141102.jpg

Deff had to flip it over when I seen pics of my old servo and was trying to figure why I didn' have the length I needed to connect it all together. I put her up for the night get back at it in the morning with a clear head .

Last edited:
I know I threw it in then took the pic before I realized it so had to take it back out and flip it around. Gotta love doing things twice cause your tired

I just did the transmission on my SCX10 II 4 times, first time I noticed the top shaft had a boat load of play in it, then two times getting the spacer the right size, then another time because I had in completely assembled and saw a bearing sitting on my desk...........

Back