What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't shoegoo and drywall tape work better? Can't beat the Frankenstein look though.
Once the body is split, the tape and goo isn't strong enough to hold it in extreme conditions. That method is a proactive measure. Once split, you need a way to reconnect the two parts. Like @olds97_lss uses, the rivets with a good backer would be most capable. The zip ties eventually tear through as well, but they look bada$$ until they do.
I used to do that, but the rivets with a backer worked best. I also tried little wire loops, which was time consuming and didn't work as well as zipties.

Kind of funny... I bought rivets and a rivet gun just for this. lol!
I've used the rivet method as well, but lining up the holes in the plastic piece on the inside has to be spot on. I got frustrated with bad attempts and went zip tie from then on.

Once the body is split, the tape and goo isn't strong enough to hold it in extreme conditions. That method is a proactive measure. Once split, you need a way to reconnect the two parts. Like @olds97_lss uses, the rivets with a good backer would be most capable. The zip ties eventually tear through as well, but they look bada$$ until they do.

I've used the rivet method as well, but lining up the holes in the plastic piece on the inside has to be spot on. I got frustrated with bad attempts and went zip tie from then on.

Yeah, I was able to do it because the body didn't break completely, so I used duct tape to hold the piece on the body and the body together along with a couple clamps (one on each side of the split) until I drilled holes. That seemed to make it less irritating then trying to hold everything just so while drilling.

I used to do that, but the rivets with a backer worked best. I also tried little wire loops, which was time consuming and didn't work as well as zipties.

Kind of funny... I bought rivets and a rivet gun just for this. lol!
Me too :ROFLMAO:

About time I did this on my Talion! ?

Note to self, don't try triple backflips when the wingmount is already gone and you only have a short run-up. ?

Already straightened back out...
20201205_133917.jpg

Did this number yesterday..... Bad landing on left rear wheel off the new ramp? Rear suspension hangers are snapped and toast, hinge pin bent to absolute $hit, shock standoff screw snapped and possibly bent shock shaft, haven't checked it yet. New ramp has some good pop though was clearing my roof over the front deck ? a good 12-15ft high ?
Screenshot_20201204-132230.png

IMG_20201204_131301069.jpg

IMG_20201204_131318079.jpg

Here's video of it and then maiden run on my chassis up build seeing as I could just grab what I needed off the broken K6s to finish it and at least empty the packs from before the Carnage

Thanks @Doom! Check out and subscribe to my channel I appreciate all the support for sure!! Think I'm up to a whopping 26 subs ? but I don't get a lot of exposure besides what I post here lol.

The T Bone front bumper. Not sure where the piece that broke off landed, but the Typhon was all good accept for a bruise on the top of the lid. I grazed that snow bank on the left and the bumper must have wedged into it. Flipped a few times before coming to a stop on its roof.
20201206_144322.jpg
20201206_144247.jpg

Help I only have front wheel drive and I don't know why. :ROFLMAO:

I must have hit the berm just right because the car came off sideways and rolling end over end through the air. Then it landed very hard on the right rear, also broke the a arm and pretty sure the diff is toast.

20201206_145648.jpg

20201206_145653.jpg

I found this free Integy bumper for the Summit.
20201206_170021.jpg

The T Bone front bumper. Not sure where the piece that broke off landed, but the Typhon was all good accept for a bruise on the top of the lid. I grazed that snow bank on the left and the bumper must have wedged into it. Flipped a few times before coming to a stop on its roof.
Ouch, I guess the new body is officially christened now. I just realized how great your new paint job will blend into the snow. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Son’s ECX Amp. He ran it 30 seconds and hit a curb.Broke the mount for the front left arm and lost the hinge pin. Not that hard, it must have already been cracked.
View attachment 112807
That seems to be a common thing on the amp, too bad the Hot Racing one for the Ruckus doesn't fit the amp :(

Pretty grody in there, first time this has been opened since 2018.
20201206_235031.jpg

Back