What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a great get together with a bunch of guys from all over Southern Ontario, I managed to break one rear a arm which was fixed on site. My day was cut short by the esc 4 blinking green lights of death, so I also put in what I think is my last spare esc. I'm hoping the esc that pooched was just from excess water, as I've had one return from the dead before. Gave the truck a pretty thorough cleaning as well, plus Gorilla taped a few new cracks in the body. Except for the esc and broken arm, the Notorious/Outcast was handling like a champ yesterday. Lot of amazing rigs showed up yesterday too, and everyone had fun regardless of damage, but the highlight was the distance the two Teknos of @WTF MIKE and Bashing Barry were getting near the end of the day. May as well have been arrows being launched from a cross bow. @Lorenzo_arrma_army's Typhon 6s was close behind. The two Granite 3s' were just killing it too. Now that I'm all fixed up, on to the next bash!???

At a great get together with a bunch of guys from all over Southern Ontario, I managed to break one rear a arm which was fixed on site. My day was cut short by the esc 4 blinking green lights of death, so I also put in what I think is my last spare esc. I'm hoping the esc that pooched was just from excess water, as I've had one return from the dead before. Gave the truck a pretty thorough cleaning as well, plus Gorilla taped a few new cracks in the body. Except for the esc and broken arm, the Notorious/Outcast was handling like a champ yesterday. Lot of amazing rigs showed up yesterday too, and everyone had fun regardless of damage, but the highlight was the distance the two Teknos of @WTF MIKE and Bashing Barry were getting near the end of the day. May as well have been arrows being launched from a cross bow. @Lorenzo_arrma_army's Typhon 6s was close behind. The two Granite 3s' were just killing it too. Now that I'm all fixed up, on to the next bash!???
How was the typhon? Any launch stories?

How was the typhon? Any launch stories?
Typhon is waiting for an a arm. Nothing major, but did have one crack recently

Pulled the diff out of the outcast to replace the broken cup from last weekend. Found all 4 of the screws on the ring gear side (arrma 2 piece alloy/steel cups) weren't even finger tight. 2 had backed out 2mm! No idea how it didn't just grenade itself. I was pretty sure I red locktited all the screws when I assembled... maybe that was just the front. The ones on the cap end were still tight tight. Guessing the shimmed bearings and plastic case is all that kept it together. Oddly, since it uses button heads, there wasn't any real wear in the side of the diff housing. I cleaned out the screw holes and screw threads with DA, put some oil back in the cup, replaced the outdrive and used a liberal about of red locktite. I'm expecting I'll need to torch it a bit to get it apart next time, which I'm fine with.

That's where I stopped as I'm still waiting on hinge pins and hinge pin retainers.

Got the revo back in working order. Made my own skid plate out of some kydex and a heat gun to fix the t-bone busted part and replaced the front push rods. No other damage on that thing, and I beat it like it owed me money this weekend!

Forecast calls for temps in the low 30's and snow... good bye spring/summer/fall. It's been fun!

Pulled the diff out of the outcast to replace the broken cup from last weekend. Found all 4 of the screws on the ring gear side (arrma 2 piece alloy/steel cups) weren't even finger tight. 2 had backed out 2mm! No idea how it didn't just grenade itself. I was pretty sure I red locktited all the screws when I assembled... maybe that was just the front. The ones on the cap end were still tight tight. Guessing the shimmed bearings and plastic case is all that kept it together. Oddly, since it uses button heads, there wasn't any real wear in the side of the diff housing. I cleaned out the screw holes and screw threads with DA, put some oil back in the cup, replaced the outdrive and used a liberal about of red locktite. I'm expecting I'll need to torch it a bit to get it apart next time, which I'm fine with.

That's where I stopped as I'm still waiting on hinge pins and hinge pin retainers.

Got the revo back in working order. Made my own skid plate out of some kydex and a heat gun to fix the t-bone busted part and replaced the front push rods. No other damage on that thing, and I beat it like it owed me money this weekend!

Forecast calls for temps in the low 30's and snow... good bye spring/summer/fall. It's been fun!
I stopped using the Arrma two piece cup because of the same issue. No matter how well you clean it, if even a tiny bit of fluid gets in those screw holes, the threadlock becomes ineffective. The screws are too short and back off way too easily.

I stopped using the Arrma two piece cup because of the same issue. No matter how well you clean it, if even a tiny bit of fluid gets in those screw holes, the threadlock becomes ineffective. The screws are too short and back off way too easily.
Will see how the red loctite holds. If not, will try the green, I think it's supposed to work even when contaminants are present.

Will see how the red loctite holds. If not, will try the green, I think it's supposed to work even when contaminants are present.
Try loctite 263 that is oil resistant I believe ??
If this works, I'd like to know. Otherwise, that Arrma cup will just collect dust on my bench.
So I've read that a programming card might work to get the error code out of the BLX 185 esc, that's causing the four flashing green lights and no throttle. I have a generic one, not HW, so do I just plug it in on the fan port? I tried to get it to go into the programming mode using the on/off switch with no luck. The esc is almost brand new, and I'm pretty sure I've used all my warranty credits with Horizon.

If this works, I'd like to know. Otherwise, that Arrma cup will just collect dust on my bench.

So I've read that a programming card might work to get the error code out of the BLX 185 esc, that's causing the four flashing green lights and no throttle. I have a generic one, not HW, so do I just plug it in on the fan port? I tried to get it to go into the programming mode using the on/off switch with no luck. The esc is almost brand new, and I'm pretty sure I've used all my warranty credits with Horizon.
Call LORENZO he has the program card

@Notorious J you can happily use mine but it will take me a while to get over to yours..???
I expect that if you leave now, you should be here in time for Christmas. Careful though, the water gets rough in the Atlantic, so make sure you're wearing a life jacket while rowing that boat.??

I think when I used my card on a Hexfly esc I plugged it into the fan port..... I can't remember if mine is branded and now I can't find the freakin card either ?

New skid plates. Ran out of time but the rest will be done tomorrow. Bearings, new tactic radio, checking all three diffs before throwing in HR diff case's, new servo.

20191030_211314.jpg

20191030_185704.jpg

Be careful of those stainless steel screws in the bottom of the bulkheads, stainless steel likes to bend.

Back