What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. The next thing I need to do is solder an EC5 onto the MMX 8s ESC, but I think I am done with hot things for the night. haha
I'm always afraid I'm gonna drop my soldering iron on myself or something.

I'm always afraid I'm gonna drop my soldering iron on myself or something.
I've got a scar on my left hand from a blob of solder that fell off of a pipe when I was working on the plumbing in my house. I couldn't do anything, because my other hand was busy holding a propane torch. Oh man did that smell nice. /s

I've got a scar on my left hand from a blob of solder that fell off of a pipe when I was working on the plumbing in my house. I couldn't do anything, because my other hand was busy holding a propane torch. Oh man did that smell nice. /s
grossed out comedy central GIF by Workaholics

Changed the shocks...(still stock but one of the shafts was bent) tossed a set of hoons on it too...🤙

20210329_165936.jpg

Chimichangas, last weekend.
20210329_204149.jpg

Still hurts.

Got the Mojave chassis cleaned off and put back together, got the new motor installed, got the new Servo installed, and got the receiver mounted. I also put new tires on it and body mounts. Tomorrow I will solder a new connector on to the ESC, mount it, and take it for a test drive.
20210330_232903.jpg

Wrenching is therapy.

4s needs love, too. I managed the gumption to swap out the rear drives with the steel option (many backorder months later, and a month or so of procrastination on my part)
20210331_220904.jpg

And noticed something not quite right with this-
20210331_220856.jpg

Good thing I hit up Jenny's before they ran out last fall 😘
20210331_222921.jpg

Back in bidness. This magnificent b@$tard will celebrate its first birthday soon. I think most of the bearings will hold out until June. They've mostly been swapped out with fast eddys once, and some high wear parts are on they're third set of oem replacements from Jenny's. They're in better shape than I expected after all the snow this thing saw this winter. Still, I'll do a full tear down/ bearing swap and maybe drop it into a short chassis (4s outcast) then. Kinda depends on what HH brings out in 4s by then...

Back