What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assembled my new Jasion EB7 ST electric bike. It came mostly assembled: all I had to do was install the handlebar stem, seat post, and pedals.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0605/0044/3373/files/stwhite.png?v=1685702419&width=900

I have a more comfortable Selle Royal Look gel saddle that I hope to get installed today.

https://images.internetstores.de/products/511844/02/fbcef8/Selle_Royal_Look_IN_Sattel_Relaxed_schwarz_silber[1920x1920].jpg?forceSize=false&forceAspectRatio=true&useTrim=tru
Very nice! Love our e-bikes! Bought a buddy rider to take the pups along.

Cleaning up a motorcycle tank. And installing carpet in a 68 Porsche 912 and fixed the daughters powers wheel. Lipo power now!

IMG_0044.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg

IMG_0001.jpeg

Tackled the Typhon 6S shocks on my Monster Typhon project today. I had a set of Team Associated Yellow springs on there, but at this point it's pretty clear I must've gotten the wrong ones. They're just a bit too narrow and have been shaving off the thread on the shocks. My bad. Good thing I already decided to try swapping them out for the 4S springs from the donor Outcast!

Was worried they might be too long but there didn't seem to be any problems, what with the giant amount of shock collar and spacer on the 4S shocks.

20230624_231908.jpg

Front shocks were a nice fit as well:

20230625_003446.jpg

Bit of a headscratcher: the previous owner of the donor Outcast apparently replaced the original V2 rod end and spring cup with a V1(?) one, which is non-removable (and already broken again, apparently). So I had to get this one spring off by unscrewing the shock cap and pulling it off from the top.

20230625_000619.jpg

Always fun, working on these second-hand rigs! Surprises around every corner...

All in all though, these 4S shocks look pretty beat up... Broken rod ends & perches, and both rear shocks rods are bent as well -- one VERY badly. Going to need some love before I can use these in a future project.

Finally, I replaced the plastic pivot balls in the rod ends with these collared metal ones. Looks a lot neater without all the washers, and should stand up to wear a bit better.

20230621_233947.jpg

Picked up 2 craftsman weed eaters last night for $5 at a yard sale. Workin on getting them running today. The 25cc only had a cracked primer bulb. Took about 5 minutes to replace that and give it a little tune to have it running tip top.

I don't even know what they had going on with the 27cc... ghetto rigged/wired choke.... its pressure line to the tank was leaking as well as the gas cap gasket..

Its like some folks don't know these 2 strokes rely on a pressurized fuel system and won't run with a leak..

I fix these things up for fun and give them away when somebody needs one.

20230625_154124.jpg

Its like some folks don't know these 2 strokes rely on a pressurized fuel system and won't run with a leak..

I think most people don't really have any idea what they're doing most of the time. :LOL: When you finally figure something out yourself, your ability to just fix things is almost akin to magic to most people, and what seems obvious to you feels more like arcane knowledge to them.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: you're a weed whacker wizard.

Picked up 2 craftsman weed eaters last night for $5 at a yard sale. Workin on getting them running today. The 25cc only had a cracked primer bulb. Took about 5 minutes to replace that and give it a little tune to have it running tip top.

I don't even know what they had going on with the 27cc... ghetto rigged/wired choke.... its pressure line to the tank was leaking as well as the gas cap gasket..

View attachment 307827
Great score. Along with some common sense 😂 most people don’t know what they are doing.

*Sigh* I've been dreading this moment... But alas, the time has finally come...

7qk11x.jpg

20230625_185342.jpg

Gonna try out a tip I heard and use some lube on the threads this time. Should make things easier (because as we all know, everything is better with lubrication)!

Since I didn't have any suitable grease lying around, I decided to try out another tip I've come across, and use some chap stick instead

20230625_194520.jpg

At least now I'm sure my lips won't get dry while I'm working on these!

New exhaust, and oil change! On the new motorcycle!

View attachment 307877
Beautiful bike! I've had several. Gave up riding here in Florida. You have the weather, the sites, but unfortunately not the intelligence or respect of commuters. Too risky for my blood. Please be safe!

*Sigh* I've been dreading this moment... But alas, the time has finally come...

View attachment 307864

View attachment 307865

Gonna try out a tip I heard and use some lube on the threads this time. Should make things easier (because as we all know, everything is better with lubrication)!

Since I didn't have any suitable grease lying around, I decided to try out another tip I've come across, and use some chap stick instead

View attachment 307866

At least now I'm sure my lips won't get dry while I'm working on these!

I keep those little tamiya grease tunes around for that stuff! They work great!
I swear its the same stuff as dielectric grease.
I think most people don't really have any idea what they're doing most of the time. :LOL: When you finally figure something out yourself, your ability to just fix things is almost akin to magic to most people, and what seems obvious to you feels more like arcane knowledge to them.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: you're a weed whacker wizard.

Haha, I like anything with an engine. My old man got me started working on them at a very young age. A good friend was super into the vintage engine shows and so we always had a ton of odd ball stuff around.
Built go karts with rotory engines off snowmobiles. Had 1 with a 350cc twin 2 stroke military generator engine. Ran about like a banshee motor!
Always somethin.

Last edited:
Beautiful bike! I've had several. Gave up riding here in Florida. You have the weather, the sites, but unfortunately not the intelligence or respect of commuters. Too risky for my blood. Please be safe!
Definitely will be! And as for weather. Hopefully at least 4 months worth!

Got all the turnbuckles done and on the rig. While my fingers were recovering, I took some time to sort out the wiring. Decided I wanted the ESC in the lower position even if it gets in the way a bit; it's just so much neater and more convenient.

20230627_183425.jpg

20230627_183452.jpg

Next I need to put the tires on and double-check if I haven't completely messed up the camber and toe.

Back