What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought this stuff lol to fix my broken things from today and the tall side guards off of a outcast to keep nonsense out of my rcs chassis

Screenshot_20240407_011230_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240407_011216_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240407_011037_Chrome.jpg

Hobbywing Max8 ESC and 2200kV Motor combo NIB (Gen 1 sensorless)​

Was this a good deal?

Going to put it in a Traxxas Maxx… Any advice on pinion/spur? I’m only going to run it on 4S…

View attachment 359417
I would keep the stock gearing myself. That's what I ran when I had my Maxx. It never felt slow. Same ESC, but with the stock motor. Is that motor the same Kv as stock? If not, and it's lower KV, then yes, you would have to play with the gearing indeed 🤔. I guess my response didn't help much 😅

Extra lug nuts for my XRT. I almost lost one last time while doing some construction site bashing. Luckily I found it. It had fell right were the tire came off. And yes, I had tightened the lug nuts right before I ran my XRT 🤷

20240407_121338.jpg

Last edited:
Well lets see....is it the 3rd Wednesday of the month? No, its not...so no ss check till then, so I can't buy anything. 😖 ;)

I bought the last couple of bits I need to complete the most ridiculous and expensive SWB speed build that the hobby has ever seen, most likely. Was waiting for the Scorched XLX2 vertical mount to come back into stock, and got the notification today! I’ve been buying parts here and there for two years to spread out the cost of this project and my philosophy at this point is, if you’ve come this far with the best parts available then why would you buy crap to finish it? I was going to fab my own ESC mount, but the carbon angle I would have needed to buy cost over double what that beautiful Scorched mount cost so…no brainer, man!
IMG_3255.jpeg

You're really putting some time & quality pieces into this build 👍 Is it going to be a shelf-queen? (Which is totally acceptable/respectable in this instance lol)
Nah. I'm gonna hammer it. I learned so much building up my Notorious RTR after it started breaking stuff because I bash pretty wide open. The Noto is great! I can bash on it & not worry. Still stock electronics, upgraded servo & bellcrank & steering components. This K6 will be sent. I wanted the LWB & the 4990, but not in a Noto

Last edited:
Back