What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really nice. Is that bottom plate just loose? How much you want to make and ship me one LOL.
It's loose until I drill and bolt it to the lip once I get it back to the farm and in the field it's gonna live in. Hopefully this will help solve the problem of killing patches of grass wherever I put ramps out.
As far as making more to sell....
I already comanage 2 businesses and couldn't imagine taking on a 3rd at this time. .......Maybe...... after 1st Q of '19 and we can hire some more bodies to free up more of my time, I'd be willing to entertain starting something RC specific (mainly for you guys here).....But that'll only happen when I know I can give the level of customer service and quick turnaround that I would demand of myself to be successful.

I didn't forget about your questions, I just hadn't had time to mess with it until this morning. All done except for paint she weighs in at 40.8lbs and fits perfectly in between the wheel wells of a F250

View attachment 24951View attachment 24952View attachment 24953View attachment 24955View attachment 24954
Very nice construction and details!
40# isn't bad at all. This is a super looking ramp!
If you would be so kind to share, and if I were able to get a friend to do the work, what could I expect to pay for materials?

I literally pulled everything minus the hardware out of scrap material left over from previous projects or one of 6 scrap bins that are floating around the shop. If I had to guess...I'd say.... $100-130 in material. I buy in bulk so it's hard to say for pricing by the piece.

Half a sheet (4x4) of expanded metal, about 30' of 3/4" .065 wall tubing and the rest was little pieces of whatever I had closest at the time.

I literally pulled everything minus the hardware out of scrap material left over from previous projects or one of 6 scrap bins that are floating around the shop. If I had to guess...I'd say.... $100-130 in material. I buy in bulk so it's hard to say for pricing by the piece.

Half a sheet (4x4) of expanded metal, about 30' of 3/4" .065 wall tubing and the rest was little pieces of whatever I had closest at the time.
Excellent. I spent probably $75 on my wooden ramp that has to be kept out of the elements and probably weighs 65# with 2x4s to get the transition right. My old man has sources for industrial engineering machinists and fabricators and I bet I can get it done for food trade-out or at least wholesale cost of goods. ;)(y)

Looks nice. Gotta figure out how to install this. Not sure how everything is supposed to go together.
20181208_174800.jpg

Some 12mm adapters showed up for my BRCC to get at HR 6mm offset / extenders to 17mm and MX2.8 Badlands (all shipped and on the way).
Also trying some dirt-cheap tennis racket grip tape on my radios. First wrap didn't come out as nice but I know how to do it better now.
Rain and bad weather = many projects to get done when I get a break from work. I hope to get several things done tomorrow across the fleet.

12mm hubs.jpg
tennis grip.jpg

I didn't forget about your questions, I just hadn't had time to mess with it until this morning. All done except for paint she weighs in at 40.8lbs and fits perfectly in between the wheel wells of a F250

View attachment 24951View attachment 24952View attachment 24953View attachment 24955View attachment 24954
Wow! Pretty impressive ramp!

Wow! Pretty impressive ramp!

Look what got delivered today! T-bone mods
3B28C552-ED55-457A-BDB2-1A01DDA672F1.jpeg

For nephew since since uncle had such a female dog of a time with my brake job on the wrx today ;)

tra58094-1-slvr.jpg

- Traxxas Ford raptor body (slash)
- Traxxas for raptor bumper (slash)
- atomik 17mm wheel hexes
- aluminum shocks (slash)
- jx pdi- 6221mg servo
- 1/8 buggy knock off badlands wheels/tires like on my senton build

Well, my 6s Typhon has arrived and it's just as fine as can be! She'll have to chill until the weather cooperates. ??‍♂️♥?????

Also grabbed the 6mm offset hub adapters (WH17HS01) for my BigRockCC, the MX2.8 Badlands are here for it too. Aaand yet another wing mount for my Talion that I'll be soakin in wd40 this go. Plus a set of mudguards for the Noto, some screens to cover esc / motor fans recommended here and that JX PDI-6221MG servo to try on a 1:10 vehicle...prolly the BigRockCC.

typhon 6s 12.13.jpg
stuff 12.13.jpg

I bought another pocket knife... I have like 7 of them now and I don't even use them for anything as I hate carrying stuff in my pockets. At least this one was cheap, the Opinel no6 carbon steel folding lock blade.
Knives and led flashlights are my weakness. I've literally got an entire junk drawer full of them. I'm not sure why.

Back