What did you buy today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My go-to workhorse and all around most run off-road Typhon 6s gets some new shoes! I’m really looking forward to trying these out. Anybody have feedback on them? I’ve tried the 2.8’s and 3.8’s in the PL MX series, but never the buggy tires.
IMG_3287.jpeg

My go-to workhorse and all around most run off-road Typhon 6s gets some new shoes! I’m really looking forward to trying these out. Anybody have feedback on them? I’ve tried the 2.8’s and 3.8’s in the PL MX series, but never the buggy tires.
View attachment 361445
They're my favorite so far, should be great

I finally found a solution to the charging cables on my D300 being too short to work with my Bat-Safe. The cables that came with my D2300 are only 7 inches long, and I ordered extensions. After two days of searching, I found these 12-inch charging cables so I don't have to use extensions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176275819096

View attachment 361445
I too bought some for my Typhon 6s a while back but never fitted them. Still new. Hopefully I'll try them soon.

Gave up on my Porsche RWB build 🤷‍♂️ making the Deltaplastic body fit was just irritating. I was about to buy Joostin's infraction and realized I had basically 60% of the car on my bench. Quick hop to Jenny's and I should be up and running with a street basher shortly! Decided to go with the Bittydesign Jota, we'll see how well I do with that! 😬

View attachment 361445
Love badlands from years ago and still do. Loved them so much I put them on that about 4 years ago.

IMG_0892.JPG

Gave up on my Porsche RWB build 🤷‍♂️ making the Deltaplastic body fit was just irritating. I was about to buy Joostin's infraction and realized I had basically 60% of the car on my bench. Quick hop to Jenny's and I should be up and running with a street basher shortly! Decided to go with the Bittydesign Jota, we'll see how well I do with that! 😬
Sorry to hear that, I was really looking forward to seeing that thing! What issues were you having with the Delta body? I have one already that will be fitted to one of my nephews trucks that he wants to convert to a street basher.

Sorry to hear that, I was really looking forward to seeing that thing! What issues were you having with the Delta body? I have one already that will be fitted to one of my nephews trucks that he wants to convert to a street basher.
I had elaborate plans to wrap a plate under the chassis to cover the felony front/rear splitter/diffuser protrusions sticking below the chassis and provide side support as well. Doing that by hand was a pain and my thermo-former at work wasn't long enough. I needed to add the fender flairs to the delta body which was again, heating and hand forming 1.5mm lexan which was coming out very poorly, and returning to it and heating again would relax the material and I'd end up starring over, let a lone making them uniform. Ultimately the delta body had coarse detail, the rwb wing was going to be a project and then one crash and it's a lot of labor wasted. No longer fun and RC cars need to either pay rent or provide fun for me. Building this parts bin rig into the infraction it was so close to being and just running it became the better choice. Also one delta plastic porsche body for sale lol

I bought a a used 4985 HW motor for like $62 off Ebay. It spins OK and it's in pretty good shape. Better than brand new pricking 😅. It even came with a partial motor mount and some kind of pinion 😂
View attachment 361707View attachment 361708View attachment 361709
I too have been looking out for good deals on used Hobbywing components. I can't believe I bought a used Max6 for only $90aud and it was like new. I have been using it for speed runs and works fine.

Last edited:
Ordered my first Promodeler servo. It's the one made specifically for the Xmaxx/XRT, they call the "porkbelly". Gonna throw it into Big Chungus, and if I like it, I'll get one for the XRT.

Also got it it's own 4s battery and tray. This thing has better be worth it. Lol
Screenshot_20240419_064441_Edge.jpg
Screenshot_20240419_070319_Gmail.jpg

View attachment 361445
They’re the best off road buggy tires available. Smart move getting the dish wheels. The spoke wheel version breaks easily but the dish are strong.

They’re the best off road buggy tires available. Smart move getting the dish wheels. The spoke wheel version breaks easily but the dish are strong.
I got them yesterday, really looking forward to trying them. They’re not cheap, I hope they last a little while. I didn’t have a lot of bash time last season and still smoked two sets of factory Typhon tires. No blowouts or glue issues, just plain wore them out. I’ll definitely be finding out. My stock Typhon goes out almost 100% of the time when any batteries are charged.

I got them yesterday, really looking forward to trying them. They’re not cheap, I hope they last a little while. I didn’t have a lot of bash time last season and still smoked two sets of factory Typhon tires. No blowouts or glue issues, just plain wore them out. I’ll definitely be finding out. My stock Typhon goes out almost 100% of the time when any batteries are charged.
Proline tires to seem wear really well. I'm running trenchers that are about 2.5 years old with plenty of tread left. I really like those Badlands you picked up for your buggy, they should have tons of bite. 👍

Typhon is such a great all-around basher. Those tires wear well on any off-road terrain. But beware, they do wear down quickly on pavement.

I’ll best that’s awesome. It’s funny, I just bought the cheapest windows laptop I could find to run Real Flight and the Castle software. I’m sure my results will vary! 😂
This sounds pretty interesting :unsure: I feel a trip down another rabbit hole coming soon...

Back