What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on pulling a hardcase lipo apart to resolder the negative lead. First one I've tried to pull apart and tougher than I thought it would be. That's a good thing.

I've read that some people use drill bit shafts, cut to size, as replacements. Can't find the thread, but it's just a matter of measuring the diameter of the pin with a caliper, and buying in bulk. I'll keep searching to see if I can find the thread.
I know what your talking about it's part of the bullet proofing the diffs videos and i had a hard time finding the right size drill bit locally it has to be like 2.2mm or some like that i think you have to order them so i just ordered the stock pins

Bent my chassis on my senton and ruined the rear left caster block.
E revo blew its tires...again..

Put the BRCC skid plate on, need bumper shocks or whatever those tings are now..

Put the steering screw back into the notorious which was not fun.. The hardware they sent don't match what came off the truck but its the right screw but wrong washer and nut.. *shrugs* I made it work after some trial and error..

Weather has me down, Kratom has me motivated, so Atm I've pulled the front diff off my notorious going to rebuild that, Then going to strip down the front suspension and Loctite the majority of that after I've had a screw fall out and the servo nut backing down to the chassis..

Then I'm considering pulling the motor and ESC and swapping it out for my MM2 combo but I may wait till my BEC comes and see how everything preforms with that before I make any drastic changes.

Going to pull the center and rear diffs as well and re fluid everything.

Diff maintenance
IMG_8783.JPG

Worked on my Senton 3s to Typhon convention. The only part I still don’t have are the longer links, so decided to rebuild the shocks in the mean time because one of them was leaking, found out it’s because the shock shaft is bent...

Tower don’t have the part in stock of course, so (as always) Jennys RC to the rescue.

My BB revo. Was installing a different set of HR rear rockers (that I didn't particularly care for, but all I could find alloy P2). I also put dubro 2319 ends on the shocks and replaced the upper rod ends on the pushrods, just used stock there though as I think they articulate too much with these rockers and the dubros will pop off.
2019-0124-RevoBB-HRRearRockers-Top-Dubro2319Ends.jpg

On my upper shock bolt, I have a heavy turnbuckle going to the rear body mount. Well, the HR rockers raised the bottom end of the shock and now it hits that turnbuckle, so I had to raise it. Which then didn't leave much bolt still going into plastic... so I got a longer bolt and figured I'd cut whatever stuck out the other side.

Forgot the nitro version of the revo has an alloy clamp wrapped around the bulkhead where that screw goes... as it got tight, I heard a "tink" sound. Snapped the motor mount ear right off.
2019-0124-RevoBB-BustedMotorMountBrace.jpg

I guess on a positive note, as I was removing the piece I broke, I found that the other piece was also broke. The cast aluminum braces just aren't up to snuff when running a big block. Too much weight to support on landings.

Always fun when "maintenance" takes way longer because your an idiot. lol!

Pulled and Re-built the rear? I think it was the rear.. Diff on the notorious and filled it with 100k fluid.

Pulled the Rear diff on the BRCC (Wow can we have to take off anymore poop to get at that fiddlesticking diff?) Filled that with 50k fluid, there was barely any inside of it.. Plastic outside housing/gear was a little surprising to see.

Pulled both camber links going to replace those as they were tore up from the incorrect setting.. new ones in a day or 3.

Gonna pull the front next prolly fill that with 50k as well...

Gotta replace one of the body mounts on the BRCC and then I think that's it for today unless I get new parts in.. Ooo I gotta replace the axel as well that should be here today.

EDIT:

Pulled the center diff on the notorious re-built that and filled that sucker with 500k w00t!

I'm done for the day that was way more diffs then i wanted to do lol

Last edited:
Getting my Kraton ready for the new chassis.

20190125_152940.jpg

I'm going strip down the front and rear ends and give it a good cleaning. Replace bearings as needed.

Getting my Kraton ready for the new chassis.

View attachment 28048

I'm going strip down the front and rear ends and give it a good cleaning. Replace bearings as needed.
Holy, there are so few things to take apart if all you're doing is switching. Way to go Arrma!

Holy, there are so few things to take apart if all you're doing is switching. Way to go Arrma!

Took me 20 minutes but I've done it like 4 times before. It's still super easy

Team associated 1/28 fpv and battery mod..

Attachments

• CBDE838D-413C-4FD4-9396-48C7FE38F073.jpeg
    CBDE838D-413C-4FD4-9396-48C7FE38F073.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 2EDE28EC-67C4-41D7-8279-0B592F08AF11.jpeg
    2EDE28EC-67C4-41D7-8279-0B592F08AF11.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 51
I wanna run my Yeti, and get in a proper test. The first run I had a lot of fun on, noticed a couple things that I needed to address for running in the snow (took care of that), but the first run after, about 3-5 min. in shattered one of my wheels (was plowing through some snow and ice, and just sliding around and drifting). It is possible the wheel may have already been cracked, and the cold just finished it off. Anyway, was able to salvage all 4 tires and foams, and got them all mounted into my beadlocks (which I like on here, because I gained an overall extra 1" of track width). Though, I may just throw on my 1/8 buggy Badlands onto my Senton 6s rally conversion, and rip around in that (everything is nicely plowed and packed hard, lol).

I have spent the last few weeks rebuilding 3 X Losi/TLR 8ight Buggies, a Losi/TLR 8ight Truggy, and a Kyosho Truggy all Nitro. I'm getting them ready for a family race day(this is just against each other not an organised race).

I've started to lose motivation to rebuild the Kraton, it has a clicking noise when breaking that I can't find. So I think I'll have to tear it down and rebuild all the diffs and check the drive line.
20190118_194616.jpg
20190113_081920.jpg
20190122_075253.jpg

Swapped ESC and Motor in my notorious for my MM2 combo (Blew the 185 esc... woops) so now im running castle woo woo...

Dropped down form a 12t to an 11t. I think this will be better for me when I wanna run 6s Least we'll see.

Now I just gotta glue it to the car.. the esc I mean.

Back