What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Street Crushers in today!

Side note - The factory wheels were a PITA to get off! I was about to rip the whole A-Arm off!

Next up - Install Yeah Racing heatsink with fans.

If you have trouble getting factory wheels off (only Arrmas, it’s weird) you can use an automotive bearing puller. Ask how I figured that one out

If you have trouble getting factory wheels off (only Arrmas, it’s weird) you can use an automotive bearing puller. Ask how I figured that one out

Well, I imagine you had quite a time yourself then! lol

Good to know, but I def don't have one of those lying around.

I am hoping they are only this hard to get off the first time? Or am I wrong on this?

I started working last night on installing the proline suspension upgrade to my Stampede, problem is that while the turnbuckles are thicker, the don't provide any of the rod ends for it which is frustrating as I now have to order some in!

I started working last night on installing the proline suspension upgrade to my Stampede, problem is that while the turnbuckles are thicker, the don't provide any of the rod ends for it which is frustrating as I now have to order some in!
Always something. I know your pain. Good luck

Finally converting all my stuff to XT90. Not going to lie, melted 3 before I got this one right. I have not soldered in years. ?

Attachments

• 15518523764032030474573464574601.jpg
    15518523764032030474573464574601.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 44
Finally converting all my stuff to XT90. Not going to lie, melted 3 before I got this one right. I have not soldered in years. ?

And now that I have seen the new "Part 2" video by the ARRMA founder, I realize I will be getting more practice since ARRMA is moving to IC5 connectors. ?

It also helps if you plug in the other side of which ever side you're soldering. It will work as a heat sink, and help prevent melting, and keep the pins from moving in the hot plastic.

This make allot of sense!

Thank you for the tip.

That's sick looking!!! ?

What tools would one need to attempt (I stress attempt) this kind of fabrication? I already have a Dremel.

That’s it. I make use with minimal tools, so I use dremel with cutting wheel, grinders, sanding bits, and sandpaper/ rouge. I buy aluminum off of the internet and I make prototypes with poster board. It isn’t easy persay, I really sweat the details and am very comfortable working with metal just from years of making my own parts.

But.... anyone can do this if they put in the effort.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i’m-obsessed.10653/

That’s it. I make use with minimal tools, so I use dremel with cutting wheel, grinders, sanding bits, and sandpaper/ rouge. I buy aluminum off of the internet and I make prototypes with poster board. It isn’t easy persay, I really sweat the details and am very comfortable working with metal just from years of making my own parts.

But.... anyone can do this if they put in the effort.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i’m-obsessed.10653/

Well your obsession looks amazing!

Thanks for the info. I have been struggling to find parts for my ECX Revenge, and the ability to make my own would be very helpful.

Well your obsession looks amazing!

Thanks for the info. I have been struggling to find parts for my ECX Revenge, and the ability to make my own would be very helpful.
Thanks :). I think you should try it! If you are just cloning a plastic part it is super easy, just trace the part and then poke the drill holes. Careful drilling because the bits tend to “walk” so make sure you either nail in a guide hole and drill slow, or use a dremel bit for etching. If you are making parts that don’t exist, you will have to figure out where to drill. Aluminum is cheap, a 24x24 peice will give you enough material for 5 cars of parts. If you need help you know where to find me

It also helps if you plug in the other side of which ever side you're soldering. It will work as a heat sink, and help prevent melting, and keep the pins from moving in the hot plastic.
This tip would have come in handy about 30 melted connectors ago. Figured it out on my own and finally redid all my connectors. Yeeesh

Could not sleep last night. Decided to get my 3.3 painted up. Restoring this 10 year old Nitro has been frustrating and rewarding. Almost done!

Attachments

• IMG_20190308_085432.jpg
    IMG_20190308_085432.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20190308_085255.jpg
    IMG_20190308_085255.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20190308_085312.jpg
    IMG_20190308_085312.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 48
Could not sleep last night. Decided to get my 3.3 painted up. Restoring this 10 year old Nitro has been frustrating and rewarding. Almost done!
Cool you should post a running video of that old nitro

Cool you should post a running video of that old nitro

I have an HPI Savage X and a Losi Muggy, both nitro. You will be seeing some video of those trucks once it warms up!

I have an HPI Savage X and a Losi Muggy, both nitro. You will be seeing some video of those trucks once it warms up!
I never had nitro but love to hear them run.
The only Rc’s I had growing up were pretty much every tyco car they ever built

I finished up wrapping my new MX28 Badlands with 65lb fishing braid. I taped over the holes in the wheel, but I am not going to vent through the rubber just yet. I want to see how they run like this. They are going on my BRCC.

Back