What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bourbon is Michter’s Small Batch and I prefer a large cube as it softens it a bit. Neat is an acquired taste that I’ve yet to find.
Kinda depends on the whiskey for me, but I don't consider it a sin to drop a big ice cube in most of em

The bourbon is Michter’s Small Batch and I prefer a large cube as it softens it a bit. Neat is an acquired taste that I’ve yet to find.
That sounds very nice and agreed. I never could quite acquire a taste for it neat. A big rock is nice, I love the round ones lol.

That steak…Your recipe?

Played at the park and tested 2 of the voltages (brushless upgraded and Injura 550 upgraded). We have had something like 16 or 17 inches of rain so far this year in San Antonio, and our neighborhood lake has never been this fall. It’s amazing and beautiful.

BBQ time now.

FFF82755-69AF-4CA3-B717-12A21769874C.jpeg

That sounds very nice and agreed. I never could quite acquire a taste for it neat. A big rock is nice, I love the round ones lol.

That steak…Your recipe?
Steak recipe? Salt, garlic powder, and rosemary. Add flame. Pat of butter while resting. Gobble it up. 🤘🏻

Steak recipe? Salt, garlic powder, and rosemary. Add flame. Pat of butter while resting. Gobble it up. 🤘🏻
Oh hell yes on the Rosemary! My wife’s fav herb. Nice!

@trayno88 Well Done! (y)

I painted my drivers head for my rock crawler. I am out of practice and couldn't find my magnifying lenses (buried somewhere in my mess) but went for it anyway. Not too bad but I could use a little practice.

PSX_20210601_091708.jpg

Last edited:
Working on my Granite. I had the "Red Blinking Light of Death" on my ESC. I am trying every trick possible from this great site and youtube to figure out whether its a gonner or will reset. Got a good feeling I am going to have to get a new ESC. Maybe a good excuse to make it 4s and get a motor and esc combo.
Also, working on an old blown out Spektrum motor to see if I can get the blown bearings out. One of them came out with the magnet and it stuck on the motor rod. I have tried everything to get it off except for a dremel.. I will take any ideas.

20210531_213725.jpg

20210531_213731.jpg

20210531_213736.jpg

@Sphexish want are you trying to launch?
1/8 th will probably make it wobble a lot and eventually crash right through or will you add additional supports?

By all means, interested how it holds up.

@Andy470105 you could try heating just the bearing remains with a flame but honestly, the way the rotor already looks, I wouldn't invest much time and effort. The kevlar wrap is already damaged and will break soon.

@Sphexish want are you trying to launch?
1/8 th will probably make it wobble a lot and eventually crash right through or will you add additional supports?

By all means, interested how it holds up.

Typhon & Granite 3s. So, 1/10th scale(?)

Previous version held up for a couple of bash sessions. Didn't seem to wobble a lot, due to the tension holding everything in place, but we'll see how she fares this time.

Made small progress on the Limitless repairs. Still have to wait on parts for the rear end so got the front taken care of. Stock splitter put back on as the Basherqueen splitter took some good damage and is lifted in spots besides the chunks missing. Front end put back on chassis. Replaced the front broken diff cup as it broke right at the pin hole and put 20mil in front diff. Put the BSR's on front but they will still need to be balanced. Small progress but it's forward progress so that's what matters.
IMG_20210601_111111785.jpg
IMG_20210601_110531236.jpg

Back