Xmaxx questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the DBXLE looks the smallest here - it's actually the biggest.

The DB Pro and the DBXLE look very close, excepted the size :LOL:
71BFEqFGcxL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Some photos which show the sizes comparison :
maxresdefault (4).jpg

maxresdefault (3).jpg

20191130_120331_9b0cac018efafa74bbb567c621266e8a4d4c8736.jpg

Finally, the Xmaxx isn't so max in size :ROFLMAO: What will be the next one? The XLMaxx? as they patented the "maxx" name, they must use it as much as they can.

Yes. It is like comparing the Losi Ten DB pro and the Maxx, two different trucks. If you want a monster truck, don't buy a desert buggy :LOL: it is as simple than that.
That was my thinking as well but apparently I don't own both. Come to think if it, I don't own a Hummer or a Corvette C7 but I feel confident in saying they do certain things differently.

Nope but I've seen both in person. If you think they are similar trucks, who am I to argue?
I never said they were similar. They are very different. I asked if you owned either one. You don’t but still have a strong opinion because you’ve seen them.
Yes. It is like comparing the Losi Ten DB pro and the Maxx, two different trucks. If you want a monster truck, don't buy a desert buggy :LOL: it is as simple than that.
Yep. One belongs on a track. One belongs in a gravel pit beating piles.

I never said they were similar. They are very different. I asked if you owned either one. You don’t but still have a strong opinion because you’ve seen them.

Not sure what your problem is but "strong opinion" is not what I would classify what I wrote. What did I write that is incorrect? Seriously. You are comparing a 1/5 scale desert buggy to a 1/6 scale plastic monster truck. I'm all ears. I don't need to own either to know they are completely different vehicles and what I wrote is accurate. The fact that you own them both and can't concede this fact make me think you either have a real problem with me or you are clueless. I've read enough of your posts to know you're are far from clueless so I'll go with you have an issue with me. Fair enough. Is this because I picked on Canada? ?

Yep and to be honest it was fine stock, and lighter. The last thing you want to do to a big RC car is add more weight :ROFLMAO:
Yeah that's why I don't add all that crazy aluminum stuff that some people add to their xmaxx. That probably makes it more prone to breaking the chassis and everything else that is not aluminum. Not to mention that it is very expensive to do so.

I think the similarity is 'large'. That's about where it starts - and stops.

And you have the Pro .. it needs a (much larger) sibling. :)
I'll probably buy one tomorrow if my LHS has one in stock! It's only money, right?! ?

I don’t think I’d be jumping a 1/6 or 1/5 scale all that high since that’s a lot of weight that hits the ground. I’m looking more for the overall wow factor but want a good truck with good diffs, suspension and all that. The dbxle 2.0 is way out of my price range.

Brand spankin new, the X is 899. The DBXL (gas) is also 899. The 'E' is $200 more. Owners are racing, jumping and playing with each .. and they are all impressive. I've had the X probably 15-20' up - and it's awesome! What's even better is that it can take it. The DBXL will stay a little closer to the ground for now. :)

Last edited:
I don’t think I’d be jumping a 1/6 or 1/5 scale all that high since that’s a lot of weight that hits the ground. I’m looking more for the overall wow factor but want a good truck with good diffs, suspension and all that. The dbxle 2.0 is way out of my price range.
Why not? Rcsparks does it all the time with his Losi 5IVE T and that is bigger than the DBXLE.
And to think this video is 8 years old and the 5IVE T is now on V2.0.

Don't tell this to Thomas, he beat everything on huge piles :ROFLMAO:

Why not? Rcsparks does it all the time with his Losi 5IVE T and that is bigger than the DBXLE.

Stephane Z do pretty nice jumps with his Losi too :

I’m looking more for the overall wow factor but want a good truck with good diffs, suspension and all that. The dbxle 2.0 is way out of my price range.

I don't own the K8S and the Xmaxx, but from what i see both can have the wow factor. The Xmaxx will more act like a monster truck, the K8S is between a buggy and a monster (in size the K8S is same than a 1/5 buggy). From what i see (there is so much information on internet or youtube videos), i prefer the drivetrain of the K8S out of the box, i think i don't do a mistake by saying that i never saw somebody breaking a diff. on the K8S like with the Xmaxx. But the Xmaxx drivetrain can do the job, depend what you do with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back