What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the motor out anyway since I broke a tooth on the pinion last weekend so decided to add the hobbywing fan and make a (small) step up to a 14t pinion at the same time. Normal temps outside when I run are 80+ now.

Was able to use vise grips to make the heat sink diameter smaller so it fit snug. Had to move the fan all the way to the back of the heatsink to give me clearance for the tower brace. The wire juuuuust stretched far enough. Another two inches would have made the wiring neater.

Test run in the street. It definitely seems quicker with the 14t pinion.

Attachments

• 821FBEC0-1837-4227-87E7-F1AB15AC8E90.jpeg
    821FBEC0-1837-4227-87E7-F1AB15AC8E90.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 34
Got my BRCC back in action. Replaced the rear shock tower / gearbox cover that I blasted, 30kwt diff fluid, stuck on a Granite bumper and decided to run without the wheelie bar for a while. Doesn't try to wheelie as much now anyway. Notice slight cogging with the 18t pinion but not yet enough to bother me.
Need to choose and paint a new lid and these new shocks I stuck on feel a little stiff. May try some softer springs but not sure what to buy. I still love this truck and on the test run hit the ramp a little before lvc.

You think that screen will actually let any air in? Or was it more for looks?
Maybe at high speed, especially since I put the screens on the back. I blew a fan on the front and could feel air on the other side. I'll see how it works when the weather really warms up.

Went to the Hobby Shop in Baton Rouge (two hours drive time.) This hobby store opened in 1981. Last time I went was at least a year ago.
Picked up some paint, a new lid for the BRCC, some diff fluid and some new tires for the Typhon. Vented the tires but not yet wrapped so I'll run on 4s until I wrap with SpiderWire. 4s 20t pinion is still plenty fast.
Kinda wanted to try something different maybe with solid wheels but all he had were Duratrax Six Pack on these wheels.
Overheard a guy come in and ask, "when are you guys gonna get some new stuff?"
Older owner said, "what are you looking for?"
"Losi?"
Owner said, "no, we won't be getting any of those. We're pretty much gonna stick with Traxxas because they're the leading brand"

:(o_O

I told the owner I buy Arrma trucks. And break plenty of em regularly. But I wasn't rude or condescending. He told me he appreciated my driving so far to shop with him and I told him I don't mind the drive and would love to come and spend more time in his shop.
Too bad though. I really don't mind spending a little more or driving the distance to browse but he really didn't have but 100k wt diff fluid and I wanted 50 and 200. He told me he'd have the diff fluid next week and I saw him open his browser to ebay. He had one set of tires I was semi-interested in so I bought em. He has lots of body shells and some paint but otherwise tons of old inventory, dust, decorative models, planes, piles of Traxxas vehicles and Traxxas parts availability.
They're very nice older men and I'm sure it's tough making a buck in this business. If he'd stock Arrma, I'd drive regularly. But I don't think he ever will. I guess I'll check back again next year. :rolleyes:

Worked on falling a 25+ foot tree that was in the backyard wood pecker had his way with the base of the tree.. So I figure before that little poop falls it in a direction I didn't intend.. I'd do it my self.

Little nervous doing it with a tiny 14" chain saw and too much caffeine.. but it fell right where I wanted missing the shed by a few feet! w00t.

got most of it cut up and moved just gotta deal with about 10 feet of the trunk now..

Back hurts hands hurt.. Exhausted.

fiddlestick trees!

am I the only one that keeps breaking these dang things or is it just driver error

Attachments

• 20190420_193942.jpg
    20190420_193942.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 45
9 on 6s I probably need to tone it down a bit lol just added the backflips to and it's made it worse with the added traction

Yeah that's your problem right there 6s and 9 punch is a recipie and a damn good one at that, for breaking everything on your car! :D

Turn that female dog down to like 4 or 5 it will still wheelie non stop but you won't be left with a pile of broken poop and worn out drive cups at the end of the day :D

Heed my warning as i'm one of the morons who learned the hard way and burnt thru 2 or 3 diffs and around 100$ in parts before I turned it down ;) and I was doing it on 4s!!!! 6s.. JESUS MAN! Just cause you can don't mean you should ;)

Yeah that's your problem right there 6s and 9 punch is a recipie and a damn good one at that, for breaking everything on your car! :D

Turn that female dog down to like 4 or 5 it will still wheelie non stop but you won't be left with a pile of broken poop and worn out drive cups at the end of the day :D

Heed my warning as i'm one of the morons who learned the hard way and burnt thru 2 or 3 diffs and around 100$ in parts before I turned it down ;) and I was doing it on 4s!!!! 6s.. JESUS MAN! Just cause you can don't mean you should ;)
I just like the instant air control I'll turn it down and see how it goes lol but yeah I knew I was asking for trouble already planned on turning it down will see how she handles on 5 waiting for my new diff assembly's to get here and I'll let ya know how it goes

I had mine at 5 on my outcast and it would hesitate on me when I punched it up the face of a ramp about 50% of the time. Made it too unpredictable. I think I have it at 8 now. Still a slight hesitation once in a while, but far more predictable overall. Guess I should stock up on diffs...

I busted my HW 50mm fan on the motor yesterday, so tore that down to see what was wrong with it. It broke inside the motor. Now waiting on new fans and Tekno shock ends as I busted one of those too.

I had mine at 5 on my outcast and it would hesitate on me when I punched it up the face of a ramp about 50% of the time. Made it too unpredictable. I think I have it at 8 now. Still a slight hesitation once in a while, but far more predictable overall. Guess I should stock up on diffs...

I busted my HW 50mm fan on the motor yesterday, so tore that down to see what was wrong with it. It broke inside the motor. Now waiting on new fans and Tekno shock ends as I busted one of those too.
I talked to a few of my good buddy's that was out with me when I blew my diff honestly I think it's my fault not the punch although I know 9 is hard on it overall ... my friend reminded me exactly what happened when it popped I was on the throttle when I landed and I think that's why it broke and possibly why iv had it brake before I didn't know it was a problem but now after his advice and a reference to rich ds video on his diff blowing out under throttle on landings iv found the culprit lol absolutely no damage to any of the diff all the gears barely show any wear on them even the one that snapped in three pieces don't really have a mark on it so I'm guessing I need to learn to let off the trigger on touch down or I'm gonna continue to have this issue... I don't want to relearn how to control this thing in the air.... I like my punch settings on nine but I may try to drop it slowly and see how it goes ...probably not good to just jump down to 4 or 5 to fast

Back