What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had nitro but love to hear them run.
The only Rc’s I had growing up were pretty much every tyco car they ever built

The nitro are a lot of work compared to electric. I would never buy a new one. But I've had the two I have since I got into the hobby and it's fun to hear them scream and put out the smoke!

Cool you should post a running video of that old nitro

Thanks. So my wife's uncle had gave me 3 of these bad boys to work on. I gave one to buddy, I worked on one, and the third became parts. Been working on them for a month now. We planned to run them today.

But of course, it just started snowing!! :-(

When we do get them running I will try and shoot some video though.

Worked on my 3s batteries swapping connectors from TRX to EC5 since that's what I have on my brcc and those are my brcc batteries.. woot

After a slight learning curve on hows best to solder I finally figured it out and banged the rest of the job out late last night.

Now I gotta wait for my new ones to get shipped and can clip those deans.

Soldering has been a task i'll say that much..

Been out in the yard all morning running a tractor. That part is fun, the hand raking is wearing me out. The dirt track is coming along nicely though. Found a underground rock so big I couldn't get it out of the ground. It's next to the track so I dug around it and cleaned it off. Looks really cool next to the first jump of the triple. Just hope I don't accidentally hit it. Brick wall. Can't wait to to run the Senton later and test the new track layout!

Been out in the yard all morning running a tractor. That part is fun, the hand raking is wearing me out. The dirt track is coming along nicely though. Found a underground rock so big I couldn't get it out of the ground. It's next to the track so I dug around it and cleaned it off. Looks really cool next to the first jump of the triple. Just hope I don't accidentally hit it. Brick wall. Can't wait to to run the Senton later and test the new track layout!
Pictures man, pictures!

Here ya go! Still a work in progress. I'm digging up the face of the jump next to the big rock. I need it to be steeper so I can make that the triple. I got tired and hot and quit.
I'm not a young gun anymore. Haha

Here ya go! Still a work in progress. I'm digging up the face of the jump next to the big rock. I need it to be steeper so I can make that the triple. I got tired and hot and quit.
View attachment 32048 I'm not a young gun anymore. Haha
Wow! My yard is the size of your tractor's bucket. One more reason to hate living in suburbia. That is going to be hours and hours of good times. Better get a good charger and extra batteries.(y)

Thanks. So my wife's uncle had gave me 3 of these bad boys to work on. I gave one to buddy, I worked on one, and the third became parts. Been working on them for a month now. We planned to run them today.

But of course, it just started snowing!! :-(

When we do get them running I will try and shoot some video though.
For what it's worth, if your going to give nitro a try, wait until it's above 60F outside. They are extra fussy when it's cold. I won't even fire one up if it's not 50F out.

Ran my stampede 4x4 and ERBEv1 today with some stuff my wife got me for my b-day. I gave her a list, ended up with HR 17MM adapters with a bit of offset for the stampede, proline trencher 2.8"s on 17MM rims, couple bodies for the stampede. So, I had to drive it... or try to. I ran a set of packs through the ERBEv1, I had removed the roll cage and installed a roll bar instead as well as dubro 3mm monster ball ends on the rear shocks (since they work so well on my outcast) as well as a new set of P2 alloy rear rockers. It did well... until about the last 5 minutes, then I landed hard and shattered a front axle. Still drove it easy until LVC. It was cold, was supposed to be mid-40's... it was maybe 30F with a ton of wind.

Then I ran the stampede 4x4 with the new duds (still old body, didn't want to mess up a new one in the cold) and about 5 minutes in, I gave a post a love tap, splintered the t-bone front bumper and snapped the shaft off my castle 3800kv motor!

2019-0309-Stampede-BrokenCastle3800kvMotorShaft.jpg

Instead of spending $80 on a new motor that is likely going to run hot on 3S when the ambient temps are above 50F, I decided to get myself a b-day present:
2019-0309-Stampede-HobbyWingMax10SCT-3200KVOrder.jpg

I've had been running 2S in the stampede with the castle sct sv3/3800kv, MIP axles, trencher 2.8's on 12mm wheels all last spring/summer, then in the fall, I decided to give 3S a try. Now it's really an air machine and I cannot step back down to 2S. I knew 12mm wheels would probably be an issue at some point and since it was cool when I ran it, I had a feeling the motor/esc I had would have heat issues... so changing it was probably inevitable anyway. Just wish I had the 3800kv as a backup for my ejato.

Got shocks and most bearings on BRCC, HR motor mount, HR c-hubs and 18t pinion.
I don't have anything nice to say about the stock heatsink anymore. I wasn't able to fit it right after I got the pinion on so I removed it and ordered something different to use for a fan mount.

Got shocks and most bearings on BRCC, HR motor mount, HR c-hubs and 18t pinion.
I don't have anything nice to say about the stock heatsink anymore. I wasn't able to fit it right after I got the pinion on so I removed it and ordered something different to use for a fan mount.
[/QUOTE

I had heat sink troubles today also. I ordered this HW fan for use one my typhon, and it wont work on the stock motor without modification. It says it fits 3660 motors and, seems to be a better quality heatsink then stock. It is just to long to work.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131600786279

Put a hobbystar 3200kv 3660 motor in my eJato. Also changed the gearing from 16/62 to 17/58. Will see how I like it but got an 18T pinion in the mail. I had a castle 3800kv in there running off a traxxas vxl-3s esc. Still have the same esc in there. Wanted to go down in kv a bit on the motor now that I'm running 3S.
2019-0315-eJato-HobbyStar3200kv-spur.jpg

2019-0315-eJato-HobbyStar3200kv-motor.jpg

At least now the spur doesn't hit the arm... got a groove cut in there from the previous spur. Had issues soldering extensions on the motor wires. The wires were stiff, almost like fully impregnated with solder. The motor wires took solder fine, but I cut the motor wires off my fried traxxas 3500kv motor and they did not like taking solder. I have some 12AWG wire coming in the mail as well, so may redo it when that shows up.

I'll get some pics up later I need to get a new adapter for SD cards since my new computer does not come with an SD card reader (whaaat?!)

But I slapped on some sick monster jam tires I got form China hella cheap mounted on some 2.2" traxxas wheels 1/2 off set on the front, finally got my adapters to work hada drill out the pin hole to fit the long set pin but all works now! That's for the BRCC

For the notorious i'm re working the battery straps adding 2 more that go the short way and removing the long strap as I dislike that..

And I put on a new 20-30$ orange/black body I got off ebay on the notorious one of those lil baja/bug shells orange flames or whatever with the monster M logo on the hood (they totally ripped monster energy off) looks really good but now these hydro dipped bodys are showing up on the forum and omfg they look frigging AMAZING And I want one :\

But for now im tryin to trim my spending and only buy poop I really need. Least till i can save some monies back up lol

Back