What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops! Lol.

20240328_131018.jpg

20240328_131116.jpg

It's so hard to turn down a good deal. Horizon got me twice with Truck Month. View attachment 357425
Those things are awesome. I got one from another member here last year with all of the necessary upgrades. You’ll enjoy the heck out of this!

Those things are awesome. I got one from another member here last year with all of the necessary upgrades. You’ll enjoy the heck out of this!
People seem to either love or hate those Lasernuts, that's what's kept me away. I love the way they look, but for every person that's had a good experience, it seems like two have had negative experiences.

People seem to either love or hate those Lasernuts, that's what's kept me away. I love the way they look, but for every person that's had a good experience, it seems like two have had negative experiences.
The steering system blows goats right out of the box, and a couple other suspension issues need to be upgraded as they’re apparently made of glass at the factory. But once those things are addressed they are one of the best handling rigs you’re ever going to meet.

The steering system blows goats right out of the box, and a couple other suspension issues need to be upgraded as they’re apparently made of glass at the factory. But once those things are addressed they are one of the best handling rigs you’re ever going to meet.
That's good to hear, especially from a reliable source such as yourself instead of a disgruntled customer lol. Can't wait to see what @Xjeepguy does with his! 🍻

I had the black one before. I broke it repeatedly, and finally did a full build on it, then sold it. I missed having one. Turns out, I was asking more of it than it was designed for. I just got it, changed out the receiver, installed the speed pinion, then ran out an entire 7500mah 4s, with no breakage! The key is, I now drive it as a scale vehicle, just like my UDR. I used to try to bash my black one, and that was no bueno. I just had more fun than I've had in a while just ripping around, hill climbing, bouncing over some rocks and wreaking havoc. I love this thing.

Yep, I used to badmouth my old one. It's just not a Basher. She's more afraid a field hopper.

That's good to hear, especially from a reliable source such as yourself instead of a disgruntled customer lol. Can't wait to see what @Xjeepguy does with his! 🍻
I will probably upgrade the steering servo (Raw 500 of course) and a few upgrades and tweaks to the suspension, and that'll be it. It's awesome out of the box. I'll try to find pics of the build I did on my old one.

@305HemiGuy These are all the pics I could find of it.
3586832A-9901-4B33-9960-00ADD2C76F51.jpeg
CA12E95C-1218-4D6F-853A-5C983EA5ADC0.jpeg

Last edited:
My first car was a Ford cost me $300.
94 Cavalier RS. $400. Good times!

When did this come out? I never even heard of it.
Apparently Dec?

I haven't before today lol.

I saw it at Best Buy while looking for a sound bar. Lol. Thankfully my wife is a good sport.

94 Cavalier RS. $400. Good times!

Apparently Dec?

I haven't before today lol.

I saw it at Best Buy while looking for a sound bar. Lol. Thankfully my wife is a good sport.
How much was it?

94 Cavalier RS. $400. Good times

I had one. Was my second car. Aqua blue 3.1 v6 and one of the quickest cars I ever owned. Never had the highest speeds but man could she accelerate! Mine was auto and I loved the fact that I could smoke a Mustang easily.

Until the Mazda I have now. Engage sport mode and its like going warp speed...

You going to try to seal that module up? :cool:
If I still have problems after these solutions then that'll be my next step. I think the new smaller/lighter motor along with the new motor mount should do the trick. I think the 3674 can in there now is just too big and heavy to stay still and not shift upon impacts.

If I still have problems after these solutions then that'll be my next step. I think the new smaller/lighter motor along with the new motor mount should do the trick. I think the 3674 can in there now is just too big and heavy to stay still and not shift upon impacts.
If the motor plate bends or the motor shifts for sure but if I were to guess what the #1 death of spurs/pinions/motors/bearings are on the 3S line its dirt and debris. That power module is like a vacuum cleaner.

I also have an upgraded motor plate because we bent the last one but if we can keep the debris 100% out that power module seems to do just fine. (y)

Probably depends on where you drive too.

Back