What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been working on this the past week and finally finished up yesterday after getting the body painted.

Mugen Seiki MBX8 ECO buggy
TEKIN RX8 Gen3 1900kv motor
ProTek 170SBL
Sanwa M12S-RS/RX-482

Now I’m etting ready to run it in the local club race this weekend.

056A06A9-5079-4E3A-83E2-927601F1B7BF.jpeg
E9D3307A-57B5-45C6-A0DC-ED3AAB0D90D1.jpeg
925C96FF-923D-47F3-BD14-3A30A652859B.jpeg
4851BF71-940F-4C1E-8A9D-3E9D7CAC5AFC.jpeg
1C267568-B811-48F2-A98F-CB711844018C.jpeg

Just finished wrapping my tires with 4 wraps per trench with 70lb Kevlar braided string. I put a bead of thin CA all the way around on the string and it soaked it up. I also put CA against the string on the tire to hopefully adhere it. Was tedious going around all the tires with a q-tip and DA to clean the trenches in the trenchers.

2019-0328-ProlineTrencher3.8-KevlarLine.jpg

Those are the ones off my ERBEv1. The ones I had on the outcast had one really out of balance that was noticeable on 4S. Not sure if it's out of balance or of something wonky is going on with the foam. I'll spin them all on my balancer at some point to check and apply lead tape where needed.

I balanced this set before installing on the ERBEv1 but I used clay vs lead tape. I got the lead tape later. Will see how they do on the outcast with 6S... hopefully this weekend.

gotta put back on a slider axel luckly I broke the part that I already had in stock so its just a matter of swapping parts, but I still have caster blocks and carriers to install too..

Kinda taking a break from RC tho starting to get a little burnt out on buying/replacing poop all the time, I just wanna take the car out one time without something falling out off or just leaving this universe never to be found again...

Also I wanna swap the back bumper and put that fiddlesticker on the front cuz I think that's gonna look better.

and I gotta work on some ebay listings so I can make some monies so I can buy more crap I don't need.

What kind of knot do you guys use, when tying the string? I'm not a good knot tier.

I used square knots. I made a single loop around the tire, tied a knot and left extra string on the other side of the knot, then wrapped the tire 4 times with the 70lb kevlar kite string, then tied another square knot with the end and the pigtail so it was all snug. I found that wrapping the string 3-4 times then putting the square knot helped keep it snug while I finished the knot and held it with my finger.

Then I trimmed the line and CA's the knots as well as run a bead along the entire perimeter of the string to soak in and went back to run a thine line of glue next to the string where it touched the tire so it would adhere to the tire.

Hopefully will see how it holds up tomorrow to 6S.

Did a check, I guess what I ended up with was a surgeons knot:
X2604-K-09.png

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/surgeon's+knot

Should have known it had a name. lol!

You can use the stickers to hold the bumper together ;)
I knew you would say something like that?. I plan to make @bicketybam a born again T-Bone user! Follow me to the promised land Ed! T-Bone, T-Bone, T-Bone, T-Bone......

Just some light maintenance?. Fast Eddy sealed bearings, waiting for a new wing mount, replacing diff oils to 60k front, 100k center, and 30k rear.

Had to drill out a couple motor mount screws, no damage to the mount or the threads. Gonna put on the high speed gear and an aluminum servo mount.

After 3 packs of 6s and a bunch of 4s through it, only the wing mount is broken. The rear shock tower was slightly bent but some slight persuasion with a sledge hammer fixed it. ⚒

Eventually I'll waste some money on Voltage shock towers and front and rear brace.
20190403_031551.jpg

Just some light maintenance?. Fast Eddy sealed bearings, waiting for a new wing mount, replacing diff oils to 60k front, 100k center, and 30k rear.

Had to drill out a couple motor mount screws, no damage to the mount or the threads. Gonna put on the high speed gear and an aluminum servo mount.

After 3 packs of 6s and a bunch of 4s through it, only the wing mount is broken. The rear shock tower was slightly bent but some slight persuasion with a sledge hammer fixed it. ⚒

Eventually I'll waste some money on Voltage shock towers and front and rear brace.View attachment 34510
Is that a v2 or v4, if you plan on keeping the t2t brace, don't get new towers, just the chassis braces/supports, it's not a waste of money having good bracing.

Is that a v2 or v4, if you plan on keeping the t2t brace, don't get new towers, just the chassis braces/supports, it's not a waste of money having good bracing.
That's the V3 Kraton. When I end up getting the Voltage towers, I'll get rid of the t2t. For now, with the stock towers, it works pretty good.

That's the V3 Kraton. When I end up getting the Voltage towers, I'll get rid of the t2t. For now, with the stock towers, it works pretty good.
With the battery box pulled apart I wasn't sure if it was a v2. The voltage towers are awesome, but I just had to put my stock towers back on to fit the t2t it's sad seeing the towers just sitting there in a box.

Back