What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Camino!!! Love that car!
For the first time I pulled my granites slipper apart. Cleaned the bearings etc, sanded the pads and threw it back in. Then I tested it and it was like new, then the rear diff finally stripped out. So I threw in a new one as well as a hot racing yolk.

Finally shoo Gooed my vorteks shell. A loose dog at our neighborhood park got ahold of it briefly yesterday, so it was needed. All the crevices in the body made it a bit more difficult then normal, but it turned out good and proper.

Also changed out the ec3 connectors to ec5 on a few 2s lipos and then tested one in my wife’s big rock. They are perfect for her speed…shoulda done this months ago. I used the torch method and love it! Just 5 min per connector was all it took.

Last edited:
What is that a 68-69?
69, made in Fremont, CA. I need to dig through all the trim pieces. It has factory air & power windows, so it's not a base model. It's fairly likely an ss396, but it looks like a small block in there now. I have alot of mysteries to unravel...
El Camino!!! Love that car!
For the first time I pulled my granites slipper apart. Cleaned the bearings etc, sanded the pads and threw it back in. Then I tested it and it was like new, then the rear diff finally stripped out. So I threw in a new one as well as a hot racing yolk.

Finally shoo Gooed my vorteks shell. A loose dog at our neighborhood park got ahold of it briefly yesterday, so it was needed. All the crevices in the body made it a bit more difficult then normal, but it turned out good and proper.

Also changed out the ec3 connectors to ec5 on a few 2s lipos and then tested one in my wife’s big rock. They are perfect for her speed…shoulda done this months ago. I used the torch method and love it! Just 5 min per connector was all it took.
This was my dad's dream rod. He unfortunately died before he got it all done. Hopefully I can get it all up & running soon

Made a few changes to the mini Ruckus. Ditched the cheapo esc and put in a Hobbywing 10BL60SD esc on the old esc mounting location, moved the receiver to the side of the battery tray and swapped out the eBay 2845 3900kv motor for a Tenshock 2938 4850kv motor.

20210913_104841.jpg

20210913_170812.jpg
20210913_170818.jpg

Worked on the noto since she "donated" her front shocks to my son's granite. New m2c tower, m2c standoffs and an exb fr upper hinge mount. Now just have to wait for bearings and new shocks to show up so I can finally change out the bushings in the steering rack, put a 16t pinion on and finish putting her all back together.

20210915_164923.jpg
20210915_172118.jpg

Parts came in today so I got the bearings in the steering rack and new shocks on. Decided against the 16t pinion right now, but other than some wheels that need a bit of glue the noto just needs to wait for lock tight to cure.

Yes I know it's dirty, but after this weekend the noto and k6s are both getting torn down, oil refreshed and thoroughly cleaned and pampered.

Deep into the interwebs trying to educate my guess as to what motor my dad had built for his camino, and what I'm looking at to replace some missing parts. Looks like a small block, but I'll have to pull the alternator to get any real info. My money's on a 350 derivative.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the tranny linkage connected and see if I can get the motor to turn. If it'll turn, I'll get the radiator hooked up and try to get it to move itself.
Lofty goals for a car that sat in a field for a few years...

Deep into the interwebs trying to educate my guess as to what motor my dad had built for his camino, and what I'm looking at to replace some missing parts. Looks like a small block, but I'll have to pull the alternator to get any real info. My money's on a 350 derivative.
Hopefully tomorrow I can get the tranny linkage connected and see if I can get the motor to turn. If it'll turn, I'll get the radiator hooked up and try to get it to move itself.
Lofty goals for a car that sat in a field for a few years...
Sometimes with those small block Chevy engines it is really hard to tell what you have unless you tear it apart. I got an engine for free my my stepbrother one time, he told me it was a 400 small block so that is what I thought it was. I finally got to tearing it down to do gaskets and found out it wasn't a 400 it was a 383 stroker.

Decided to try out the Arrma 12t motor in my crawler over the stock 20t so got it installed and also went from the 14t pinion to an 18t. Not sure with crawlers if a bigger pinion will help more for slow crawling or if I should go back down to the stock 14t. @Pat_ranch @Doom! suggestions as far as the pinion change and 12t motor over the 20t motor please and thanks fellas👊🏼
20210916_235744.jpg

Back