What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after crashing the Limitless at 126mph earlier needed something to help clear my mind. Got my GPM hinge pin sets in today so got the Kraton all done also added EXB aluminum spindles/ chassis brace spacers and the EXB bumper so it should be good and solid.View attachment 148460
View attachment 148462

View attachment 148465
Well after crashing the Limitless at 126mph earlier needed something to help clear my mind. Got my GPM hinge pin sets in today so got the Kraton all done also added EXB aluminum spindles/ chassis brace spacers and the EXB bumper so it should be good and solid.View attachment 148460
View attachment 148462

View attachment 148465
Limitless…that’s those amazing F1 style car right? Sorry to hear man…must have been some kinda scary stacking it it 126😣

What compound? It will all depend on if you try to smoke them or just drive around normally. S7s will hold up a lot longer. S1 will last a few packs longer. GRPs will have a lot more grip too.
Those are S5’s, I also picked up a set of the S7’s
I’m just running around a parking lot drifting & some fast 🤣 runs in, I haven’t found a decent spot to try & hit speed on box. 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Got a new rear diff in the exb, new front arms on the noto, Kraton front shocks on the rear of spare parts, new wheelie bar and Ackerman for the big rock, put the katar t's back on the k4s, mx28's on the big rock, and of course, some function checking on everything. Spare parts is ready to lay down some new times for the drag thread and hopefully a speed run or six.

Nice...did you go with the S7 for the longer life? I did as well but I did the white S7 hard rim...I find the other GRP flex too much while bashing and rubs to C-hubs...

I do have the silver Hoons I only run in the summer for the hot heat down south....I get good life out of those as well
I’m going see if I notice a difference between the stock tires & GRP’s...a bunch of people on forum prefer GRP’s over stock due to prices, but I see how I like the maybe try the solid rim ones🤘🏻🤘🏻

GRP, stay with the J-style. That plastic won't flex as much and if you hit a curb it won't shatter right away. The solid will crack on impact and the standard are too soft for bashing. They flex and rub. They will all work but that is my experience after 10+ sets. Bash with S5 or higher, speed with lower for better initial traction. They are all equally sticky once they are warm.

I’m going see if I notice a difference between the stock tires & GRP’s...a bunch of people on forum prefer GRP’s over stock due to prices, but I see how I like the maybe try the solid rim ones🤘🏻🤘🏻

JKFLOW was right I forgot to add go with the "J" style for the hard rim....white is the only hard rim they sell.

I rotate, balance, check tire health, and the whole 9. I cannot see a big difference between the J-style S7 and the silver Hoods...seem to wear bout the same for my crazy bashing this is no burn-outs or doing donuts....just power drifting in a nice wide open space around cones, etc. When I hit it....I am full throttle with all my space I rip it....I could get more tire life if I eased up a bit.

Hot here in the south so asphalt doesn't help with eating the rubber faster. In the winter I go J-style S5 and no lower does not get that cold here on average in the southern US. I do run the white Hoons as well in the winter.

I like the look for the GRP better and I lowered my Infraction chassis to the site right at the top of the tires....so it is the look that sells me over the Hoons.

1622221431230.png

GRP, stay with the J-style. That plastic won't flex as much and if you hit a curb it won't shatter right away. The solid will crack on impact and the standard are too soft for bashing. They flex and rub. They will all work but that is my experience after 10+ sets. Bash with S5 or higher, speed with lower for better initial traction. They are all equally sticky once they are warm.

Well said Sir!

Is this the part number:
GTX02-S5

Here...what I have,

GTJ01-S7​

https://www.hobbyheroes.com/product...d-rim-grpgtj01-s7?_pos=1&_sid=56ac99b54&_ss=r

A little time on thingiverse, a little 3d printing, a short acetone treatment for the fan covers and a bit of time invested in tinkering, now the mockup for my x-maxx cooling setup (at least motor) is finally ready...
20210529_000652.jpg

20210529_000713.jpg

Back