What did you work on today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, been working on my new Noto6s this week upgrading parts before running it for the 1st time. It's killing me, but I want to do it right. Lol

Stripped a set screw in the tire hub when working on those earlier this week....thank goodness for those micro extractors! They work great. Learned my lesson there with set screws.

This is my 1st 1/8 and today is the 1st time I have ever attempted diff oil (going 60/500/30) and bearing changes.

Front diff...not a problem at all. Videos and AF assistance made it easy. Of course getting the sway bar back on I tightened the set screw too much and cracked the plastic "arm" it goes into. Crappers.....another lesson learned.

Center diff.....piece of cake.

Now I am onto the rear.....gotta find a video as the diff cover is NOT coming out with just 4 screws! Lol Appears I have to remove a lot more! Should have did the rear diff when I had everything off replacing the brace and wing mounts..(DOH!)..lesson learned.

For my 1st breakdown of diffs ever I am pretty proud of myself. For all you other newbies out there, don't be intimidated, it's really easy. Just go slow.

Once this is finished just need to put motor fan on, swap out servo (arriving today) and install new reciever for RL transmitter. Then I think it'll be ready for it's 1st run!! Cant wait!!!

Thanks to everyone at AF that has provided advice directly to me or to others in past forums. I've learned so much!! I'm ready to take apart my other rigs now!!!

20220513_160206.jpg

I worked on getting this Castle Combo into my Typhon TLr. Soldered on a IC5 connector.
044A92A4-19CB-4B23-ADF6-E0C54CD15B96.jpeg
I think I’ll be fairly happy with this setup now. Mamba monster x and 1800kv motor sensored setup. Just haven’t decided if it will be 4S ran or 6S. Going to start with a 20T pinion 😆

i started rebuilding my typhon 3s to 4s, had it for aprox 2 years and gotta say it's reliable. has it's cons but for the price it's not bad. i know i coulda gotten a tlr or 6s typhon but than what would i do with all the extra parts or an extra buggy. so i just said fuk it, and did it. i'm almost done. just waiting on the m2c adapters to 17mm since the arrma cvds go to 14mm.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Making scale subwoofers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 217366
You should have at least picked a good brand :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I worked on getting this Castle Combo into my Typhon TLr. Soldered on a IC5 connector. View attachment 217240I think I’ll be fairly happy with this setup now. Mamba monster x and 1800kv motor sensored setup. Just haven’t decided if it will be 4S ran or 6S. Going to start with a 20T pinion 😆
1800kv when did they start making a 1800kv? I need me one of those.

Mowed my yard, mowed the neighbors yard. Seeded some bare spots in my yard put down weed control in the neighbors yard her yard has been neglected for many many years. In the 4 years I have lived here I have seen it mowed 3 times so today I decided to give it a little TLC. I have a pile of dead tree branches so big I could make a signal fire that could be seen from space.

Last night and this morning removed the 100+ effin screws and parts on my RC BO XTE so I can clean/change diff oil and bearings while waiting for my Arrma parts today to finish working on my Noto6s. I love my BO XTE, but man, they could have made it easier to get to stuff! That's why we buy Arrma! ;)(y)
20220514_190836.jpg

Last night and this morning removed the 100+ effin screws and parts on my RC BO XTE so I can clean/change diff oil and bearings while waiting for my Arrma parts today to finish working on my Noto6s. I love my BO XTE, but man, they could have made it easier to get to stuff! That's why we buy Arrma! ;)(y)View attachment 217732
Work on the wltoys 144001 once, to replace the spur gear you have to basically disassemble most of the car. Top plate and both gearbox covers have to come out as it uses a solid shaft that goes directly from the front to the rear. Same has to be done if you strip out the diff pinion gear.

Last night and this morning removed the 100+ effin screws and parts on my RC BO XTE so I can clean/change diff oil and bearings while waiting for my Arrma parts today to finish working on my Noto6s. I love my BO XTE, but man, they could have made it easier to get to stuff! That's why we buy Arrma! ;)(y)View attachment 217732
That's how my xte usually looks, too!

AC unit in one of my rentals went out today. Best I can tell the load capacitor went bad and caused the wires to get too hot. They were resting on one of the refrigerant lines and caused it to burst. This is an older unit with R22, which is about $95/lb, so I'm replacing the unit because it's only about $1000 more to get a new one vs fixing this one. The tenant is a single mother with two kids who left an abusive relationship. She's dealt with poopy people enough in her life, so we're putting her and her kids up in an Air B&B until I can get this replaced. I'm hoping I don't run into supply chain issues, but being a Sunday there aren't really any places open to talk to, so I'll have to see about that tomorrow.

20220515_105300.jpg
20220515_105255.jpg

AC unit in one of my rentals went out today. Best I can tell the load capacitor went bad and caused the wires to get too hot. They were resting on one of the refrigerant lines and caused it to burst. This is an older unit with R22, which is about $95/lb, so I'm replacing the unit because it's only about $1000 more to get a new one vs fixing this one. The tenant is a single mother with two kids who left an abusive relationship. She's dealt with poopy people enough in her life, so we're putting her and her kids up in an Air B&B until I can get this replaced. I'm hoping I don't run into supply chain issues, but being a Sunday there aren't really any places open to talk to, so I'll have to see about that tomorrow.

View attachment 217766View attachment 217767
I have (2) 3ton units in my house , one is still from 1997 , R22 unit , and in the addition I built 2008 , a R410 unit . The 410 units are very temperamental to a dirty cond coil , even when they don't look that bad , they can kick off on high head pressure in the hot days so the 410 unit I take out the fan and clean the coil once a year . The R22 unit have only cleaned 3 times in 25 years !!!! Almost looks like a wool blanket some times , my bad !! LOL

Back