What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still leery of doing that swap. If @Thomas P said you shouldn't, I tend to believe him ???
Not sure if there's a fear in travel or extension, but seemed to go well on this first time out. I'll watch and keep you posted.

Straight swap using front cvds. You can buy full axle/shaft sets from Jennys Rc very cheap.
Ok great I have a whole front end - dog bones, cvds, knuckles - kit from Jenny’s. Bought to truggify my typhon. Just need to buy a typhon yet. ? guess I’m either doing things backwards or a good pre planner. Verdict is still out. thanks @Notorious J for the quick reply ?

Are those the ProLine Belted Trenchers or the Sweep Terrain Crushers?

Smoked a couple sets of turkey tits? Just for employee meals. Easy stuff. Brine 4 days, air dry, smoke with pecanwood til 160F internal.

View attachment 51391
At first glance I thought they were f-ed up turtles ??

Been replacing the chassis on my ERBEv2 the past 3 days after work. Trying to come up with better ways to do some things (how I have the roll bar installed, skid plate, rear brace I made, installing more upgrades from my v1, etc.), so it's taking way longer than it should. Currently waiting on some 20awg silicone wire so I can install a 10A castle bec to take the load off the esc. Not sure why, but the power wire they have on it is about 4" and the servo lead is like 12". It's not waterproof, so I assume people usually try to put them in a receiver box, so why they only give such a short wire lead for input is beyond me. I'll be desoldering both leads and adjusting accordingly. Also have a probodyrc body to cut/install for it.

Installed a max 8 esc and a spectrum radio. One of my old ones. DX3R. Hauls butt and stops on a dime. I set the BEC yo 7.4 bolts on the servo. It likes it. I think. Lol. I’d say the stock radio was real bad! The response now is like I thought it should have been.

Been replacing the chassis on my ERBEv2 the past 3 days after work. Trying to come up with better ways to do some things (how I have the roll bar installed, skid plate, rear brace I made, installing more upgrades from my v1, etc.), so it's taking way longer than it should. Currently waiting on some 20awg silicone wire so I can install a 10A castle bec to take the load off the esc. Not sure why, but the power wire they have on it is about 4" and the servo lead is like 12". It's not waterproof, so I assume people usually try to put them in a receiver box, so why they only give such a short wire lead for input is beyond me. I'll be desoldering both leads and adjusting accordingly. Also have a probodyrc body to cut/install for it.
Shoehorned it in there... almost done now, trying to get the fan wires and whatnot on the esc side to lay somewhere safe with enough slack to not break or unplug. Makes me miss nitro a little bit. 6V pack, no fans, just a receiver, 2 servos, button it up!
2019-1024-ERBEv2-Castle10ABEC-Installed.jpg

I connect the esc to the receiver using an extension so I can easily unplug it and make adjustments without popping open the receiver box. Sure would be nice if castle was like HW and used a fan port on the esc for programming...

Got my armor werks servo mount for the outcast... going to try installing that tomorrow. Got a feeling the servo has to get unplugged from the receiver to fit it in the mount. Man I hate that receiver box!

Ugh, all done:
2019-1024-ERBEv2-NewChassis-receiverSide-high.jpg

2019-1024-ERBEv2-NewChassis-escSide-low.jpg

2019-1024-ERBEv2-NewChassis-receiverSide-low.jpg

I think I rerouted the fan wires 5 times, burned through a lot of zips. I removed/resoldered the xt60 off the esc to the cap pack for the tie in to the BEC. 10A seems to be plenty for my current setup. With the wheels held stationary and turning the steering wheel full lock to lock (stalling the servo), the fans don't even change pitch. I only have it set to 6V as that's what the JX Servo DC-5821LV is rated for. Seems to be enough servo for this truck. Without the BEC, they would change pitch a bit doing the same test.

Think I'll leave the body for next week. Plan on installing the armor werks servo mount in the outcast tonight and swap a couple tires from my savage flux to the outcast, since I haven't been running it. One of the ones on the outcast is cracked pretty bad. I don't air out the savage nearly as much as the outcast, or drive it that often, so may as well put the good wheels on the trucks I use most.

Hoping to get some running in this weekend, but not sure the weather is going to cooperate. Temps are going to be 45-50 and likely rain tomorrow. :(

Installed the SKYRC GC301 gyro from RCJuice in the PLMT4x4. Not much room in it so put it on top of the receiver. Wire management is a must. Zip tied to outside mug guard.
7CFC7DB0-9133-4661-AFCB-7BF41282FAE6.jpeg
Seems to worked on the bench. Will test it out later today.

I let the smoke out of a stock 15 kg arrma steering servo. Replaced it with another one I had bought for spare parts. It either doesn’t like getting 7.4 v from the bec or it was time for it to be in the trash. lol.

Installed the SKYRC GC301 gyro from RCJuice in the PLMT4x4. Not much room in it so put it on top of the receiver. Wire management is a must. Zip tied to outside mug guard. View attachment 51844Seems to worked on the bench. Will test it out later today.
Update. Needs work. Shakes and shimmies at higher speeds. Will need to play with the gain +\- and see if that helps. On the fence on wether it’s a good spend or not.

Update. Needs work. Shakes and shimmies at higher speeds. Will need to play with the gain +\- and see if that helps. On the fence on wether it’s a good spend or not.
That’s typical of most gyros. Your gain is just too high.

Well it’s taken a bit longer than I’d hoped thanks to my arm but hey, I kno it’s done right.
first time I’ve pulled an RV car down in probably 8 years oh besides the 3s range and I’m really enjoying it andthese m2c Goliath parts are absolute beasts!

Attachments

• ACBDFD37-20DA-48DC-ACE7-728DCF121191.jpeg
    ACBDFD37-20DA-48DC-ACE7-728DCF121191.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 24
I got fuel and batteries for that shop heater I bought on sale in the beginning of spring. It's rolling on a wooden dolly from Harbor Freight I got with a coupon for $8. Even on low and medium the thing puts out the heat. There's a fan that can be used if you supply 6x D batteries or a 6v adaptor and it works well. I will be buying the adaptor and hose extension.
All of you guys that vouched for this heater were right on the money. It works very well and I really think I'll be in good shape out here during the cold weather. The only way I could do better is to get off my ass and insulate this shed.

edit 11.4.2019 : The additional hose purchase is absolutely necessary. 2x heater bottles that are 1# last maybe 3 hours on low heat. You can find a hose for $25 or even less.

1572219662802.png

Last edited:
Back