Slick's Axial SCX24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Saturday I went up to the LHS to pick up some paint for one of my bodies and ended up walking out with an Axial SCX24 1967 Chevy.

20200328_152936.jpg

Everything that was in the box sans packaging.
20200328_153459.jpg

Included transmitter is the Axial AX-4 2.4ghz radio. It uses 4 AA batteries(that are included)
20200328_153528.jpg

Simple controls. The low medium high switch actually functions.
20200328_153532.jpg

Little baggy with the light bar in it.
20200328_153548.jpg

A usb balance plug charger.
20200328_153555.jpg

The manual, some spare parts and the 4 AA batteries.
20200328_153601.jpg

Body off shot and the 2 in 1 AE-6 esc/rx.
20200328_153731.jpg

The included 350mah 2s lipo.
20200328_153807.jpg

Tiny little motor.
20200328_154022.jpg

Light bar all installed.
20200328_155703.jpg

All of the screws are SAE.

I had to trim the front fenders as the tires kept hitting.

Shocks are not good.

Going to install the Hot Racing shocks, brass diff covers, brass front knuckles and the brass wheel weights.

Last edited:
If I can send to you lipos easily, I have so many in this spec that I'm not using. Like a stupid ton of em. I'll make photos and see if you need any.
I have some that I think might fit, 1500mah.

-edit- Nevermind they are way too big.

teaser. Sorry, very bad images and I'll try harder if youre interested. Those just came out of packaging. Never used
I know I've done a terrible job. /Cleaning the phone screen.

1585543302745.png

I'll give this sh*t away if it helps. I made so many mistakes trying to want and love fpv flight. The community was the first thing to turn me off. I have stuff I don't need and Im embarrassed to've spent so crazy but it is what it be.

Last edited:
teaser. Sorry, very bad images and I'll try harder if youre interested. Those just came out of packaging. Never used
I know I've done a terrible job. /Cleaning the phone screen.

View attachment 72261
I'll give this sh*t away if it helps. I made so many mistakes trying to want and love fpv flight. The community was the first thing to turn me off. I have stuff I don't need and Im embarrassed to've spent so crazy but it is what it be.
Max thickness is 10mm.

Nice little rig you got there dude. I was never interested in the mini RC/mini crawler thing but with the quarantine stuff it's got me a little interested. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

I too was hit with FPV race drone obsession for a while but I have slowly come down from it mostly due to opportunities to go flying are much fewer than opportunities to go bash RC cars, and to really enjoy FPV you have to fly a ton to get better at it so my skills never came around as much as I was hoping. Also the community around it is hit/miss and it's definitely geared towards people who were already very familiar with all the tech that goes along with it and not so much for newbies. In the end I have way more stuff than I need for a hobby I am no longer doing but I am holding onto all the stuff I bought for it only because I invested in it so much. I think that someday I might get bored with RC cars and go back to it again but I don't see that happening if I'm honest.

These little buggers are awesome. I've had mine a week and love it. From what I've read adding oil to the shocks makes a world of difference and lifting them by changing the upper shock mount.

Love these things. Mine is mostly stock. I changed the shock mount location, added a bit of preload to each and trimmed the body. I've got he white jeep version. I'm curious to see how you like the hot racing stuff. I'm trying not to spend money on it too much but the brass stuff looks so nice

Love these things. Mine is mostly stock. I changed the shock mount location, added a bit of preload to each and trimmed the body. I've got he white jeep version. I'm curious to see how you like the hot racing stuff. I'm trying not to spend money on it too much but the brass stuff looks so nice
Mine only has one spot to mount the shocks, but I was able to find some clips to add some preload to the shocks, the springs in this are way too soft.

Mine only has one spot to mount the shocks, but I was able to find some clips to add some preload to the shocks, the springs in this are way too soft.

I don't know if yours will be the same exactly but you can see in the pic where i relocated them too. Whether it is an improvement or not is still to be determined but always fun to mess around.

Does yours lean to the back right corner? I had to add twice as much preload to the spring to get the thing to sit level.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_092402.jpg
    IMG_20200330_092402.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 99
I don't know if yours will be the same exactly but you can see in the pic where i relocated them too. Whether it is an improvement or not is still to be determined but always fun to mess around.

Does yours lean to the back right corner? I had to add twice as much preload to the spring to get the thing to sit level.
Oh okay I'll give that a try.

No mine doesn't lean.

And since I can't keep anything stock.

Hot Racing brass diff covers front and rear.
Hot Racing brass wheel weights front and rear.
Hot Racing brass front steering knuckles.
20200406_105146.jpg

And Hot Racing shocks front and rear.
20200406_105107.jpg

@slick2500 nice set up! How’s your servo holding up? Mine is twitching out now which I’ve read is a common issue. I picked up some 3D printed rock sliders for mine. Perfect for indoor courses. I’ve seen some people put the Jeep tires on these trucks which are bigger, might do that eventually. How’s the added weight helping with performance?

Attachments

• AC433C81-5D26-4D01-BC76-D0EBA47A41DA.jpeg
    AC433C81-5D26-4D01-BC76-D0EBA47A41DA.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 82
  • F1C067C2-8012-45E9-90B2-8CD6B5CB3212.jpeg
    F1C067C2-8012-45E9-90B2-8CD6B5CB3212.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 98
I want one of these, and so does my boy. They are hard to find in stock right now, but I suspect I'll have a pair of them soon-ish. If they ever come back in stock, anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back