What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! What an honor???!!!🤣 There's just too many people to thank, but I'll have to go with @Notorious J for the incredibly high standard of destruction 😂😂
BTW, I got done resurrecting Frank last night (sans mudguards 🤕👎) & put a gyro in to help with my wonky throttle/ steering inputs. Oh yeah, & put my new lid on it too! Thanks @Ajag 👍👍

20220602_030449.jpg

20220602_030320.jpg

20220602_030234.jpg

Well that was one heck of a month of destruction. Talk about stepping up the "break it" game. Even I got in on the party this month, but not nearly as much as the likes of @Moonstonemike, @Infraction666, @Michael24, @rjinaz and even the godfather @TpPartsRcXtreme. Props to you and all who contributed with valiant efforts in May. It's been a while since I've had so much to look back on. @slick2500 even broke his glasses when there were no rc's left to wreck. Couple of good hits taken too (June has an early entry for damage to one's self). It was tough and in the end, I've declared a tie for the month of May. @real_name_hidden's luck went from bad to worse from April to May, and the damage count proves it. @joshludden did a number on his Typhon but what's worst of all, he lost his @Notorious J sticker that he put on the mud guard! That alone should have clinched the top honor for the month, but between the two of them, it was too hard for me to call out a lone winner. So congratulations (I think) to both of you for receiving top honors is this month's WDYBT challenge!View attachment 221150
It was an honor just to be nominated😁.
Congratulations @real_name_hidden and @joshludden 👍👍

Last edited:
While visiting with family this weekend, took the BRCC out for a quick run at a local park. Decided to go stir up some dust on a ball diamond, didn't realize they had posts sticking up to mark the bases! 🤦🏼‍♂️ My Big Rock found one and after some violent cartwheels all she suffered was a broken shock. After a search for the spring made a quick field repair with Gorilla Glue, will see how she holds up till I get home.
20220603_173713_HDR.jpg
20220603_173739_HDR.jpg
20220603_175508_HDR.jpg
20220603_175515.jpg

While visiting with family this weekend, took the BRCC out for a quick run at a local park. Decided to go stir up some dust on a ball diamond, didn't realize they had posts sticking up to mark the bases! 🤦🏼‍♂️ My Big Rock found one and after some violent cartwheels all she suffered was a broken shock. After a search for the spring made a quick field repair with Gorilla Glue, will see how she holds up till I get home.
View attachment 221511View attachment 221512View attachment 221513View attachment 221514
Unscrew the nut on the top of shock to take the spring off, makes it easier to work on the shock😉.

Unscrew the nut on the top of shock to take the spring off, makes it easier to work on the shock😉.
I love zip ties! 😂 It was just a quick fix to get me through today. Will order some 6s replacements when I get back home tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully, will get it fixed before we leave for RC Fest next weekend.

Not ideal, but it could have been a lot worse 😬
53B14EEE-A7C4-402D-8873-5C8DB4D02F9B.jpeg

No, this is not the brand new 12’ rotary cutter I just picked up…. It’s the big 21’ rotary cutter that’s 4 yrs old.

Easy peasy fix. Just needs a new primary driveshaft. PTO output shaft is unscathed along with everything else.

My son & I took the Senton out today to a nearby baseball field for a little mud bash. It's been raining pretty heavy for the last couple days, but we finally got a break today. We took the trucks through some mild puddles and wet baseball clay. Long story short, once the first lipo pack died I went to change the battery and noticed both the ESC & motor fan stopped working. I'm hoping once everything dries out completely they'll come back to life :cry:

That cheap M2C junk 😉😆. What did you do to break it? Run it over with a tank?
Let's just say the bigger the air, the harder it is to land a short wheelbase gracefully.

I used this thing to learn how to jump when i got back into rc 2 years ago. I've stomped a few clean landings. But I've crashed it at least 10x for every clean landing.

It's taken quite a few trips and flips over the garage, and sent many 60+ footers at the sledding hill.

I basically treat it like a scud missile.

Servo in my MLB/Cubs Infraction, my fault I used short pretty red screws to hold it down. Unknown to myself they came out servo arm reversed and the servo is now dead. I should of inspected it better before running I suspect they were already missing. I run it monthly as it is not a shelf Queen.

Heard the dreaded zzzzzzzz sound this morning while ripping around. Motor obviously spinning but not moving. Took it inside to inspect. Apparently one of the bolts that go into the motor mount plate had broken/sheared off. It's flush w/ the end of the motor too so there's nothing to grab onto. Guess I'll need to get a screw extractor. Could I just take the end of the motor off & get to it from the other side?

20220605_115657.jpg

20220605_115812.jpg

Heard the dreaded zzzzzzzz sound this morning while ripping around. Motor obviously spinning but not moving. Took it inside to inspect. Apparently one of the bolts that go into the motor mount plate had broken/sheared off. It's flush w/ the end of the motor too so there's nothing to grab onto. Guess I'll need to get a screw extractor. Could I just take the end of the motor off & get to it from the other side?

View attachment 221762

View attachment 221763
Yup, and if you can't get it out you can just rotate the front of the motor so you are lined up with the other 2 holes.

Yup, and if you can't get it out you can just rotate the front of the motor so you are lined up with the other 2 holes.
Yep, think I'll just have to turn it to use the other 2 holes. Took the top of the motor off, but the screw is flush w/ the inside too. Thanks for the input 👍

First time bashing in a construction site with my son. I broke almost everything I jumped off a huge dirt mound, except the Maxx V2 that my son was driving (he beat the crap out of it but it drove away). He did break my Typhon 6s truggified (shock stand) the first time he jumped that huge mound. I broke the Sketer front steering link, Mojave rear driveshaft popped out (possible broken arm), and the the bullet on my Max 5 came off in my EXB K8S (I was doing double backflips and other crazy stuff).
Pictures of the K8S aftermath 🤣:

20220605_211828.jpg
20220605_211834.jpg
20220605_211916.jpg
20220605_211921.jpg

Went out to the parking lot by my house with the typhotank for a quick bash around (mix of blacktop, gravel & concrete- brutal but fun!). Must've gotten a pebble stuck in there or something, & while not technically broken the rear diff outdrive cup is absolutely shredded! Not really trying/ wanting to "win" this thing 2 months in a row!!🤣🤣🤣
Should I keep running like this or replace it? Just cosmetic @ this point?

20220606_192650.jpg

20220606_192231.jpg

Last edited:
Had a freak accident yesterday with my BRCC testing out my new pro-line trenchers. I hit the edge of a paving slab at about 35mph, it flipped the car and broke a whole hella stuff. 😭

So far I've found
- cracked/bent front skid plate
- front battery support broke and left a hole in the chassis
- lipo battery pack damaged
- 3D printed motor support shattered into pieces
- screw holding the motor support pierced the motor but not all the way through
- bent motor mount
That's all I've found so far, dreading to see what else is damaged. I really think the center brace took a lot of the impact like my wallet is today

Back