What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to my Man @hdt1980 I have always wanted a way to remove my Infraction body on/off have no wires to fight with and now have a magnetic connection for my Polo Creations lights....

Bought a new body from @Mazduh3 so look forward to painting it and moving this system over for a cleaner look.

1643606919774.png
1643606948398.png
1643607056255.png

Last edited:
I bought some tool steel and gave it a go a while back. They just seem to snap too easy. Never even bend, just clean breaks.
Tool steel is very hard, and hard steels are brittle. Some of the hardest tool steels will shatter if dropped on a concrete floor. Tool steel makes sh!tty pins, sh!tty axles, and sh!tty anything that needs to be TOUGH. If you want tough steel, look no further than 4340 Cr-Mo and the like. That's what you would use to make a chisel, axle, or pin because it is tough, not so brittle or hard.

Tool steel is very hard, and hard steels are brittle. Some of the hardest tool steels will shatter if dropped on a concrete floor. Tool steel makes sh!tty pins, sh!tty axles, and sh!tty anything that needs to be TOUGH. If you want tough steel, look no further than 4340 Cr-Mo and the like. That's what you would use to make a chisel, axle, or pin because it is tough, not so brittle or hard.
Thanks for that. I'll definitely look into what's available. It was impossible to figure out what the actual pins were made of, but Cro Moly seems a likely candidate.

Did spinal surgery on one of my 4x4 chassis with a fractured spine. I had a spare chassis but thought if I can fix the old one why not try. As long as the steering rack clears it, it should be fine. Time will tell. No lose if it doesn't work.

20220202_172551.jpg
20220202_172756.jpg

Last edited:
While working on my infraction 4s, I took the body off and set in on my Talion. And I see........hmmmmm🤔

20220202_123919.jpg

Last edited:
Back