What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced the lower shock ends on Kraton 6s. 1 was bent and 1 stretched. Just used the standard ends for now but I have the HD Nero ends but no balls for them. Just ordered some HPI metal balls HPI101083 for them. Also finished fitting the Dusty Motors shock socks. Tip: cut them longer than you think is enough. Makes fitting them a lot easier.
20191101_172825.jpg

20191101_171857.jpg
20191101_144114.jpg

Also fitted some.... actually not sure what they are but fitted them to the body at high points. Hopefully to protect it from those times when it's skidding down the road on its lid. May take a bit away from its looks but so does a scratched up bod.
20191101_183447.jpg

20191101_183356.jpg
20191101_191118.jpg

Finally put the RPM rear arms on the OC/Noto. Went out today with the temps hovering just above 0 C, and sure enough, one of the stock ones bit the bullet. Boiled the RPMs first because, why not.

Finally after a few delays from my buggerd arm I’ve finished and beefcaked my kraton, well shocks to do in time but can’t wait to give this a blast. I dropped a 16t pinion and went 60k/500k/30k on diffs. Boiled rpm arms all round and wing mount. And the Finishing touch .... out with the rubbish radiolink finally- About to unbox my dx5 rugged and bind it and read the manual properly “cheers for advice on the rugged @bicketybam”. New motor and esc arrive in next few days then it’s onto my ground up m2c beefcaked ”Jenny’s“ outcast!

Attachments

• 734D974F-2EA0-418B-ABA2-DBE1DD0F89BB.jpeg
    734D974F-2EA0-418B-ABA2-DBE1DD0F89BB.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 24
Why do you boil the arms? ?
Makes a nice broth for lunch the next day, or maybe because I'm so influenced by the internet that I will try just about anything to make a part last longer on my money pit.... I mean Arrma truck.

So it softens them to help with colder climates?
Everyone has an opinion on why something does or doesn't work. I personally don't think you can change the chemical composition of plastic by boiling it. You might temporarily make it more malleable from the heat, but once they cool, they will return to there original state. The logic is that it can't hurt to try different things, except for how it hurts the wallet. Bashing the living daylights out of our 6s rigs is going to come with consequences. All this, and any other hack we try to use, is an effort to alter or delay the results. Plus the RPM soup was delicious. ?
Everyone has an opinion on why something does or doesn't work. I personally don't think you can change the chemical composition of plastic by boiling it. You might temporarily make it more malleable from the heat, but once they cool, they will return to there original state. The logic is that it can't hurt to try different things, except for how it hurts the wallet. Bashing the living daylights out of our 6s rigs is going to come with consequences. All this, and any other hack we try to use, is an effort to alter or delay the results. Plus the RPM soup was delicious. ?
And just an add on. My wife has become very upset with me regarding the use of the stove for different aspects of this hobby. First it was stinking up the whole house while "baking" tire cake, and now I'm boiling RPM soup. Next up, grilling shock tower steaks?

And just an add on. My wife has become very upset with me regarding the use of the stove for different aspects of this hobby. First it was stinking up the whole house while "baking" tire cake, and now I'm boiling RPM soup. Next up, grilling shock tower steaks?
Open up a restaurant

(I can’t spell don’t judge me)

Got the Ruckus all finished now. Body is cut, trimmed and mounted. The rear body post holes line up pretty well but I had to cut new holes in the front.
20191102_174225.jpg

And I got bored with the black chrome on my 4pede wheels and decided to put down a few coats of Testors Purpleicious.
20191102_151705.jpg

Didn't feel like handing over $40++ AUD for a fairly straight forward alloy brace so I made my own. Rear chassis brace for Kraton. Very happy with how it turned out, considering I only used hand tools. No machinery. It may be a bit overkill, a bit overengineered but so is M2C or Voltage hobbies gear. Not that thats a bad thing.
Next the front brace.

20191103_164135.jpg
20191103_164737.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't feel like handing over $40++ AUD for a fairly straight forward alloy brace so I made my own. Rear chassis brace for Kraton. Very happy with how it turned out, considering I only used hand tools. No machinery. It may be a bit overkill, a bit overengineered but so is M2C or Voltage hobbies gear. Not that thats a bad thing.
Next the front brace.

View attachment 52669View attachment 52670
Really nicely done and by hand too. Kudos brother???

Next the front brace.

View attachment 52669View attachment 52670
That's a great job with hand tools!

This was my last attempt at a front chassis brace:
2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBraceOutOfTruck.jpg

2018-0914-Outcast-HomadeFrontBrace-CenterBrace.jpg

1/4" steel key stock. Vice, butane torch, hack saw. lol! Laughable compared to yours!

Still have my outcast in bits on my bench awaiting a new diff...

1/4" steel key stock. Vice, butane torch, hack saw. lol! Laughable compared to yours!

Holy cow. That brace would withstand a 100km/h head on with a road train. No snapping that one.???

It is beautiful on the inside and that's what's important. My mom used to always say that to me. Gotta go have a chat with my mom.

Back