What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hearing you.
How does dirt get inside the motor? It's anyone's guess at this point.
Yep, cleaned out the 2050 motor today and replaced bearings. Not the dirtiest I've seen but enough to do damage if left in there. Looked at it for a while thinking HTF. And not just dust but large grains of sand.

Last edited:
I'm hearing you.

Yep, cleaned out the 2050 motor today and replaced bearings. Not the dirtiest I've seen but enough to do damage if left in there. Looked at it for a while thinking HTF. And not just dust but large grains of sand.
What bearings do I need to order? Do you go with ceramic for that application or just sealed?

What bearings do I need to order? Do you go with ceramic for that application or just sealed?
I buy hybrid ceramic motor bearings from TRBRC. I cannot remember what size the bearings are off the top of my head.

I know some woman with teeth like this ???

IMG_20201207_235144_536.jpg

Since Sunday, broke the wing on the DBXLE, slammed the Infraction into a curb sideways and pretty much have to replace the entire right side from front to back including axle driveshafts (bent in a V shape) .. and lost the center driveshaft pin on the DB Pro (RWD only at the moment).

Finally getting the carnage fixed from last week's breakages testing out the new ramp... Good news though have everything to fix her up and rear diff is still perfect after shimming inside and out the last time?
IMG_20201211_163444897.jpg

Snapped another Tekno end on the outcast shocks. Ordered a new set of shocks and will be putting the HD Nero ends on it with the tekno hard anno'd balls in them for next spring. The shocks on this thing are from 2018 when I bought it. I replaced a couple springs and the ends repeatedly. They are getting pretty beat up and bent. Cost more to buy new shafts, pistons, seals, end caps than it would probably just to buy all new.

Killed my MM2 esc caps were swollen and had crud all over them. Gonna send it in to Castle and see what kind of a deal they give me on a new one.

I just noticed this on the Marauder.... the top plate is supposed to be flat.
20201211_205538.jpg

Ahhhhh nuts. Anyone recommend a decent replacement? Needs to be beefy I'm an aggressive driver at best

View attachment 113598
RPM A arms for the win! I recently had a bad landing from about 15ft high and busted my rear suspension mounts, shock standoff screw, bent hinge pin to $hit but my RPM arm didn't budge still perfect ?
Screenshot_20201204-132230.png

IMG_20201211_163444897.jpg

Here's the video of the gnarly landing one the left rear wheel

Thanks. Got them ?
RPM A arms for the win! I recently had a bad landing from about 15ft high and busted my rear suspension mounts, shock standoff screw, bent hinge pin to $hit but my RPM arm didn't budge still perfect ?
View attachment 113599
View attachment 113600
Here's the video of the gnarly landing one the left rear wheel
Haha wow! Looks beautiful where you live, we don't have mountains like that in England. I bought the blue ones same as you. Your Kraton had such a smaller turning circle than mine. Have you changed something or is your receiver more responsive. I'm using the standard one still

Last edited:
Thanks. Got them ?

Haha wow! Looks beautiful where you live, we don't have mountains like that in England. I bought the blue ones same as you. Your Kraton had such a smaller turning circle than mine. Have you changed something or is your receiver more responsive. I'm using the standard one still
Thanks I love my beautiful property and the area I live in! I've played with the steering rate on the transmitter, also depends what rig. My Red White and Blue K6s (one that broke in the video) I run the backflip lp tires which are a bit narrower as well so it tightens up turning a little, and I have the DumboRC transmitter which is way better than the stock STX2 on the v4 model. Play with your steering rate on the transmitter just don't crank it all the way up as you will burn out your servo.
Fried my ESC. And spent half hour looking for threads to determine if im better off getting another BLX 100 or something else.
*search function IS NOT as easy to use as some claim lol
Depends on how much you want to spend and what type of driving you do. If you just bash like myself I'd suggest just a new BLX100 from JennysRC. If you do more speed runs then might look into a quicrun10 https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...s=eto:8232611441069921072_0,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

Last edited:
Thanks I love my beautiful property and the area I live in! I've played with the steering rate on the transmitter, also depends what rig. My Red White and Blue K6s (one that broke in the video) I run the backflip lp tires which are a bit narrower as well so it tightens up turning a little, and I have the DumboRC transmitter which is way better than the stock STX2 on the v4 model. Play with your steering rate on the transmitter just don't crank it all the way up as you will burn out your servo.

Depends on how much you want to spend and what type of driving you do. If you just bash like myself I'd suggest just a new BLX100 from JennysRC. If you do more speed runs then might look into a quicrun10 https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...s=eto:8232611441069921072_0,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1
Thanks dude! Will do

Back